WW 101 - SDN Farm - Beginner's WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked to be reincarnated as a reindeer. :eyebrow: Haha, thanks for putting me in the write-up so I could laugh about how MJ bored me to death.

Thanks for the game, mods! It was really fun!

MJ - You made me feel really bad when I was accusing you! Oh well, it was a good chance for us to learn to not be too nice in WW.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I still don't understand why they picked me lol. I'd been viewed with suspicion all game and had a useless power.
Probably because you're loud and influential and people trusted you for the most part, even if they slightly suspected you.

Reactions: 1 user
Rule #76 of WW: Always lynch the loud, annoying, obnoxious player. If they are a wolf, yay! If not, you got rid of annoyance and can relax and enjoy. :)

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Boooo! Fun game though, mods, even though being the other sheep was a huge pain and probably spiked my BP! Thanks!

I asked to be reincarnated as a reindeer. :eyebrow: Haha, thanks for putting me in the write-up so I could laugh about how MJ bored me to death.

Thanks for the game, mods! It was really fun!

MJ - You made me feel really bad when I was accusing you! Oh well, it was a good chance for us to learn to not be too nice in WW.
I felt bad for manipulating you guys, it was really hard for me. But this is WW, and anything goes, so
I-regret-nothing-2.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Rule #76 of WW: Always lynch the loud, annoying, obnoxious player. If they are a wolf, yay! If not, you got rid of annoyance and can relax and enjoy. :)
If not for me this thread probably would have been way more boring than it already was at times. I was just trying to keep the game lively :p

Haha wow what a game! This was the first game I followed until the end. I can't believe the wolves won though. I was really rooting for you villagers. It was hard knowing who the wolves were and not say anything so I just didn't post anything at all. I didn't know about the conversion though and MJ really took me by surprise, you are so convincing!

Great job mods! And thanks for your help mentors! That was fun.

I'm never listening to my brain ever again -_- sorry, guys :( and thanks mods for the fun game!

and MJ really took me by surprise, you are so convincing!

It is funny how people read things so differently. You say he was convincing, once he started posting incessantly to the point where I could not even finish reading some of the posts, he just became annoying. And lynching for annoyance is always an ok lynch vote. ;)

I'm never listening to my brain ever again -_- sorry, guys :( and thanks mods for the fun game!
BI, it isn't your fault at all. I felt so bad betraying you that it kind of stung when you voted for WC. Part of me wanted you to trust your heart, because I knew you felt like the whole game was on your shoulders. But it's WW, don't feel bad. It's a game of backstabbery and shenanigans, it's what we signed up for.

I think I literally changed my mind like 10 times in the last few minutes before I posted. Ughhhhhh

Members don't see this ad :)
It is funny how people read things so differently. You say he was convincing, once he started posting incessantly to the point where I could not even finish reading some of the posts, he just became annoying. And lynching for annoyance is always an ok lynch vote. ;)
Yeah, WTF made it pretty clear I was making the noob mistake of being waaaaay too active and defensive, to the point she'd have immediately lynched me without question. I was just hoping I could outnoob the other noobs by filling their brains with garbage till we won.

BI, it isn't your fault at all. I felt so bad betraying you that it kind of stung when you voted for WC. Part of me wanted you to trust your heart, because I knew you felt like the whole game was on your shoulders. But it's WW, don't feel bad. It's a game of backstabbery and shenanigans, it's what we signed up for.

@Philliab

He needs the wolf talk.

Reactions: 3 users
You're not the only one who thought WC was the wolf... I was hoping you would lynch her because I trusted MJ's defense too much.:( I even started to suspect you a little - I thought maybe you were using your PM ability to make me fight with crystal and MJ so I would become the target for the next lynch. Of course that theory quickly got disproved.

