Would Appreciate Feedback!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterFlash

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

If you're reading this, thank you- I would love as much feedback and advice as I can get. It's always been my dream to go to medical school and my husband and I have recently been able to make a plan for me to attempt what I've always wanted. I graduated from undergrad 11 years ago -- I went through some personal difficulties at the time and have low cum gpa of 2.59 - psychology major. Additionally, I have low SAT scores - it's been so long I honestly can't even remember, but I think it was 1070/1090/something like that.

Since college, I have been working with foster youth and the mentally ill. I really enjoy it and got my master's degree in social work in 2009. I was in a much better space, more mature and knew what I wanted and I graduated with a 3.979 GPA. Since then, I've passed by state licensure exams and have been employed as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have several years experience providing therapy and behavioral health services to children and families, as well as working in a pediatric clinic as the developmental social worker.

I still need to take all my science classes so think a post bacc would be best for me -- I am concerned though -- do you guys think I have a chance of getting in to a post bacc with my low GPA and SAT score? All the programs I've seen require standardized test scores.
Because of my low GPA, should I try to study and take the GRE? instead of submitting an old SAT score?

I am looking for honest feedback about how to proceed and if I have a chance of getting in to a post bacc and subsequent medical school with my undergrad past.

I am also Latina (born here to immigrant parents) and have read this may help me too?

Thank you if you read this whole post!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.