wRVU Build Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TweetyPie

`
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is directed towards Attendings, ideally any new Neurosurgery Attendings in their first year.

I recently signed a hospital-employed contract with base and RVU production. By the end of contract negotiations I reached a conclusion that no matter how much information is obtained, there will always be the margin of the unknown prior to start date i.e. group culture etc.

Current MGMA (which we negotiated from) NSx numbers are: 25th%tile: 8,099; Median:12,101; 75th%tile: 15,479; and 90th%tile: 18,961 wRVUs for my region. I found out that one doc is pulling 12k wRVUs/year, and another, 20k/yr (the superstar). I don't know what kind of hours these guys are putting in. I'll hit base at ~6000 wRVUs.

Being that I will be finishing a cerebro/endo fellowship I'll be doing all of their vascular, but we also have a another competing group.

Particularly, for personal budget purposes, I am trying to estimate the build-up of my wRVUs, say...month one, quarterly, six months... The general answer I usually get is, "well, if you work hard..."

My question is, in consideration of the intangibles, would your opinion be that it would be unlikely that I'll hit say, 7500 wRVUs in 3 months, 8000-9000 in 6 months?

Members don't see this ad.