Write MCAT tomorrow or void and re-take in 2 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Derpz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
URM from a top 5, veteran, 3.9+ c&s-GPA + extensive unique EC's & research related to veterans care/issues

I'm applying this cycle and have my primary submitted. Plan has been to pre-write 2ndaries in the 4 week window after the MCAT and be complete as soon as my scores hit at many places.

My problem is due to life complications my MCAT prep has been a disaster...I've pushed hard the past 2 weeks and after 4 practice tests in the past week my scores have been from a 28 (9/10/9) all the way to a 40 (13-15-12). The 28 came after the 40...

It's clear I have some holes in my knowledge still and I don't have a good sense of what to expect score wise...given that I'm already late in the cycle will it really hurt me that much more if I delay 12 days. I feel like the test prep is coming together nicely and that I can solidify a 33+ score with a few more practice tests/problems.

Worth rolling the dice tomorrow (8/15) or playing it safer and voiding then sitting on 8/27

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's too late but -- wait and take it 8/27. With your other stats the difference between a 28 and a 40 is the $250-300k in tuition you'll have paid for you if you get a 40. You're already late at UChicago for applying but some of the other schools: WashU, Penn, Vanderbilt will be recruiting you like crazy if you end up at 38+.

I know it's too late but -- wait and take it 8/27. With your other stats the difference between a 28 and a 40 is the $250-300k in tuition you'll have paid for you if you get a 40. You're already late at UChicago for applying but some of the other schools: WashU, Penn, Vanderbilt will be recruiting you like crazy if you end up at 38+.

I agree on all except UChicago. Some of the URMs in my class didn't get complete at UC until like late September early October.

thanks for the responses...I ended up voiding. Sitting for 9/4. I feel like the added time is worth it at this point since I'm not early anyways...esp if I can get 36+. Have I really crippled myself at this point at some schools or should I be OK given my EC's and URM status?