would like some feedback on my EC's, have some questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bournvita

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Bump! Really need some advice, as I feel like a completely average applicant, and I'd like opinions on what I can improve on. Thank you.

Looks like your EC's are pretty standard. Your clinical experience may be above average with the EMT. Keep up the good work!

As for the questions, I can only comment on #2. If you can smell the patient, it's clinical according to LizzyM. It does not really matter what you do (most volunteers stock shelves or wipe beds, etc anyways)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd find a few more MDs to shadow as you said. Something that sticks out to me about your ECs is they all seem to be centered around clinical things/trying to get skills for medical school. That's a good thing of course, but is there anything else you are interested in? A sport, hobby, even volunteering for things that don't involve science/health but that you enjoy doing. I think something in that direction would make you feel less "standard" and allow your personality to shine through a bit more.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your EC's look pretty good right now! It seems like you have some great clinical experiences. Maybe try and add some non-clinical experiences to help round you out? That's what I'd do.

Thank you for your responses! I will look into some interesting nonclinical volunteering.