Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible. And really disappointing. What would you even make fun of in such a situation? :yeahright:
yea this incident should have been reported to the aamc for harassment. Looking back I still cannot believe that happened in any professional environment let alone an interview day at Mt Sinai. Highly disgusted by the behavior of that admissions staffer amd the students who took part in that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bump, for all those looking to add GTOWN to this list, just read this thread

Reactions: 4 users
Bump, for all those looking to add GTOWN to this list, just read this thread

Georgetown's psych program is also notoriously corrupt. Ze rot spreads all the way up to their GME. They need radical surgical debridement STAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied anyway, but they are one of only 2 schools that has actually rejected me so far (not count likely silent rejections and such), so I am now on this bandwagon.

Reactions: 1 users
14 years and 359 days ago was the day I cussed out the director of admissions because he told me, and I can still here the ton in his voice, "We are Georgetown. There are thousands of other people who would want to be here." I am a little bit blurry on the last part of the second sentence. My hatred level was at an all time high when he got to the "Other people" part.

Reactions: 17 users
14 years and 359 days ago was the day I cussed out the director of admissions because he told me, and I can still here the ton in his voice, "We are Georgetown. There are thousands of other people who would want to be here." I am a little bit blurry on the last part of the second sentence. My hatred level was at an all time high when he got to the "Other people" part.

You are the hero this forum needs.

No doubt the Georgetown admissions office has a print out of this thread plastered on the walls with the words "NEVER AGAIN" written all over them.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure you understand - Georgetown would be proud of what they did, and would say the same thing today to another applicant. They can, and do.

You are the hero this forum needs.

No doubt the Georgetown admissions office has a print out of this thread plastered on the walls with the words "NEVER AGAIN" written all over them.

Considering how many people have decided not to apply to Georgetown because of this post, I don't think they would do the same thing again. I've heard stories of how they actually do accept reasonable requests such as this now. And as I've stated before, at this point it actually would have been cheaper for them to offer me a full ride 15 years ago.

Not sure you understand - Georgetown would be proud of what they did, and would say the same thing today to another applicant. They can, and do.

Reactions: 3 users
This phone call happened 15 years ago today. #neverforget.

Reactions: 28 users
And with my 5,000th post I will bump this up. This is the last time I will ever bring up this thread. I now pass it unto you guys.

I wrote this post 13 years ago (almost to the day) right after getting off the phone with Georgetown. The director of admissions had just said to me "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make exceptions for people like you. We have hundreds of people who will take your spot."

I still to this day can hear the tone in his voice. I was hoping to maybe bump it up a year later and get 5-10 people not to apply. Get maybe $1,000 in lost application fees from them. Little did I know how successful this thread would be. I had actually left it for dead after my one year bump. Only when someone else happened to bump it up 3 years later did I realize what I had.

And you know, I probably would have let it die years ago, if it wasn't for the fact the same people are running the admissions department now. Sullivan, I think.

Anyways, it's been real, but it is time for me to move on. I'll still check this every once in a while, but no more me bringing it up.

This phone call happened 15 years ago today. #neverforget.

HAHA the Jalby grudge is real!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little bit pissed right now. I hate Georgetown. I'm nominating them for the worst admissions committee in the nation.

I got the invite for an interview a month ago and it told me I had to schedual by october 1st and interview by the 28th. We'll I teach a class in California every monday, wednesday and friday and there is no way that I could have flown out to washington DC and back in time to interview and make my class. I called them up Sept 25th and told them this, and I would have to interview in december. They told me I had to write a letter to the dean and explain my problem and he might consider letting me have an extension. I think this is bull****, but I'll do it later in the month.
Today I find out that my friday, oct 28th, class is cancelled. I try calling up Georgetown to see if I can get an interview then. The tell me that since I never wrote a letter to the dean, there is no way they will ever let me interview. I'm thinking this is complete BS. By the time I can finish the letter and the dean reviews it and all the other stuff there is no way I will be able to get a flight to Washington DC. But then they tell me that not only can't I interview in October, but because they didn't recieve the letter by Oct 1st, I was automatically rejected. So now I probably never will be able to interview at Georgetown because of their F***d up admission policies. I'm not normally a vengful person, but if I remember this next June or so I'm going to try and encourage people (at least on the west coast) not even to waste the 150$ to apply to GT.

