WW 101 - SDN Farm - Beginner's WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to WW 101- WW for Beginners. This WW game will be entltled SDN Farm.

The Setting: You are all farm animals on an idyllic farm. Some of you are food animals (sorry), some of you are pack animals, some of you are just annoying, but all of you function together peacefully at the farm. The only bad days on the farm are when the mean old veterinarian comes and sticks you with needles. But that is all about to change. Yesterday, for the first time, violence has arrived at the farm. The friendly unicorm who has been pooping rainbows for years is found gruesomely murdered. You are all in shock. Who could have done this? After much consultation (and a full necropsy by your local veterinary pathologist) you realize that there are murderers in your midst. Your job is to survive and rid the farm of the evil that has come, unless you are the evil, in which case your job is to rid the farm of animals! (FWIW, the backstory in many games can be more elaborate than this…they are usually themed)

The Basics: The game is divided into days. Each day is divided into a day and a night. During the day is when the animals decide who they should "lynch" for that day. You are trying to figure out who the wolves are (hence the name of the game WW=werewolf... by day they act like villagers, but by night they kill). Each of you will cast a vote during the day sessions to lynch someone (except Day 1 when you will instead elect someone to be the leader of the farm). When you cast a vote please put your vote in BOLD, for example, lynch nutmeg. If you cannot use bold, put your vote in asterisks... ****lynch nutmeg**** You can change your vote from one person to another at anytime before the lynch is closed by writing unlynch nutmeg, lynch JDH71. Whoever has the most votes against them will then be lynched. They will die (usually) and are removed from the game.

We then move to the night cycle. This is when the wolves pick who they are going to kill. Also, many villagers have roles that allow them to do things to help the villagers out. Please reply to your conversation (or make a new one ) to both moderators, startingovervet and devyn with your night actions if you have any.

There will be a writeup after each day session explaining what happened in the lynch and the role of the perons lynched, and also a writeup after the night session similarly. Sometimes these writeups can give you hints, and sometimes they are just for fun, and sometimes they are designed to mislead you. In this game, they will probably be pretty straight forward, but no guarantees.

The RULES.
Rules must be followed. Generally if you don't follow them, you can be "mod killed" and removed from the game. Usually that doesn't need to happen. In this game, depending on the infraction, I will tend to be a little tolerant at first, unless I feel the infraction was deliberate (I am not usually known to be so kind).

Rule #1: Don't cheat. There are times (maybe not in this game) where you can circumvent the rules. Just don't. This is all on the honor system and we don't really have problems about this. Don't start.

Rule #2: The dead are not allowed to strategize. Once you are killed you are no longer playing the game. We do allow you to continue to "troll" the thread and lament your death or add fun comments, but they cannot in any way reflect any analysis of what is happening, has happened, or will happened, affect game play, hint of any knowledge you have etc. When the dead are posting they must all always surround their posts with ************* so everyone recognizes it as a dead (or non-participating player), like this:
I am dead

Rule #3: Participate. By signing up for this game you have made a binding legal contract enforced by karma to participate fully. If you don't it is less fun for everyone. We have a rule called "the Foxhunter rule" which is in effect, which basically says, if you don't participate regularly you will be killed out of the game. I will enforce this. If you are going to be away for a day, you can send in contingent lynch votes and contingent actions. Please vote in every election. There is another rule sometimes enforced called the LIS rule compelling voting, but that is not in effect in this game.

Rule #4: Quoting of posts. You are not allowed to directly forward private conversations. You can discuss what they said, but not forward them on. Also you cannot directly COPY conversations. You can paraphrase.

Rule #5: In many games you are allowed to have conversations with people in a "group". Not in this game. I want you to learn to strategize on the open forum. Exceptions: The wolves can talk to each other so they will have an advantage. Also, there may be certain villagers who can have conversations, so don't be surprised if one pops up.

Rule SOV forgot#1: do not EVER use the edit button in this game. once you have posted you cannot change what you put there unless given permission by the mods. Typos etc are not an excuse. The mods are allowed to edit. <evil grin> … as evidenced by this change.

Rule SOV forgot #2: You will be given results from your nighttime activities at the end of the night. Do not discuss/share these results until the nighttime results have been posted. Once you hear what happened, best to say nothing until the results are up.

Rule SOV forgot #3: Please change your avatars to a farm based theme while playing (players only.. mentors only if you are done in other games and want to join in the fun).

Rules for Mentors: Mentors are here to advise you of the mechanics of playing, and to discuss general strategy, but you are the ones who are playing, and all the stumbling, bumbling decisions must be from the players. Do not ask the mentor to tell you exactly what to do. Mentors have already been informed what is appropriate. Remember, mentors also have lives (sometimes), so may not always be there right away, but they know to check in regularly. They are a good group of people (except DocEspana... but we make an exception for him....and maybe Nyanko... well, actually......maybe I should stop now).
Also… you will notice all mentor messages will be surrounded by this lovely smiley: :biglove:, that is so you can pick out the mentor messages easily!

If you have questions, please ask either the mods or the mentors, or you can post a question on the thread and one of us will answer.

Remember, no one expects you to know much about this.. just have fun... and participate... and most important of all..... SURVIVE!

It is day 1. You all must cast a vote for who you want to be your leader. Your leader will be given an added ability or two, perhaps. It is always an honor to serve. Voting stays open until everyone has voted or Sunday at 12pm. I reserve the right to change times for any reason. In general days will end at 7pm or so, and nights will end at 5am, but that is subject to change.

There are 24 people in the game. Good luck.

