Would I be considered a re-applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary app in July, got verified, applied to about 7 schools, and received secondaries for this application cycle (14-15) so far. My initial plan was to submit my application as soon as possible, get verified and take the MCAT in the meantime. I received secondaries, but have not submitted any yet. I was going to take the MCAT and have my scores sent asap so I can be on time for this cycle, but due to a family/financial crisis, I don't think I can continue on with applying this cycle. I have yet to take my mcat because I've had to work so much to help support my family financially so I've rescheduled to January. I know if I take the mcat in jan, it'll be too late so I'm thinking about withdrawing my apps for this cycle and just applying next cycle when I have my MCAT scores and are more financially prepared.

My question is, would I be considered a re-applicant if I withdraw my apps this cycle and apply next cycle? If so, would I be a re-applicant to ONLY the schools which I've applied to this cycle or all med schools? I'm just a little unsure because I haven't gotten any rejections nor submitted any secondaries/MCAT scores for any of my applications to be considered "complete" at any school this cycle.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You are only a re-applicant if your primary was verified. If you withdrew it before verification you are not. It's unclear from above if the app was verified (I'm assuming so b/c you received secondaries). You'd be a re-applicant to medical school and AMCAS will on your primary will be asked if you applied to schools before. Most schools as on the secondary if you ever applied to medical school before and you'd say yes and explain why you are a re-applicant. This is detailed in the AMCAS instruction manual.

you are a re-applicant to any schools you submitted primary applications to.