would be fellows.... u r input?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnsmith130077

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can the current fellowship applicants give their input as the match progresses as to how to improve one's application right from intern year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
can the current fellowship applicants give their input as the match progresses as to how to improve one's application right from intern year?

Go to the best IM program you can and do well. IMGs from community programs with 6 publications will not do as well as an AMG from a great IM program with only an abstract. Have a credible story for why you are interested in GI and what your area of interest within the field is.

At some point more research wont help you. Read old threads, there are people with multiple publications not matching and at a loss for what to do next.

Matched this year into so Cali program here are my thoughts on this past cycle...

Research is a must as a majority of my interviews revolved around my research and interests esp at academic places. OBviously pubs are a great plus, but I only had one manuscript submitted, no pubs, but did have 8 abstracts all presented at ddw... Start early on your research. Strong letters of rec from well known people is very helpful and can make your application stand out... The GI community is small and a lot of attendings know each other, esp GI PDs. Strong step scores def help if they are very high, esp if you have a well rounded app. Lastly, which is obvious, do great on your interview day. Be genuine, don't bs your ans as many if not all interviewers can tell if one is being disingenuous and jus saying what the interviewer wants to hear. Hope that helps, please feel free to pm with any questions.