WREB experience...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2jza780

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow colleagues,
I have lurked this forum for many years now, but have never really posted much because every doubt I have had, is pretty much answered using the search engine…

I do feel the need to express my experience about presenting the WREB exam last month. I must say, the overall experience was remarkably enjoyable. It was an experience that only those who have presented this exam can share. Nothing described to me about this exam, seemed possible or true. Each to their own. I shared the same stress as everyone else in the midst of accepting my satisfactory preparation for this exam.
I read the candidate guide 6 times total, including the weekend of the actual exam. I practiced class II preparations with both, amalgam and composite on typodonts for two weeks leading up to the exam. 1-2 complete endo/ root canals using a rotary system from open to seal. I re-evaluated my patient(s) several times a week for regular probing and clinical/visual image memory and planning. Lastly, I screened dozens of patients in search of that perfect/ ideal patient.

Now, overall, I felt prepared. I was not nervous the weekend of the exam nor did I carry much doubt of my capabilities.
However, no matter how much you prepare yourself for the WREB, there is only so much that one can do, alone. If anything was of true value to my preparation besides my personal efforts, it was in big part- my assistant. As advice, consider an experienced assistant over anything. I believe now, that our job and requirement is to work solely on dentistry, hence, we are dentist. My suggestion is an assistant who allows you to do just that- dentistry. When the going gets tough, a spine to support or shoulder to lean on- a good assistant is very much a plus.
The pressure is existent and its almost inevitable to forget something such as an instrument, filling out paperwork, attain to the patients needs, etc.
Whoever, decides in the near future to prepare for this exam, 3 criteria’s must be met:

1. Preparation- Overall

2. An amazing assistant
3. Ideal Patient(s)

I found my assistant here on the student doctor network, and this was a total blessing from God. I am truly blessed. She goes by the name of Beverely- 916-712-2672 ([email protected]). Total lifesaver! Clutch player! The Kobe Bryant of Dental Assisting!
She made this exam, an enjoyable experience and I hands down, recommend her to anyone depending on her availability.
It does not matter which assistant you choose- but do notice the track record- PASS.

Good Luck to you all. Have fun. We are all facing the same challenges and exams, so lets be supportive and share our experience, testimony, suggestions and/or advice.
Any further questions, comments or concerns, feel free to message my inbox.

Members don't see this ad.

The WREB is a relatively laid back board exam compared to the others out there...ahem...Florida. I have a great assistant available also if anyone is interested in getting one and she is located in the Southern California area. She will travel out as a far as Nevada though. PM me if you need to touch base with her!

Thanks for sharing your experience..
I would appreciate it if you could tell more about your experience with Prosth CSW what sources did you use to prepare?
Thanks in advance

Last edited: