WVSOM vs BCOM vs CUSOM vs LECOM-Erie???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulDOgrl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All! I am trying to decide between the above schools and would appreciate any advice.

Based on my interview experiences, I really felt comfortable at CUSOM and WVSOM. BCOM sounds like it has a lot of potential and I had a great interview experience, but it is a new school. Erie has good board scores, but it didn't have the same feel as the other schools.

Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

I liked wvsom specifically their campus and it is an established school.

Members don't see this ad :)
CUSOM or LECOM-E for sure.. WVSOM has a really high OOS tuition, and BCOM is too new. I interviwed at both CUSOM and LECOM E and got accepted both places, you cant beat the tuition at LECOM, and CUSOM has a wonderful staff, and I felt very comfortable there

CUSOM or LECOM-E for sure.. WVSOM has a really high OOS tuition, and BCOM is too new. I interviwed at both CUSOM and LECOM E and got accepted both places, you cant beat the tuition at LECOM, and CUSOM has a wonderful staff, and I felt very comfortable there
Wvsom is only 4000 dollars more than your average DO school.

Reactions: 1 user

WVSOM is 50.2k, CUSOM 42.5K, LECOM B 32.5k, still makes a huge difference over 4 years and interest.... Almost 50-70k. I am not against WVSOM, or anything, I really loved the mission of the school, I even received an interview, but it was too late for them on their part, I have already 5 acceptances, and to me it wasnt worth it because it was the most expensive school on my list, so I withdrew for that sole reason.

Congrats!!!:) For me it would be between CUSOM and LECOM and I'd prob go with CUSOM! I loved CUSOM but got rejected post interview:(

WVSOM is 50.2k, CUSOM 42.5K, LECOM B 32.5k, still makes a huge difference over 4 years and interest.... Almost 50-70k. I am not against WVSOM, or anything, I really loved the mission of the school, I even received an interview, but it was too late for them on their part, I have already 5 acceptances, and to me it wasnt worth it because it was the most expensive school on my list, so I withdrew for that sole reason.

Though you are right about the tuition for the schools, you are wrong about WVSOM being the most expensive. If you do your research, WVSOM is NOT the most expensive and is relatively the same as its competitors because their average scholarship. I would remove BCOM because it would be the most expensive. I would ONLY choose BCOM because they have dance clubs in El Paso, which is 45 minutes away.
medd.png

I hope you didnt take off WVSOM off your list because you were misinformed. But its okay, you are sitting on 5 acceptances. Congrats.

Though you are right about the tuition for the schools, you are wrong about WVSOM being the most expensive. If you do your research, WVSOM is NOT the most expensive and is relatively the same as its competitors because their average scholarship. I would remove BCOM because it would be the most expensive. I would ONLY choose BCOM because they have dance clubs in El Paso, which is 45 minutes away.
View attachment 198031

I hope you didnt take off WVSOM off your list because you were misinformed. But its okay, you are sitting on 5 acceptances. Congrats.

Thanks for the information, but I just didnt feel like WVSOM was worth it, I was done interviewing, and didnt feel like it it was worth to pay more money to check it out, especially considering it was more expensive then most of the schools I got accepted to (LECOM-B also had a better location). Again I am not bashing WVSOM, I applied and was very interested, but I didnt hear anything after 3 months, and by then I was too done with the process, and was content!

View attachment 198031

I am curious what those scholarships are for in WVSOM? Are they mostly for those interested in primary care? Or are they for those perviously living or born in the region?

Thanks for the information, but I just didnt feel like WVSOM was worth it, I was done interviewing, and didnt feel like it it was worth to pay more money to check it out, especially considering it was more expensive then most of the schools I got accepted to (LECOM-B also had a better location). Again I am not bashing WVSOM, I applied and was very interested, but I didnt hear anything after 3 months, and by then I was too done with the process, and was content!

Fair enough. I would buy you a drink if I could ;)

I am curious what those scholarships are for in WVSOM? Are they mostly for those interested in primary care? Or are they for those previously living or born in the region?

That would be a good question to ask during an interview.