WREB Pros

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need help with pros, what study material/guide did you use? I failed pros twice and I'm really worried, one last chance to retake it. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, sorry that you had to take the Pros the third time. I personally think that DentalBuster is not good enough for the Pros section. I hope I can help you with some tips:
1. Implant: just know some basic stuffs
- If the patient only has two implants, that system is implant retained and needs tissue supported (aka implant-retained, tissue-support overdenture)
- If the patient has more than 4 (mand) or 6 (max) impalnts, that system is implant supported (implant withstand all the mastication force)
- If anything not normal (bad angle, not enough occlusal space), use custom abutment
- Make sure you can identify pictures of different parts of implants (healing cap, first-stage implant abutment, etc.)
- Implant has no PDL and needed to be clean by plastic instrument
2. Fixed: study from the reference book listed in the candidate guide (Principle of Fixed Pros, as I recall)
You don't need to read the whole book, just read chapters about principle of tooth preparation, and preparation for all ceramic, PFM and cast metal crowns.
- Make sure you can distinguish between preps PFM, ceramic, and cast metal by pictures
- Make sure you know what are the consequences of different clinical errors (open margin will cause -> ?, open contact will cause -> ?, etc.)
- Learn about Triple Tray technique

* On the exam, when they ask what is wrong with the prep: check margin, check contact, check occlusion then make sure the reduction is correct for respective prep (for example: cast metal prep should have very thin chamfer finish line and you should not see a thick 1mm shoulder from the top)

*When they ask what is wrong with the provisional/bridge: check margin, check contact, check thickness of connector, check occlusion. Know if there is error, in what way the patient will be harmed.

3. Removable: study the suggested book in the candidate guide (written by McKraken) for RPD, for CD I don't know I think the CD questions are easy and straight forward.
- Know Kennedy classification
- Know occlusal classification
- Know how to design RPD, when to put stress-breaker (read the designing RPD chapter in McKraken's book)
- Know what can go wrong when delivering CD, RPDS and how to fix them
- Know anatomical landmarks on impression and what the purpose of each (for example: why do we have to capture hamular notch, external oblique ridge? etc.)

I think that's it. Good luck

Hi, sorry that you had to take the Pros the third time. I personally think that DentalBuster is not good enough for the Pros section. I hope I can help you with some tips:
- If the patient only has two implants, that system is implant retained and needs tissue supported (aka implant-retained, tissue-support overdenture)
- If the patient has more than 4 (mand) or 6 (max) impalnts, that system is implant supported (implant withstand all the mastication force)
- If anything not normal (bad angle, not enough occlusal space), use custom abutment
- Make sure you can identify pictures of different parts of implants (healing cap, first-stage implant abutment, etc.)
2. Fixed: study from the reference book listed in the candidate guide (Principle of Fixed Pros, as I recall)
You don't need to read the whole book, just read chapters about principle of tooth preparation, and preparation for all ceramic, PFM and cast metal crowns.
- Make sure you can distinguish between preps PFM, ceramic, and cast metal by pictures
- Make sure you know what are the consequences of different clinical errors (open margin will cause -> ?, open contact will cause -> ?, etc.)

* On the exam, when they ask what is wrong with the prep: check margin, check contact, check occlusion then make sure the reduction is correct for respective prep (for example: cast metal prep should have very thin chamfer finish line and you should not see a thick 1mm shoulder from the top)

*When they ask what is wrong with the provisional/bridge: check margin, check contact, check thickness of connector, check occlusion. Know if there is error, in what way the patient will be harmed.

3. Removable: study the suggested book in the candidate guide (written by McKraken) for RPD, for CD I don't know I think the CD questions are easy and straight forward.
- Know how to design RPD, when to put stress-breaker (read the designing RPD chapter in McKraken's book)
- Know anatomical landmarks on impression and what the purpose of each (for example: why do we have to capture hamular notch, external oblique ridge? etc.)

Thanks for the info.
What are the differences in impression material? polyether and polysulfide

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello, thanks for the information!!! I ll take the test soon, and I have a question about implant supported overdenture, if the patient has 2 implants in the lower, and a complete denture in maxillary, we do a overdenture implant retained, and if the patient has upper natural dentition, do we still do and overdenture right, we do not bury the implants to do a complete denture in the lower in any of both cases.

Thanks a lot!!!!

can anyone tell me from where i can get study materials for the prosthetic part of the wreb????? i took the first time but i failed :eek::eek::eek:

Hi Hoak:
I saw your comments and advises about the Prostho exam. Do you have any addotional advise in regards to the implant section? Is there any "specific book or place" where I can read about it? Do you reommend any?
I really would appreciate your help, I am taking my exam for the 2nd time, I am very nervous!!
thank you,
cmag