WSU/USU c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes yes yes I AM on the brink of iNsAnItY!!!!!! since I go to a small undergrad (super close with the entire science dept and all it's students) and I'm the only pre-vet senior (all the rest are freshman)...everyone asks me everyday "have you heard yet?????" Lol it just is a constant reminder that I haven't checked my email in the past 5 min....i cant focus on anything else if I tried!!! Lol!! Ahhhhh!!! :eek:
Oh, I get that all the time too from friends, family, coworkers, and people I volunteer with during the weekends. The anxiety of not knowing is only worse with every question. Insanity here I come (more than I already am)!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes yes yes I AM on the brink of iNsAnItY!!!!!! since I go to a small undergrad (super close with the entire science dept and all it's students) and I'm the only pre-vet senior (all the rest are freshman)...everyone asks me everyday "have you heard yet?????" Lol it just is a constant reminder that I haven't checked my email in the past 5 min....i cant focus on anything else if I tried!!! Lol!! Ahhhhh!!! :eek:
Oh my gosh I'm in the same situation with my undergrad!! There are only like 10 pre-vets here and only one other applying this round. My advisor/ mentor asked me yesterday and I unleashed my insecure babble on him and I think he regretted asking lol!! I just wish I knew if the letters were sent yet. Seems like last year some got emails first and others didn't.

Reactions: 1 user
I should t
Omg. I actually want snow days. We never get them because apparently we're too used to snow. It would give me a chance to catch up on things I need to get done...and prepare for my Minnesota interview on Friday.
WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD YET?? :p
It sucks because I live at school, and if they send my acceptance/rejection via snailmail, then I won't get it until I go home in 2 weeks...
I should try to be productive on my day off lol! Sorry that you don't have access to your mailbox! Hopefully they will send yours through email!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay guys!! I cracked and called Barbara just now. My mailman passed away and our mail has been a mess so I wanted to confirm with her whether or not I would get email first. This is how the short convo went:
Barbara: "what state are you a resident of?"
Me: "Kansas"
Barbara: "okay those went out through hard mail"
Take this however you wish. All I know is it apparently depends on what state you are from whether or not you get email first. And apparently it also determines when they are sent out I guess? Either way, now my mailman stalking game is up by 100% and no more obsessive email checking for this kid.

Okay guys!! I cracked and called Barbara just now. My mailman passed away and our mail has been a mess so I wanted to confirm with her whether or not I would get email first. This is how the short convo went:
Barbara: "what state are you a resident of?"
Me: "Kansas"
Barbara: "okay those went out through hard mail"
Take this however you wish. All I know is it apparently depends on what state you are from whether or not you get email first. And apparently it also determines when they are sent out I guess? Either way, now my mailman stalking game is up by 100% and no more obsessive email checking for this kid.

Oh man. I hope it's not in order of state!!! That means I have forever to wait.

Oh man. I hope it's not in order of state!!! That means I have forever to wait.
I have a feeling it might not be. She didn't even have to look up anything after I told her Kansas. So I feel like there might be large pools of states that go out at the same time or maybe just a few who get email instead, of mail. Idk. I'm psyched though! ...and a bit scared..

I have a feeling it might not be. She didn't even have to look up anything after I told her Kansas. So I feel like there might be large pools of states that go out at the same time or maybe just a few who get email instead, of mail. Idk. I'm psyched though! ...and a bit scared..

Ok good. :D I'm really nervous too. Ahhhh.

Gahhh I'm in Cali! No emails yet...so I'm assuming snail mail...unless they just haven't let Cali pool know yet! I'm gonna go camp out by mailbox now....

Gahhh I'm in Cali! No emails yet...so I'm assuming snail mail...unless they just haven't let Cali pool know yet! I'm gonna go camp out by mailbox now....

I'm in California. Found out by email on Friday last week.

I'm so intrigued by their process! It seems so hectic. Lol! I would think it would simply be letters sent out to respective programs at the same time (WICHE, USU, Montana, IS, all other OOS) in their own mail pools. And I definitely don't understand the some people getting email thing!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got in!! (WA resident, just updated on the portal and Barbara confirmed over the phone). SoooooOOOooOOOoooo happy!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got in!! (WA resident, just updated on the portal and Barbara confirmed over the phone). SoooooOOOooOOOoooo happy!!
CONGRATS!!! Omg that is wonderful!! I'm so checking my portal right now... Did it just say Accepted?

Congrats!! That's so awesome!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Crap!! Mine says placed on alternate list on my portal...

