Would TPR and EK together be enough to study?

• Thread starter Deleted member 755173
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 755173

So I was able to get my hands on a set of TPR and the 9th ed EK books for free. I've been reading up a little bit and am wondering if these would be sufficient for content review and practice or should I try out some other books?

Also, is it worth shelling out some money and getting the newer (10th) edition of the EK books? I got the 9th for free so I don't really know if it would be worth it to buy a full set.

Members don't see this ad.

They certainly should be sufficient for content review. (With all of the free resources out there, like Khan Academy, I quite honestly believe that any one set of content books is enough to review the material properly, if you're thorough enough. Of course, there are differences that cause some students to like certain books better than others, but it's not like you'll be deficient with these two sets at all.)

With regard to practice, that's a little bit different. Do you have access to any practice exams? You'll certainly need at least a handful of those in addition to your books, and it would be a good idea to have access to as many solid passages as possible as well.