The Roster:
1- @WildZoo
2- @JaynaAli
3- @Crystalight33
4- @UFprevet12
5- @evilsquirrel
6- @WillowLeaf
7- @bluesails
8- @wildchild210
9- @aggiegirl88
10- @Beagleholly
11- @Ashgirl
12- @sand-cat
13- @SV88
14- @Haxx
15- @grossly_incandescent
16- @rxelle
17- @GellaBella
18- @epivetlove
19- @remi4301
20- @kittyy
21- @magbags
22- @brightimpressio
23- @Mad Jack
24- @Rwwilliams

Mayor vote: #129
Mayor vote writeup: #140
Night 1 write-up: #150
Day 2 lynch vote: #346
Day 2 write up: #359
Night 2 writeup: #409
Day 3 lynch vote: #631
Day 3 write up: #634
Night 3 writeup: #705
Day 4 Lynch Vote: #1076
Day 4 Lynch write-up: #1082
Night 4 write-up: #1124
Day 5 lynch results: #1360
Day 5 writeup: #1362
Night 5 writeup. #1402
Day 6 lynch results: #1596
Day 6 writeup: #1609
Night 6 writeup: #1671
Day 7 lynch results #1876
Day 7 writeup #1906
Night 7 writeup #1946
Day 8 lynch results: #2026
Day 8 writeup: #2029
Night 8 writeup: #2068
Day 9 lynch results: #2131
Day 9 writeup: #2135
Night 9 writeup: #2164
Day 10 lynch results #2219
Day 10 writeup: #2222
Night 10 writeuphttp://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ginners-ww-game.1057787/page-46#post-14992140
Day 11 lynch results : #2338
Day 11 writeup: #2343
Night 11 writeup: #2370
Day 12 lynch results: #2469
Day 12 writeup: #2498
Night 12 writeup #2522
Day 13 lynch results: #2617
Day 13 writeup:
Night 13 writeup:
Day 14 lynch results:
Day 14 writeup;

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:biglove::biglove:Another rule SOV forgot: Do NOT under any circumstances edit a post in this thread unless told so by a game mod or a forum mod. :biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 1 user
:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:
I feel like I just watched the Hunger Games begin
rub.gif

May the odds be ever in your favor!
:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, what the heck. Elect Brightimpressio. :chicken::cow::cat: I've got candy!

First question: how do I post GIFS? And can I do it from my iPhone?

Vote - UFprevet12 I'm very pretty :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
First question: how do I post GIFS? And can I do it from my iPhone?

:biglove::biglove:Click on the button next to the smiley face button that looks like a picture, then copy and paste the link of the gif you want to use..it's easy :) I'm pretty sure you can do it from an iPhone, I've never tried but I can do it from my iPad. Just make sure the link ends in ".gif" (do other formats like .jpeg work? idk lol) :biglove::biglove:

BTW….. In WW games, you are usually expected to change your avatar to a theme related to the game theme..
So everyone PLAYING should change their avatars to a farm, barn, or animal on such (unless you are playing another game).
I won't kill you if you don't but it adds to the fun.

You do NOT have to switch to anything related to your role. (actually better that you don't).

Rather than just voting for myself or just casting a random vote, I'd like to ask- who here feels like they would be a good leader?

Elect brightimpressio. Twix makes my world go 'round.

:biglove::biglove: Are we sure brighti hasn't played before? She's got this bribery thing down pat. :laugh: :biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 4 users
You are all farm animals on an idyllic farm. Some of you are food animals (sorry), some of you are pack animals, some of you are just annoying, but all of you function together peacefully at the farm.
I feel like this is a thinly veiled metaphor for SDN...

Reactions: 2 users
Elect Brightimpressio! ( I can't say no to candy! )

jennifer-anniston-gif-ya-think.gif

Hmmm all this candy bribery sounds suspicious to me... o_O

Vote for me. I'm pretty and nice. :angelic:

Elect BrightImpressio unless someone comes up with something more compelling than candy and cookies. :)

Elect UFprevet12. I'm not a fan of UF, but us Florida people got to stick together ;)

I may not be pretty, nice, or be looking to bribe you all, but I'm a damn good leader with too much free time if it counts for anything. Candy and good looks won't protect our children.
baby-llama.jpg

Elect BrightImpressio

She seems to know what makes the world go round :)

Elect Mad Jack.
Because BrightImpressio's avatar scares me and I like pictures of cute animals more than candy.

Do I get brownie points for having an avatar with a farm/barn AND animals in it? :p

I'm a fatty and can most certainly be bribed with food
***vote brightimpressio***

I can't say no to candy. I'll be gone for the rest of the night, so elect brightimpressio.

Jumping on the bribery bandwagon! Elect brightimpressio.

Heh.. Don't even have to change my avatar!

Elect mad jack

ronswanson.jpg

Welcome to Team Savory. While I'm not running on a bacon bribery platform, I'm more than happy to share in the bacon-ey goodness.

bacon-taco-shell.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I like bacon!

Elect MadJack

I feel very torn. I love both bacon AND candy. Whoever gets me chocolate covered bacon first wins :hungry:

Haha I LOVE candy!!! When is there gonna be candy?

Elect brightimpressio.

So many brightly colored candy pictures... elect brightimpressio.

I like bacon!

Elect MadJack
Welcome to Team Savory! I'd have greeted you sooner, but I was making bacon cheeseburgers for everyone, because the only thing that makes delicious meat better is even more delicious meat (and cheese!).
30731_RecipeImage_620x413_bacon_cheeseburger.jpg

Well then! Unvote brightimpressio, vote Mad Jack

I'll take my bacon now, turkey if you have it ;)
Oh but I do. Turkey bacon, turkey bacon wrapped scallions, and turkey bacon turkey ranch tacos are on the menu tonight.
turkey%2Bbacon%2Bwrapped%2Bscallops.jpg

Welcome aboard!

My vote remains unchanged! O captain my captain!