Would I get a DQ for UTI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinay58

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently applying for med AF HPSP for 2017. hopefully this isn't TMI, but I ended up disclosing that I had 3 UTIs in the past 4 years at MEPS yesterday and now the CMO wants the records. since the last one was within 1 year ago, I would get a temporary DQ, which would end in December. so if I submit my records after December, would I be ok? the other occurrences were 3 and 4 years ago. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your profile is hidden but, based on your screenname, I'm assuming you are female. Medical reviews can be unpredictable. However, the only way a couple UTIs will create an issue for you is if you have known anatomic abnormalities that predispose you to UTIs. So, almost certainly, nothing to worry about. Different story for recurrent UTIs in a male.

Reactions: 1 user
Your profile is hidden but, based on your screenname, I'm assuming you are female. Medical reviews can be unpredictable. However, the only way a couple UTIs will create an issue for you is if you have known anatomic abnormalities that predispose you to UTIs. So, almost certainly, nothing to worry about. Different story for recurrent UTIs in a male.
yes, i'm a female. since I still have time to submit my application for HPSP, I think I'll just wait to have them look at my records until after the year has passed so I don't have to deal with a temporary DQ. thanks for your input

You should be fine.