Would the may 14th mcat be too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bIack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on turning in my application to TMDSAS, and I was wondering if taking the May 14th MCAT would put me at a disadvantage as I will be getting my scores well after the application opens.

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on turning in my application to TMDSAS, and I was wondering if taking the May 14th MCAT would put me at a disadvantage as I will be getting my scores well after the application opens.
Yes a disadvantage but not serious and it really depends on how the rest of your application looks. May is late but it doesn't put you out of the running. A general rule of thumb is a year and a half before you hope to matriculate.

I'm in the same boat, scheduled for may 14th. We'll get our scores back by June 14th. If by that time you've already got everything in and the last thing missing is your MCAT we should still be solid. Think about it, the application cycle for TMSDAS is 5 months long. It'll be %30 of the way there by the time we're complete (if we take care of business of course).

I was worried about this too, but talked to a med school admissions dean who told me that it generally takes 5-6 weeks for aamc to validate your app (transcripts, etc.). So med schools basically don't see your app until mid-July. B/c of this I ended up pushing my test date back to June 18th as the app will be validated around when the MCAT scores are released.