WVSOM - miss out on group interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennyS211

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help!! I have an interview at WVSOM on Dec 6th. It is a group interview and as I understand it, it is very laid back and you find out if you are accepted almost immediately. I called to reschedule because I do not want to get stuck paying a $2000 deposit if I get accepted elsewhere at a later time. However, they do not have any other group interviews available. It would have to be a one-on-one interview. I have 3 other interviews: LECOM-Erie Dec 16th (1st choice), DMU Jan. 12 (2nd choice) and LECOM-Bradenton Jan 6th.

The woman at WVSOM said that those who are offered group interviews have VERY high chances of getting accepted. Should I take my chances and reschedule and miss out on group interview or keep it and have a chance of "donating" $2000 to WVSOM? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

take your chance...considering its not even in your top 2 choices..do the one-on-one...hopefully u'll ge into LECOM..although from what i have been reading..they sometimes let their students wait a bit before letting them know of their status post-interview.

JennyS211 said:
Help!! I have an interview at WVSOM on Dec 6th. It is a group interview and as I understand it, it is very laid back and you find out if you are accepted almost immediately. I called to reschedule because I do not want to get stuck paying a $2000 deposit if I get accepted elsewhere at a later time. However, they do not have any other group interviews available. It would have to be a one-on-one interview. I have 3 other interviews: LECOM-Erie Dec 16th (1st choice), DMU Jan. 12 (2nd choice) and LECOM-Bradenton Jan 6th.

The woman at WVSOM said that those who are offered group interviews have VERY high chances of getting accepted. Should I take my chances and reschedule and miss out on group interview or keep it and have a chance of "donating" $2000 to WVSOM? :confused:

take the interview, WVSOM is the best.

are you serious about attending WV if you are eventually accepted? if you are, then pay the deposit to ensure that you have seat somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input!! I think I will hold off on the WVSOM interview - especially since it is during my final exams. I hope its the right decision! :)

How do you know if you have a group or indiviudal interview. I just received an email with my interview date but no words saying if it's group or not?

lseo said:
How do you know if you have a group or indiviudal interview. I just received an email with my interview date but no words saying if it's group or not?

It said specifically in my interveiw invite that it would be a group interview.