Wright State c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerOfTheTree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I am starting this thread for all those accepted to the class of 2013. I am excited to be going to Wright State University and would like to get the advice of anyone who has already been admitted there. Can anyone provide insight into the curriculum and the class schedule there? Are classes 8-5, 8-12? How is the environment and the people? I am from Dayton and lived there all my life but don't know much about the medical school. Welcome to all thos that make it in for this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

So I am starting this thread for all those accepted to the class of 2013. I am excited to be going to Wright State University and would like to get the advice of anyone who has already been admitted there. Can anyone provide insight into the curriculum and the class schedule there? Are classes 8-5, 8-12? How is the environment and the people? I am from Dayton and lived there all my life but don't know much about the medical school. Welcome to all thos that make it in for this year.

You've already started a class thread and changed your student status? Come on...

If I am in for this year when should I change my status? I mean technically I am now a med student no since I have been accepted for this upcoming year?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you a doctor before passing your boards... or still a med student?

semantics

when were u notified that u were accepted

i interviewed at wright state three weeks ago but haven't seen a change in my status. has anyone been able to see a change in their status??

I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and have decided to attend WSUBSOM. I am so excited to get in, as this is my second app cycle. Man does it feel good!!! :D:hardy::love::hardy:

So I received a "hold" status to remain on the "Stand by" list. The way the letter is worded, I feel like it means there will be no word until a wait list is created toward the month of May. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any optimistic way of viewing this (except for the simple fact that it isn't a rejection)?

Slightly disheartened, been working toward this for 2 1/2 years now. Argh!

Congratulations to both Seekerofthetree and JRmed41 and best of luck as future physicians.

any OOS get letters yet?

So I received a "hold" status to remain on the "Stand by" list. The way the letter is worded, I feel like it means there will be no word until a wait list is created toward the month of May. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any optimistic way of viewing this (except for the simple fact that it isn't a rejection)?

Slightly disheartened, been working toward this for 2 1/2 years now. Argh!

Congratulations to both Seekerofthetree and JRmed41 and best of luck as future physicians.

Don't worry about being on hold. I heard that the waitlist is divided into 3 sections and most people are called from the first third and the second third of the waitlist. Did you already interview?

Congrats JRmed41, I will see you there. This is going to be a tough path but worth it.

Don't worry about being on hold. I heard that the waitlist is divided into 3 sections and most people are called from the first third and the second third of the waitlist. Did you already interview?

Congrats JRmed41, I will see you there. This is going to be a tough path but worth it.

Yes, interview complete. On my drove home I felt so good about it...
My biggest question is, is this it until May or does the application go under continuous review throughout Oct-May.

I guess I could inquire from admissions but then again...

I can't believe how long it takes for mail to go from Dayton to West Virginia....

I want a decision!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Oct. 8th. Anyone know how often the selection committee meets?

Just wondering when I should start stalking my mailman.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and have decided to attend WSUBSOM. I am so excited to get in, as this is my second app cycle. Man does it feel good!!! :D:hardy::love::hardy:
i received mine yesterday, too! :D

I got the waitlist too and I am BUMMED! I interviewed on the very first day and have been waiting since August 26th.
I asked this specific question at the interview and we will hear NOTHING until we get our rank (top 1/3rd, middle 1/3rd ect) in April and no movement will take place until after May 15th. So sad...

You didnt get it today? I guess it will take even longer for me.

Not necessarily. I gave someone in Ohio a Power of Attorney to register my vehicle and the sticker, registration, and plates got here a week after they were sent. So, take that for what it is worth...

They told me it takes 4-6 weeks after the interview to get a decision and it took exactly 6 weeks so you guys should be fine.

Hey, did acceptances come in a packet, or was it a simple letter?

I want to know so that I don't freak out if it is a smallish envelope.

Just a small envelope. They can call you too sometimes so it varies.

Mine came in a larger 8.5x11 size envelope...

im guessing they mailed them on monday, so im hoping i get it tomorrow

Actually there was no mail on Monday bc of Columbus Day...haha

I applied to this school a couple of months ago as an OOS. No response of any kind. I can't seem to get a hold of any one on phone. Did you receive an email about file completion? Also, are they pretty pro-IS?

