Would I list this as a minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EasternMer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I majored in Biology with a Concentration in Education. Approx half of my coursework is Education.

So would I list this as a minor? Or a certificate? or what?

I know that non-science majors sometimes seem interesting, and to be honest my Education coursework is what ended up affecting me the most, as I'm a school teacher. But I'm confused as to how to represent this on my application.

Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Concentrations are not minors.

Pick a formative experience that drew on knowledge from those classes and sell the crap out of it. I personally don't think you should waste space in a character-limited essay pointing out that your concentration was in education... that you're a school teacher and your course list should imply that education is a big part of who you are. Confirm it with an anecdote and drive home the point in interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
what are they then?
They are concentrations. A distinct academic entity.

Example: As an undergrad, I had one concentration and two minors. On my application, I don't get to say that I had three minors because I did not. I had one concentration and two minors.

As simple as that.