Anyone (possibly current students) know how much of that list they usually make it through?

DAMNIT!!!! Alternate. :(
that makes 2 waitlists and no acceptances. Still waiting on UPenn but def not hopeful now.

Anyone (possibly current students) know how much of that list they usually make it through?

Oh man...I can't make myself check. I have to know from reading an email or letter myself. I'm strange like that. I would get really upset if my mom opened it and told me or something like that.

Hopefully you eventually get an offer. At least you got alternate. :/

DAMNIT!!!! Alternate. :(
that makes 2 waitlists and no acceptances. Still waiting on UPenn but def not hopeful now.
I'm on 1 wait list and waiting to hear from Purdue but not hopeful about that one... Ugh. Anyone know the time frame for hearing back from admissions?

Portal says offered admission!!!!!!!!!! Wahooo!!! IS applicant :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those on here who got accepted, how many times did you apply?

Nice work!! I wish that was me right now! Looks like I'll be working on my second application this summer.
Thanks! I think most things like this happen for a reason....maybe you will have some amazing experiences in your next year :)

What is the portal you all have been finding this info on? The only portal I know of is the VMCAS one and mine doesn't say anything about acceptance to any of the schools I've applied. Dying to know what my status is since WSU is my first pick.

What is the portal you all have been finding this info on? The only portal I know of is the VMCAS one and mine doesn't say anything about acceptance to any of the schools I've applied. Dying to know what my status is since WSU is my first pick.
It is the portal for the WSU supplemental application

The supplemental app portal.

Thanks! I think most things like this happen for a reason....maybe you will have some amazing experiences in your next year :)
Thanks for the kind words. If I don't get pulled from the alternate list (hopeful but I think chances are slim) then I hope I can accomplish whatever it is that these schools want to see!

This was my first time, but I'm definitely a non-trad applicant. I'll post my *~statz~* in a sec.

I'm on 1 wait list and waiting to hear from Purdue but not hopeful about that one... Ugh. Anyone know the time frame for hearing back from admissions?
We're in same boat. First year applying for me...I'm non trad, very exp heavy. I was really hopeful about WSU, my interview went soooo well. I was really expecting to be accepted and be excited like the others right now....instead I'm crushed. We now have to just wait til April. I hate waiting.

We're in same boat. First year applying for me...I'm non trad, very exp heavy. I was really hopeful about WSU, my interview went soooo well. I was really expecting to be accepted and be excited like the others right now....instead I'm crushed. We now have to just wait til April. I hate waiting.
So sorry. I hate it :/ I was also hopeful about WSU. My interview went sooooo well. I'm actually a bit more academic heavy and need more experience. I also expected to be jumping with joy. I'm now losing hope. I have no idea how many alternates there are or how many they will go through but it just seems like a slim chance. My advisor got me pumped up and also thought I'd be accepted to multiple schools, but have not had one acceptance yet... Makes me really scared for next year.. Just not looking forward to (and was not expecting to) going through all of this again

Sorry to hear that, but don't get discouraged! Find something to occupy your energy until you hear the final word.

The alternate list is definitely not a bad thing! Try to keep up hope, guys. Honestly, this whole process is such a crap shoot. I know it's hard, but try not to take the decision personally.

The alternate list is definitely not a bad thing! Try to keep up hope, guys. Honestly, this whole process is such a crap shoot. I know it's hard, but try not to take the decision personally.
I definitely still feel honored that I was picked for an interview but it just kinda sucks being so close. I hope that they go through quite a bit of the alternate list. You are right though. I'm starting to agree that this process is sort if a crap shoot.

Three. The first year it was early, I BARELY had the pre reqs covered, wasn't going to graduate yet and didn't even get an interview. The second year I had a bunch of interviews and was waitlisted all over the place. Never got called. Last year I refined my process, narrowed down schoosl. Had interviews, accepted here, waitlisted at MN. Got called off the wailist at MN but still chose here. I had really good stats, thousand and thousands of hours of varied experience and thought I would crush interviews since I am such a people person.

Don't try to make sense of the process. It's like trying to find the answer to a math problem when we don't even have the equation. I think that (at least especially at WSU) each student fills a niche. And the makeup of each class is different from year to year so those niches change. Don't give up.

I definitely still feel honored that I was picked for an interview but it just kinda sucks being so close. I hope that they go through quite a bit of the alternate list. You are right though. I'm starting to agree that this process is sort if a crap shoot.
Oh, and WSU doesn't rank their alternates. When a spot opens, they go through their options and find who they think best fills the spot. :xf: for you.