:nod: Times a Billion

I don't know if I am up for playing again lol, that was way more stressful than I thought a silly forum game could be. On the upside, it'll spare everyone from having to read more of my annoying posts :p

:eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got a decent connection, though I won't have it long enough to catch up on all the posts from the past few days. Well played, wolves. Still wish the villagers had pulled a victory, though. :p Can't wait to play in the next game!

Yeah. I should probably get my RL crap done. Like find housing for when I leave for school. And sign up for animal nutrition.....etc. etc.

Yeah, WTF made it pretty clear I was making the noob mistake of being waaaaay too active and defensive, to the point she'd have immediately lynched me without question. I was just hoping I could outnoob the other noobs by filling their brains with garbage till we won.
Yeah, that definitely wouldn't have worked in a game with any of the veterans in it.

You're not the only one who thought WC was the wolf... I was hoping you would lynch her because I trusted MJ's defense too much.:( I even started to suspect you a little - I thought maybe you were using your PM ability to make me fight with crystal and MJ so I would become the target for the next lynch. Of course that theory quickly got disproved.
We were right. We were right all along. If I've learned anything from this it's to go with the gut feeling and immediately lynch the person who whines too much when they're being confronted :p

There were questions that occurred to me when I was dead but now I can't remember any of them... Other than asking the wolves why they had to kill me so early :p
I seered you the night before you died, we got the cow result, then we decided you were the one who pooped on me N1 and blocked my N1 seering. So unfortunately for you, you had to go.

Many many thanks to our wolfy mentors Escalla and WTF who helped us learn how this works, and put up with a LOT of chatter on our wolfy PM.

I seered you the night before you died, we got the cow result, then we decided you were the one who pooped on me N1 and blocked my N1 seering. So unfortunately for you, you had to go.

Many many thanks to our wolfy mentors Escalla and WTF who helped us learn how this works, and put up with a LOT of chatter on our wolfy PM.
That's funny because since I didn't know whether my blocking had done anything (the only message I got from the mods was "You blocked Jayna", nothing specific) and there was a wolf kill that night, I put you lower on my suspicious list. Which is why BI was defending you at first. Unfortunately even though I did end up blocking two wolves, I wasn't aware of it until later. And of course I blocked sand_cat and got myself killed :lame:

That's funny because since I didn't know whether my blocking had done anything (the only message I got from the mods was "You blocked Jayna", nothing specific) and there was a wolf kill that night, I put you lower on my suspicious list. Which is why BI was defending you at first. Unfortunately even though I did end up blocking two wolves, I wasn't aware of it until later. And of course I blocked sand_cat and got myself killed :lame:
That's when I knew that sand_cat was probably the goat. I knew that we had been suspicious of her the night before. And then somehow the wolves knew she was a goat, too. Ugh.

Thanks for playing noobs.

Especially thanks to all the mentors for maintaining your sanity.

I hope the entertainment value> frustration.

SOV out.

Reactions: 1 users
It was a good game, SOV! Hopefully a worthwhile one from the new player's perspective.

There were some pretty amazing moments of stupidity (like not lynching MJ, when it was pretty obvious he was the last wolf), but considering how many moments of utter stupidity I've had and continue to have ... meh, it all comes out in the wash.

Me right now. Oh well good game! I'm honestly surprised I made it to the final 3 but I'm even more happy I made my mentor proud :D

Reactions: 2 users
WHY WAS YOUR ABILITY SO VAGUE?!?! Hahahahahaha

That I don't know but I swear I was telling the truth!!! I guess I should be a wolf next time since that's just my natural behavior hehe.
I'm mainly just glad to have my life back and now have to rush to check the thread!!
I told my friend how mad I was that MJ was succeeding at convincing you I was the wolf and she was like .......wut

FWIW, new players, two comments about the end game...

