WVU Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srx128

ACCEPTED
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewing here? I have an interview tomorrow. Also, anyone have any advice about the interview process at WVU? I checked out interview feedback and there wasn't much there. Just curious....Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I honestly can't offer help to anyone that wants to go to Pitt over WVU.

...that and I interviewed like 8 years ago, so I barely remember it, anyway.

Do they still make you pick a topic out of a hat and write an essay about it on the spot? They let me read some of those one year and it amazed me how stupid some people interviewing for spots were.

One dude answered the question, "What is your favorite book and why?" with an essay about Stephen King's Pet Cemetery. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
srx128, I think we interviewed at the same time. I'm stressing out over PharmCAS! I had my transcripts sent for the update that same day & it's still saying they haven't been received. I doubt they'll make any decisions until they have our fall grades, but I'm getting really impatient! Lol.

srx128, I think we interviewed at the same time. I'm stressing out over PharmCAS! I had my transcripts sent for the update that same day & it's still saying they haven't been received. I doubt they'll make any decisions until they have our fall grades, but I'm getting really impatient! Lol.

Possibly, there were 2 other girls there when I interviewed. I was the only one without a wv accent lol.
I actually am having the same issue with the academic update! I sent for my transcripts before christmas break and I know they've been sent because my check to my undergrad school was cashed 3 weeks ago. (6 bucks a pop for official transcripts, what a joke). Anyway, pharmcas is still saying they haven't received them. Go fig. And I got an email from wvu urging me to do the academic update soon so they can make their decision. I may have to call pharmcas or send my transcript yet again. Pharmcas=:thumbdown:

Haha yes that sounds about right. We def went on the tour together. I'm about to murder the people at PharmCAS. I've called twice this week & they have been no help at all. The first guy I talked to said to call if they weren't up by Monday & they would expedite them but I'm not exactly sure what that entails. This is just ridiculous.

Awesome! I remember you. Off-topic but weren't you applying to Charleston as well? Any good news from them?
Back to Pharmcas...I checked back on my app and now it says they received the transcripts on wed but have yet to recalculate the gpa. So irritating. I guess we'll just have to keep harassing them to get their job done lol

Yep, I already got accepted at UC. I had my interview last Saturday & got the e-mail on Tuesday, lol. So I'm a little less stressed than I was. I see from your signature thing that you've already been accepted a bunch of places too. That's awesome. And about the PharmCAS, that's good that your transcripts are up at least. I really don't see why it's so hard to scan a paper in & calculate a GPA. I could probably do that in like 5 minutes. It's so stupid.

Wow, that was quick haha. Congrats. Did you apply anywhere else?
I think pharmcas could do without the whole academic update deal. I mean if a school needs our updated grades, it would be a whole lot quicker to just send them to that school. They need a copy of the final transcript anyway. And most schools make their decisions before the fall semester is even over so...yeah big waste of time imo. Hopefully by tomorrow both our academic updates will be complete:xf:

Hi, I think I applied pretty late in the game so I don't know if I even have a chance for an interview here. Congrats to those who have received interview invites or have been accepted. Would you mind all sharing your stats please? Also, for those who have already interviewed, how did it go and what did you think of it (setup, atmosphere, questions, etc)?

Hi, I think I applied pretty late in the game so I don't know if I even have a chance for an interview here. Congrats to those who have received interview invites or have been accepted. Would you mind all sharing your stats please? Also, for those who have already interviewed, how did it go and what did you think of it (setup, atmosphere, questions, etc)?

Well, as far as if your competitive or not, I would check out the pharmcas school page. They usually list the average stats of the class accepted last year. If you are close to that range, you probably have a good chance. Also, I don't believe that they have rolling admissions so applying later doesn't put you at a disadvantage. According to pharmcas, interviews are conducted up through march so there's still plenty of time left. Also, if you're in-state, you've got an even better chance.
As for the interview itself, you get to chat with some P1 students then go do your interview with 2 faculty members and then go on a tour with the P1's. I rather enjoyed myself there:thumbup:
Good luck! Let us know if you get any good news

Nahh, I just applied at WVU & UC. And I agree. PharmCAS obviously isn't very efficient.