Three. The first year it was early, I BARELY had the pre reqs covered, wasn't going to graduate yet and didn't even get an interview. The second year I had a bunch of interviews and was waitlisted all over the place. Never got called. Last year I refined my process, narrowed down schoosl. Had interviews, accepted here, waitlisted at MN. Got called off the wailist at MN but still chose here. I had really good stats, thousand and thousands of hours of varied experience and thought I would crush interviews since I am such a people person.

Don't try to make sense of the process. It's like trying to find the answer to a math problem when we don't even have the equation. I think that (at least especially at WSU) each student fills a niche. And the makeup of each class is different from year to year so those niches change. Don't give up.
Thanks for the insight. You are very persistent!! I am hoping that I'll be able to refine the process as well if I'm not called off of the alternate list this year. I feel like I should just get experience in everything that I possibly can (probably should add some research to my schedule). I'm happy for you that you finally achieved your goal of getting in! Very inspiring. It's hard when you were not expecting things to be this crazy with the process!! I knew it would be competitive but never thought if would be like this at all!!

Oh, and WSU doesn't rank their alternates. When a spot opens, they go through their options and find who they think best fills the spot. :xf: for you.
Oh gosh! Maybe my application twin will decide to go to a different school XD lol! So I'm guessing that the last day we know is around April 15, day of offer acceptance? That is a very different process!

Hi c/o 2018 classmate! Congratulations! See you in Pullman come August for COLE! Look forward to meeting you!!

Thanks for the insight. You are very persistent!! I am hoping that I'll be able to refine the process as well if I'm not called off of the alternate list this year. I feel like I should just get experience in everything that I possibly can (probably should add some research to my schedule). I'm happy for you that you finally achieved your goal of getting in! Very inspiring. It's hard when you were not expecting things to be this crazy with the process!! I knew it would be competitive but never thought if would be like this at all!!
Yeah it was a bit of an eye opener for me. Not that first year. That was more of a "why not" shot. But the first year I really tried? Yeah. I was surprised. I rewrote my PS. Went a different route with it. Reworked how I put in my hours. Made sure that things I did that counted as leadership, like training new technicians etc, were put on there as leadership. And if you need to reapply, get a file review. Dr. Talcott is AWESOME and will tell you where to work on your app. I also worked with friends that HAD gotten in, on my app and PS, and I practiced my interviews.

Oh gosh! Maybe my application twin will decide to go to a different school XD lol! So I'm guessing that the last day we know is around April 15, day of offer acceptance? That is a very different process!
No you will hear the most the week to two weeks after that. Some students wait until the last day to accept offers.

Hollista and Mysterymare....so sorry that you didn't get the acceptances that you were hoping for. In being granted a spot on the waitlist, there's still a chance you could still be admitted. Keep the flame of hope alive. I very much hope to see you in August for COLE and orientation. I look forward to seeing you here on SDN, and hopefully Pullman this summer. Best of success!!

Hollista and Mysterymare....so sorry that you didn't get the acceptances that you were hoping for. In being granted a spot on the waitlist, there's still a chance you could still be admitted. Keep the flame of hope alive. I very much hope to see you in August for COLE and orientation. I look forward to seeing you here on SDN, and hopefully Pullman this summer. Best of success!!
It's looking like I'll be one of your COLE mentors. :p

Waistlisted :( This is the second year in a row for me and I felt this was my best interview out of the bunch so far. Does not bode well for my others.

Yeah it was a bit of an eye opener for me. Not that first year. That was more of a "why not" shot. But the first year I really tried? Yeah. I was surprised. I rewrote my PS. Went a different route with it. Reworked how I put in my hours. Made sure that things I did that counted as leadership, like training new technicians etc, were put on there as leadership. And if you need to reapply, get a file review. Dr. Talcott is AWESOME and will tell you where to work on your app. I also worked with friends that HAD gotten in, on my app and PS, and I practiced my interviews.
Yeah I definitely plan to ask each school for an application review so I can know exactly where they would like to see improvement. I was wondering whether or not I should rewrite my PS since it caught the attention of 3 of the schools this time around. Now I just need to find some successful applicant friends to chat with lol! I am definitely ready to go get a second job at a vet clinic if I don't get in and do tons of shadowing, research, and random volunteering etc. I honestly think I lost some points for "veterinary experience" because I made a late-ish decision on vet school (I didn't think it was possible for me because of my allergies but found out otherwise later on!) so I really only had ~200 hrs (though I have tons of animal experience!).
Wow we do have quite a while to wait huh..