1) You *can not* let bull****ting players steam-roll you. SOV will do it *every time*. MJ apparently is the type. DocE is the type. I'm occasionally the type. If someone starts trying to swamp you with an obnoxious number of reasons to either vote for someone else or to not vote for them - it's usually bull****. Very rarely in WW is there enough evidence about <anyone> to put together a lengthy diatribe. So if you see one - your bull**** alarm should go off. The only tricky part is that some people (esp SOV and DocE) will bull**** regardless of whether they are wolves or villagers, so it can be tricky to discern. I usually fail with SOV.

2) Don't let someone making you feel bad about lynching them stop you. Pretty much every time I've done that, it's burned me. If you want to lynch someone and they're making you feel bad, just think about how they'd act as a wolf ... they'd do exactly what they are doing.

That I don't know but I swear I was telling the truth!!! I guess I should be a wolf next time since that's just my natural behavior hehe.
I'm mainly just glad to have my life back and now have to rush to check the thread!!
I told my friend how mad I was that MJ was succeeding at convincing you I was the wolf and she was like .......wut
Trust me, I was pretty irritated, too.

1) You *can not* let bull****ting players steam-roll you. SOV will do it *every time*. MJ apparently is the type. DocE is the type. I'm occasionally the type. If someone starts trying to swamp you with an obnoxious number of reasons to either vote for someone else or to not vote for them - it's usually bullcrap. Very rarely in WW is there enough evidence about <anyone> to put together a lengthy diatribe. So if you see one - your bullcrap alarm should go off. The only tricky part is that some people (esp SOV and DocE) will bullcrap regardless of whether they are wolves or villagers, so it can be tricky to discern. I usually fail with SOV.

2) Don't let someone making you feel bad about lynching them stop you. Pretty much every time I've done that, it's burned me. If you want to lynch someone and they're making you feel bad, just think about how they'd act as a wolf ... they'd do exactly what they are doing.
:hello:

then again, i'm rarely alive end game anyway

Not always....there are some people who are just as annoying ded.

And my gut believed you but my brain couldn't. get. over. that. ability. I'm actually really curious how that would have worked.

1) You *can not* let bull****ting players steam-roll you. SOV will do it *every time*. MJ apparently is the type. DocE is the type. I'm occasionally the type. If someone starts trying to swamp you with an obnoxious number of reasons to either vote for someone else or to not vote for them - it's usually bullcrap. Very rarely in WW is there enough evidence about <anyone> to put together a lengthy diatribe. So if you see one - your bullcrap alarm should go off. The only tricky part is that some people (esp SOV and DocE) will bullcrap regardless of whether they are wolves or villagers, so it can be tricky to discern. I usually fail with SOV.

My best wolf move was still probably tossing @nohika under the bus when our wolf group had silenced her... I felt bad, ok not really, it was payback... :p

Also, I got the "caaaaaarrrrrrrr"!!! @WhtsThFrequency

And my gut believed you but my brain couldn't. get. over. that. ability. I'm actually really curious how that would have worked.

Life lesson #5973445: Always trust your gut! It's what got me through my biochem exam today lol
As for the weird ability... I guess we'll never know

WHY WAS YOUR ABILITY SO VAGUE?!?! Hahahahahaha
Welcome to SOV games.

Most of the roles in this game were straight forward… but I like ambiguity, and I guess I let that one slip through (it was actually Devyn's idea, but I liked/approved it).

It probably would have made more sense in a game with groups (the attack came from group B, or something like that), but in this game I was going to refer to the position on the player list… i.e:

WC was attacked and dying, and LIS came upon her and she croaked the word "wolf", but then she couldn't say anymore as blood was burbling from her mouth. LIS grabs her shoulders and says… what about the wolf… and she points to the computer screen at the living player list. But which player was she pointing out? All LIS could say for sure was it was a player near the top of the list.

Welcome to SOV games.

Most of the roles in this game were straight forward… but I like ambiguity, and I guess I let that one slip through (it was actually Devyn's idea, but I liked/approved it).

It probably would have made more sense in a game with groups (the attack came from group B, or something like that), but in this game I was going to refer to the position on the player list… i.e:
Ah, got it.