Thanks for reading my post. I feel a little bit better now.

i feel u. some of the staff just a bunch of white ppl. its racism to the core m

dont waste ur time with schols not worth ur time. its all about getin in to just 1 school

This thread just reinforced my faith in my decision not to finish Georgetown's secondary. Thanks for saving me $130, everyone :)

Reactions: 5 users
I honestly admire the kind of hatred it takes to keep a grudge going for 15 years, to the point internet trolling actually has a toll on the School's admissions process.

You are everything the internet was created to uphold. You are the hatred that keeps us warm during cold nights. You are the fire that burns and lights our way; for Georgetown's admissions process is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming, and we are lucky to have you on our side.

@Jalby,
I tip my hat to you sir.

Reactions: 14 users
I honestly admire the kind of hatred it takes to keep a grudge going for 15 years, to the point internet trolling actually has a toll on the School's admissions process.

You are everything the internet was created to uphold. You are the hatred that keeps us warm during cold nights. You are the fire that burns and lights our way; for Georgetown's admissions process is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming, and we are lucky to have you on our side.

@Jalby,
I tip my hat to you sir.

lol wut. i don't get u

i agree with u 100% fight the power. **** em

Interviewed here earlier this cycle, can honestly say nothing has changed

I think the GT rejection I received might have been a favor...

I should have started browsing SDN when I was 8 years old. I would have known not to apply to G Town.

In all seriousness, the trend of throwing shade on the internet started around 2001. OP is an OG.

admissions process all sucks. if a school dont want me forget them. see if i care

@Jalby,
I tip my hat to you sir.

The wind beneath your wings???

The hatred that keeps me warm during cold winter nights
ppl on this forum all touchy and ****. they need to chill the **** out. i dont need this to get wher i am in life. their opininos dont mean ****

ppl on this forum all touchy and ****. they need to chill the **** out. i dont need this to get wher i am in life. their opininos dont mean ****
What are you talking about?
Who taught you how to type?
So many questions, so few answers.....

Reactions: 8 users

7c7c84938589d41d38bf875011ac81ef214d4663d8c3ff10d14514a09e16f0f6.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Yes I'd like to order a large pizza with extra opininos please.

Reactions: 13 users
This thread is officially 15 years old as of today. I am seriously impressed with the stamina of this vendetta......

This thread is officially 15 years old as of today. I am seriously impressed with the stamina of this vendetta......

This thread brings a tear to my eye. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes...
"Where there is hate there is life" - Mahatma Gandhi

Interviewed here earlier this cycle, can honestly say nothing has changed
@Huggy, would you mind sharing your experience? I've managed to dodge their pre-II axe for a couple of months now. While I don't expect good news, I'd like to prepare for it.

Can we just sticky this thread and get it over with? I think this has to be some kind of internet record for longest running grudge-thread.

@Jalby I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart that you saved me and many other $130 on this secondary. I hope to be here on the 30th anniversary to toast to this epic thread.

Reactions: 2 users
@Jalby while I did not apply to Georgetown, this thread made me laugh and I applaud you for making this. Georgetown lost out on you my good man

Posting in this thread so I can come back to it in 15 years

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who is relatively new to SDN, I'm so happy this thread was bumped, and I'm also happy with my decision not to apply to Georgetown.

Does SDN auto-lock threads after a certain number of pages/posts?

Reading the first few pages of this thread is like a trip back in time. Even the slang is different.

Reactions: 6 users
I like how around year 5-7 people stopped saying "Jalby are you really still mad about this?" and started saying " Jalby I love you, keep this hate thread going"

It's like a case study of SDNs descent into cynicism

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.