Worthy of an application update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duelistkingdom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope your winter break is going well. So, I listed in my primary app and secondary apps that I had a publication pending for one of my research projects. A couple days ago, our manuscript was finally finished and sent to the journal of cell biology for publication. Should I let the schools I'm waitlisted (post interview) /on hold (pre interview) know about the finalization and submission of the manuscript? Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

The schools I'm aiming towards sending the update are Dartmouth, wake forest, Ohio st, and most of the CA schools. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

submission? prob not, you already stated you were submitting soon.
but when it's accepted, definitely.

Reactions: 1 user
Update only when it's published.

Submission is the first step. There might be future revisions on the manuscript. Adcoms only care about the finished product.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submission? Not.
Publication? Yes.

Always make sure that schools welcome updates.

Hey guys, hope your winter break is going well. So, I listed in my primary app and secondary apps that I had a publication pending for one of my research projects. A couple days ago, our manuscript was finally finished and sent to the journal of cell biology for publication. Should I let the schools I'm waitlisted (post interview) /on hold (pre interview) know about the finalization and submission of the manuscript? Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

The schools I'm aiming towards sending the update are Dartmouth, wake forest, Ohio st, and most of the CA schools. Thanks guys!

Congrats on your publication!

FYI - most of the CA schools do NOT accept updates. I think UCI is the only one that does, but you may want to double check.

Congrats on your publication!

FYI - most of the CA schools do NOT accept updates. I think UCI is the only one that does, but you may want to double check.

Submission DNE publication.