I applied to this school a couple of months ago as an OOS. No response of any kind. I can't seem to get a hold of any one on phone. Did you receive an email about file completion? Also, are they pretty pro-IS?

OOS data:

2157 applied, 48 interviewed, 18 were accepted, 8 enrolled

they very highly prefer IS

Here's Wright State's 2007 Admission Data according to US N&WR:

Total:
3237 applied
447 interviewed (13.8% interviewed)
220 accepted (49.2% of interviewees accepted)
100 enrolled

Instate:
1080 applied
399 interviewed (36.9% interviewed)
202 accepted (50.6% of interviewees accepted)
92 enrolled

OOS:
2157 applied
48 interviewed (2.2% interviewed)
18 accepted (37.5% of interviewees accepted)
8 enrolled

Hello,

Wow I've lived in Dayton all my life and can't wait to leave!!! haha how do you do it? Did you grow up in Oakwood or C-ville or something?:laugh:

Does anybody know if Wright State's status page actually works? I received notice on my status page that I had been selected for an interview after I had completed the actual interview. I am just wondering if checking for an update about a decicion being mailed out is just a waste of my time.

I really hope we hear something this week!

Does anybody know if Wright State's status page actually works? I received notice on my status page that I had been selected for an interview after I had completed the actual interview. I am just wondering if checking for an update about a decicion being mailed out is just a waste of my time.

I really hope we hear something this week!

I received my acceptance in the mail at least a week before it was updated online...seems the website is pretty slow to be changed.

Interviewed on 10/8. Still haven't heard anything. Anyone have the skinny on when the next wave of letters are going out?

Interviewed on 10/8. Still haven't heard anything. Anyone have the skinny on when the next wave of letters are going out?

Someone called last week and they said 2-3 weeks. ARGH!

Just wondering how everyone was able to set up their interview. I see on the status page that I was selected for an interview quite some time ago, but no one has called or emailed me. And I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone!! What to do? :confused:

Um, they called everyone else.

Hey tastydollar, The number in the secondary application doesn't connect anywhere. I'd call the office of student affairs and admissions ((937) 775-2934).

Woohoo!!! This one was well worth the wait. :D:D:D

Congrats! I know you interviewed way before me, but hopefully they will call their 10/21 interviewers today too......:oops:

Did they update your status online?

Congrats! I know you interviewed way before me, but hopefully they will call their 10/21 interviewers today too......:oops:

Did they update your status online?

They didn't update the status page (that thing has been near useless). Snail mail large envelope.

Hey everyone,

I got the letter saying I am on the stand-by list and that I won't hear anything until Mid-may :(. Wright State is my first choice and I wrote my adviser but he just told me to write a letter thanking them for considering me, highlighting the things I love about wright state, and hoping that I stay active in their consideration. Otherwise, I'll come off as desperate.

Does anyone know of someone being put on the stand-by list now and hearing before mid-may or perhaps being taken from the list once mid-may comes?

My 2 interviews went really well so I know it's just my statistics: 27 mcat (29 if you look at the highest), 3.53 GPA from a top 15 school. I'm an in-state resident and have some interesting EC's: study abroad, grant abroad to teach English, trilingual, medical interpreter in hospitals and clinics, student council exec and class vp throughout college, shadowing, worked part time during college, working full time now, summer RA and tutored throughout college.

I really loved the school and was hoping to be accepted and am totally bummed, but I also understand how competitive it is. I want to write a 3 page letter telling them why I love their school and why I would fit in so much but my adviser says that will come off as desperate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, all accepted: that's so awesome! I have a really good friend there I can put you in contact with if you have questions. I hope I can join you in the fall!!

TengoGanas, I interviewed on 10/14 got the same letter in the mail yesterday. I am also on the stand-by list and won't hear anything until May.

oh well, congrats to those who got in!

Last edited:
Argh why have I not heard anything?!

I'm going to write a letter telling them that they are my first choice and that I'm really happy they are still considering me. Perhaps just showing my enthusiasm and passion for the school will help out later.

Does anyone have other friends who got off the waitlist there and their stories?