Wrapping up my first semester back in school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poppie910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
..and I've got a 4.0 so far! Its been a while since I've posted in here. But yeah, im just doing the comm college thing until I can transfer, but im very proud of myself for starting out my med school goal with a bang. During the summer, I will be starting to log some community service, which will also bring me one step closer to med school acceptance. My next semester will consist of eng comp 1, college algebra, chem 1 and sociology. Im going to save as many upper level courses for the university.
but im ranting. I just wanted to give an update and tell everyone just to keep it up and hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end!!..... hopefully. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck! I am starting ENGL II and CHEM I this summer.

..and I've got a 4.0 so far! Its been a while since I've posted in here. But yeah, im just doing the comm college thing until I can transfer, but im very proud of myself for starting out my med school goal with a bang. During the summer, I will be starting to log some community service, which will also bring me one step closer to med school acceptance. My next semester will consist of eng comp 1, college algebra, chem 1 and sociology. Im going to save as many upper level courses for the university.
but im ranting. I just wanted to give an update and tell everyone just to keep it up and hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end!!..... hopefully. Lol

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Great job!
As non traditionals, we have to celebrate all the little victories along the way!

Keep us up to date on your successes!
Marcia

Doing CC as well :) Grade replacement and some upper level BIO. I'd like to have done them at a 4-year uni, but the only two near me run $1100-$1400 a credit and the state school is about 30 miles away, too far to commute considering I have to be back near home for work everyday. Last summer (when I started GPA improvement) the CC credits were $83, starting this fall they'll be $90.

Keep up the good work and don't get complacent! Getting a B at a uni isn't that bad, but a B at a CC might just be a death sentence for your application.

Congrats on straight As! Happy to hear of your success as a fellow nontrad on this journey. :) Keep up the great work!

Great work on this semester's performance! Keep it up. :)

Welcome to the back-to-school club :)

Congrats on your hard work paying off - sure feels great doesn't it? Try to hold on to that feeling of success; place it somewhere secure in the back of your mind, where it is within easy reach so you can pull it out for inspiration when you hit any bumps in your road.

Keep up the great work and please continue to keep us updated.

Yes it does feel fantastic! Im gaining more and more energy and motivation day by day. I WANT this challenge and I WANT this life. As do all of you as well, obviously. I will be sure to keep you all updated each semester. Ciao for now!

Awesome! I went back to school online for almost a year before changing up my goals. I'd taken a 2 year break, and I remember the victory of receiving A's. I start classes Monday for summer sem and officially embark on my scholastic journey towards med school. I'm excited and nervous, and can only hope I come back to post a thread similar to yours in another 4 months!

Again, good job : )

congrats! i just started backin school too. i've taken a couple of classes (p/t) at comm college until i am able to transfer to state uni in aug & go to school f/t. i got an A in my intro chem winter qtr & am mid way through anatomy class (getting a low A so far). it feels good. every little A feels so good, lol. i feel like a little kid looking for a gold star but who cares? congrats to both of us & any one else embarking on this journey :)

! Getting a B at a uni isn't that bad, but a B at a CC might just be a death sentence for your application.

Emphasis on the"might" there. Many things "might" happen - some CC's have very rigorous science courses. There is a stigma against too many CC credits and also against poor grades, but "death sentence" is too strong.