I think last year's averages were a 3.65 & 61 on the PCAT. The way it works is if you have a 3.1 & all of the pre-reqs you get a supplemental. Then if they think you're competitive they invite you to interview. I'm not really sure how long it normally takes between the two because I got my supplemental & interview invite on the same day. But I think that was because they were trying to hurry and schedule interviews because mine was on the first day of interviews. I go to WVU for undergrad & the program coordinator said you normally get an interview invite if you have a 3.2. Also, the interview isn't that bad. I was kind of freaking out because it was my first one, but it calms you down to talk to the pharm students & the other people interviewing! Everybody is really nice. Hope that helps!

Well congrats again on Charleston and def update me if you hear anything from WVU. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I definitely will. It finally says that my transcripts are up on PharmCAS, haha. Hopefully they'll hurry up my with GPA now! Lol.

Has your transcript for academic update been received by PharmCAS yet? I submitted an academic update and my transcript a few days before Christmas. PharmCAS is saying they haven't received it yet. I'm not sure what's going on.

Yea, it took forever though. I sent it on the 6th of January and they said they received it on the 28th.

I think my interview at WVU went well but I am kinda stressing about getting accepted. Has anyone who applied been accepted yet?

I just got my acceptance email this afternoon! :)

Congrats!!! I was accepted as well. Now if only Pitt would get back to me, I could make my decision:D

Yay! Where are you leaning towards?

Well if I get into Pitt then I'll definitly be going there. I'll be able to commute from home. I have a deposit down at Lecom but I've been having second thoughts about going there. I really liked WVU and it's close to home for me. The only drawback is the OOS tuition is like 31,000 a year:eek: plus I have to factor in the cost of living in an apartment, food, gas, etc. Makes me wish I was a WV resident:cool:

Well if I get into Pitt then I'll definitly be going there. I'll be able to commute from home. I have a deposit down at Lecom but I've been having second thoughts about going there. I really liked WVU and it's close to home for me. The only drawback is the OOS tuition is like 31,000 a year:eek: plus I have to factor in the cost of living in an apartment, food, gas, etc. Makes me wish I was a WV resident:cool:
Hey srx128 I'm in the same predicament as you. I have also accepted to WVU yesterday but I'm also waiting for Pitt. When did you interview at Pitt?

@dreamshappen
I interviewed at Pitt on 2/2. I'm hoping I hear back in the next 2-3 weeks. The suspense is killing me!

Yea that's tough! I don't blame you for not wanting to pay that much. You're actually closer to Morgantown than my hometown & I'm from WV! Lol.

hey @srx128. Do you think WVU will offer scholarships. Cause that tuition is crazy! How did you Pitt interview go? I really hope I get in there cause that's saving 10K a year.

hey @srx128. Do you think WVU will offer scholarships. Cause that tuition is crazy! How did you Pitt interview go? I really hope I get in there cause that's saving 10K a year.

Idk about scholarships. Seems like they are hard to come by at most pharm. schools but definitely something I will look into if I decide to attend. My interview at pitt went really well in my opinion but it's hard to know for sure. I really am getting anxious because it's been 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything.

Idk about scholarships. Seems like they are hard to come by at most pharm. schools but definitely something I will look into if I decide to attend. My interview at pitt went really well in my opinion but it's hard to know for sure. I really am getting anxious because it's been 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything.
I totally understand about the whole waiting. I am so anxious its not even funny. I just want to know. On pharmcas it has a range of 3/15-4/15 so I dont know how that works. So is it definetly WVU if not pitt or are you thinking of something else?

So who is actually going to attend WVU in the fall? I am freaking out about costs :eek: I think I might be searching for a roommate....