Written Boards Review Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

namethatsmell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are people using these days as a review book for the written boards?

Ideally I'd like something relatively current/published within the last 1-2 years.

I've heard good things about the AAEM book but it was published in 2008 and I'm concerned it's a bit dated.

Looking around the web it seems that the Rivers book and the book from the InTrainingPrep guys have been published more recently. Anybody have any experience with either of them?

Anything else I should consider?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in a "new" book, too, simply because I like the concept of review books and then building out the framework of knowledge from there.

I also love Q-banks. I want PEER9 to come out yesterday. Lolz.

Nerrrd.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people using these days as a review book for the written boards?

Ideally I'd like something relatively current/published within the last 1-2 years.

I've heard good things about the AAEM book but it was published in 2008 and I'm concerned it's a bit dated.

Looking around the web it seems that the Rivers book and the book from the InTrainingPrep guys have been published more recently. Anybody have any experience with either of them?

Anything else I should consider?

http://www.ceme.org

I did this course and used their materials, and they were good, for the recert. I put a serious hurtin on that test, too. Nailed it, no problemo. Not bragging, it was just very easy with all the prep I did, even though I was worried going in since hadn't worked ED shifts in a long time prior.

http://www.ceme.org

I did this course and used their materials, and they were good, for the recert. I put a serious hurtin on that test, too. Nailed it, no problemo. Not bragging, it was just very easy with all the prep I did, even though I was worried going in since hadn't worked ED shifts in a long time prior.

That seems like a great course, though it may be a bit much for me right now (I'm a 2nd yr resident).

How is their course manual? Do you think it would be helpful as a stand-alone review or is it pretty bare bones and more meant to be used in tandem with the videos? I ask because it looks like it can be purchased on its own.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

That seems like a great course, though it may be a bit much for me right now (I'm a 2nd yr resident).

How is their course manual? Do you think it would be helpful as a stand-alone review or is it pretty bare bones and more meant to be used in tandem with the videos? I ask because it looks like it can be purchased on its own.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.
The manual is good. Would be good stand alone also, I think.

Salutations from one to another.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was mocking myself for doing things like Q-banks in my free time.

For extra cash, I actually wrote Q-bank questions for one of the STEP-1 board review folks (can't say which) when I was an MS3-4.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was mocking myself for doing things like Q-banks in my free time.

For extra cash, I actually wrote Q-bank questions for one of the STEP-1 board review folks (can't say which) when I was an MS3-4.

No worries at all I think my post must have come across wrong. I was just trying to say " 'sup " as a fellow nerd. "Salutations" seemed as nerdy a word I could think of.

Hey all,

I wanted to let y'all know of a new book that's just been published:

Amazon product

Last edited: