Worth paying for DIT 2012? vs 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topscorer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
DOes anybody have opinion if its worth paying for the new 2012 DIT course

or if sticking with the 2010 will be enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just pay for it. I found it helpful for step 1 and I'm using 2012 right for step 2 and like it a lot. The workbook they send you is massive too. I'm sure the videos have evolved a lot over 2 years since DIT is pretty new and still fine tuning their craft.

do you find it difficult to rewatch there onine set up, i mean moving around the playback, like if you wanted to rehear the last minute or if you missed something. I understand you can only go thru the videos twice? so once you hit play you cant stop it or what?

do you find it difficult to rewatch there onine set up, i mean moving around the playback, like if you wanted to rehear the last minute or if you missed something. I understand you can only go thru the videos twice? so once you hit play you cant stop it or what?

Not exactly. You can rewind/forward/re-watch a video as many times as you like, and it's not marked as "complete" until you start the next video. You're allowed two "completions" for each video, so as long as you don't move on to the next lecture, you can spend as much time as you'd like fiddling with a current lecture.

Members don't see this ad :)
The videos for 2012 are newly recorded. It isn't like they just re-released the previous years videos and spliced over points they wanted to add for the current year. I signed up for 2012, just finished my first pass through the videos, as well as having the 2011 copy to compare against. First off, if you are talking about the readily available 2010 version, it is incomplete and lacks the hand out. The course is only good because the active learning that comes from doing the handout. In my opinion the course works well if done properly.

While the 2011 videos are primarily done by Dr. Jenkins, the 2012 ones are mostly done by Dr. Lewis and Dr. McGinnis. I am not sure how much of the content has changed, but they have reorganized the course. This year they split the lectures into much smaller sections, which I think makes it easier to follow and stay engaged. There are 130 lectures that are between 20-40 minutes which makes them easier to take on. The quizzes are shorter, and more frequent. It is still based of the same SUTS2 book, but they make a point to be sure you correct all the errors, and that you have the current information.

It seems like they are doing there best with there product. It is not overly expensive, and it is actually manageable to get through during your prep. I personally pay for products that I think are worth it. However to each their own.

This year they split the lectures into much smaller sections, which I think makes it easier to follow and stay engaged. There are 130 lectures that are between 20-40 minutes which makes them easier to take on. The quizzes are shorter, and more frequent. It is still based of the same SUTS2 book, but they make a point to be sure you correct all the errors, and that you have the current information

I can't speak for their Step 2 materials, but I bought the 2012 version for Step 1 and think just the opposite. When you break it up into 100 little sections, it feels overwhelming. You can knock out 20 of them and all you're thinking is "I still have 80 left." I'd much rather there be longer, fewer lectures. But like you said, to each their own.

DIT has an average step 2 of like 240.

That includes all the underachievers.

That being said, if you are an overachiever like everyone on this stupid website, you are guaranteed a 245-250.

600 bucks for a guaranteed 250? Sold.

DIT has an average step 2 of like 240.

That includes all the underachievers.

That being said, if you are an overachiever like everyone on this stupid website, you are guaranteed a 245-250.

600 bucks for a guaranteed 250? Sold.

No one is guaranteed anything, so I'm not sure why you'd say that.

Well yeah, when someone promotes something so enthusiastically, citing the company's stated average and then saying that you're guaranteed to get a certain score and then putting a dollar amount to that guaranteed certain score, I do tend to take it literally. That's just the cut of my jib. :)

I liked the DIT Step 1 program, and I thought it helped a lot, but I ended up with a 227 despite getting a 230 on UWSA2 and a 221 on NBME 11 before starting the program.

Of course, I was probably an aberration. DIT really raised my UW scores and I got a 246 on their "predictive exam."

I still chose to use DIT for Step 2, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as their Step 1 course. An average score of 240 isn't that big of a deal, considering that the average score overall is 235.

Hi all,

I am entering 3rd year and am looking for some study resources to help me study for shelves etc as well as ultimately prep for Step 2. I'm not sure whether there is another thread that covers study tips, but I used DIT for Step 1 and it was helpful in getting me organized as well as providing a structured approach to tackling FA 2012. With that said, I wanted to download DIT 2011/12 to watch as I go through various rotations, anyone know a link?

Feel free to pm me if you have it.

I have the 2011 DIT packet already downloaded, but no vids :(. If he didn't only allow a 45 day access I'd buy it, but since that's not an option, I'll have to download an older version. Thanks :)

I liked the DIT Step 1 program, and I thought it helped a lot, but I ended up with a 227 despite getting a 230 on UWSA2 and a 221 on NBME 11 before starting the program.

Of course, I was probably an aberration. DIT really raised my UW scores and I got a 246 on their "predictive exam."

I still chose to use DIT for Step 2, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as their Step 1 course. An average score of 240 isn't that big of a deal, considering that the average score overall is 235.

Average is 233 with SD of 22 per my score report. But this is only for students from US and Canadian schools (+ skew???).
As you said I don't think DIT for step 2 was as good as for step 1. It's main strength is that it gets you through all the material but I don't feel the concepts were as well explained as they were for step 1 nor do I feel that Step up to Step 2 is the best resource on the market. There were many many questions on U World that you could not find a specific enough answer for within the text.