wRVU = $?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share the monetary value of a Pathology wRVU? I was quoted a monetary value and would like to compare mine with others. PM if that is more "appropriate"

Members don't see this ad.

anybody? LADOC, you have anything to offer?

I'm tempted to create my own thread with a question in it's title:

"How many question threads can musom start?"

50cent.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Your question is unanswered. RVUs or relative value units are a fabricated method to compare difference CPT workloads by different physician types. There are many variables to consider including workplace RVUs and malpractice RVUs to come up with answer.

And there are MASSIVE geographic differences in the bonus structure for RVUs beyond the base.

If I just threw out a number using the most common path code: 0.75RVU=1x88305, 1x88305=40 bucks roughly, I would guess 1 RVU = 53 bucks but no clue if that is correct.

thanks LADOC ---

That's nearly the exact $ value that was quoted to me. 1 wRVU=$52. It's in the ballpark for me, I'd like to squeeze them for $55/RVU....we will see.

I guess good luck without knowing more. 3 bucks more is like $15000 extra a year with average volumes so I guess that matters.

Yea, there is about 7200 (conservatively) available RVUs for 2016. $22k/anum makes a helluva Porsche 911 turbo payment.

Yea, there is about 7200 (conservatively) available RVUs for 2016. $22k/anum makes a helluva Porsche 911 turbo payment.

As a previous owner of one, that it does..that it does. Good luck and I hope you get one. My recommendation for color: Midnight Blue, now called Dark Metallic Blue I think. Batman.

Always
be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then be Batman.

As a previous owner of one, that it does..that it does. Good luck and I hope you get one. My recommendation for color: Midnight Blue, now called Dark Metallic Blue I think. Batman.

Always
be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then be Batman.

As a former owner of a 911s in Midnight Blue, I can second that recommendation (Why do I say "former"? Because, after putting 150,000 miles on it, I blew it up on Lake Shore Drive two years ago. Still miss that car.).