WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fairytales in their original form are violent and frightening, nothing like the nicey nice happy ending fed to children today. The collection tales that are about to be told will not be fluffy feel good stories where the hero always wins and only one moment of death brings woe to the characters.

enter_sandman_by_zumart-d60u8at.jpg

There is true evil in storybook world that seeks nothing but violence and death. Chaos lives and has a seemingly endless supply of lives to manipulate. However, there are true heroes out there. They strive to rid the land of foulness.

dark-fairy-1.jpg

However, these heroes are not perfect. Sometimes they do more harm than good, and must fight to redeem themselves. This is the way of fairytales, where character flaws must be overcome and cooperation is a must to win victory at the end of the day.

SOV and Lupin’s Book of Abominable Tales begins now.

We will begin with an extended Day 1 as the characters come to life and alliances are formed and mistrust is bred, and at the end, one life will be ended in lynch.

LYNCH DEADLINE IS 9PM EST THURSDAY 10/1

Here is your starting Roster of 23:

1- @LadyOtheFarm
2- @finnickthedog
3- @katashark
4- @alohacat319
5 - @PrincessButterCup (PBC)
6- @swiniazycie
7- @Kam325
8 - @ketoone
9 - @Trilt
10- @hazelmoo
11 - @pinkpuppy9
12 - @Chordata25
13- @Caiter92
14- @rockatiel
15- @Teepster87
16 - @kcoughli
17 - @klmn87
18 - @Mouse2106
19 - @Stb1473
20 - @Devastating
21 - @Vdubs03
22- @SFsteph
23- @heyyimhayley

RULES:

NO PMing unless otherwise notified (Except with your mentor)

NO Editing posts (newbs must learn what to type and when)

NO Strategy Posting from the Dead. Dead posts must starred * or #, i.e.
I am dead. I haz a sad.

PLEASE participate. Games are boring when players refuse to talk about the game and strategically use the thread.

Send CONTINGENCIES if you are unable to make a lynch or night deadline

HAVE FUN! These games are meant to be enjoyable.

MENTORS will be posting surrounded by emotions, i.e.

:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:
I am posting as a mentor
:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

ONCE UPON A TIME…

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I tried posting an "I don't know what I'm doing" GIF and apparently failed at that...so I am apparently clueless in more ways than one :p

Reactions: 2 users
I tried posting an "I don't know what I'm doing" GIF and apparently failed at that...so I am apparently clueless in more ways than one :p
a61fff1675fffe10b497b06f3d31e532.gif

There ya go. And I share your sentiments.

Lynch caiter purely because I have no clue where to start and you're unlucky number 13.

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:
Go back, read the link I posted in the sign-up thread. Return. Lynch.
:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

Lynch caiter purely because I have no clue where to start and you're unlucky number 13.
Alright, I vote to lynch alohacat for being so quick to decide that murder is the first option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, repeat:
Lynch alohacat

Reactions: 1 user
:artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist:

So even seasoned WW Vets don't have opening days down. You should openly speculate on game mechanics, such as how many wolves, what wolves look like, and as you get to know mods, what hidden gems are within the game to figure out.

After that, you vote to lynch a person, generally for not much reason at the start, that person lynched should then come forth and defend themselves and question your loyalties in return. Other players should be on the lookout for things that just don't ring quite true, and pursue that with a line of questioning.

People who are good at this game know how to interrogate and also defend in a logical manner. Players should keep track of what has been said and by whom to find the inconsistencies that lead to wolf lynches.
:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Reactions: 1 users
:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:
Basest of rules here.
Bold or #####your votes. Easier for mods to notice and count them.
Your mentors will post with emoticons. Normal players, please do not.
If you're dead, don't say anything game related. It's not good sportsmanship. If you are going to say anything like "Oh darn," post with ****** around your talking nonsense.
Also, an excel spreadsheet is your friend.

Gwen out
:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

I know, but I had to choose someone and I'm looking for a bloodthirsty wolf. I jumped for the first bloodthirsty thing with whiskers...
Now, maybe you'll be the first to figure out how to defend yourself from accusations, cause I have no idea how much to reveal to defend myself from histeria.

Ok, post moderators comments...
We're noobs, so children and we're fairy tale creatures so we are probably looking for adult boogies.

Any other speculations?

FYI to everyone, I have a quiz tomorrow, so won't be able to continue playing until tomorrow afternoon! I'll catch up and definitely make the lynching deadline, though.

Being fairy tale creatures, I wonder if we'll get items that go along with fairy tales. Maybe like a candy house for protection at night or something like that. That would be too delicious.

Ok, post moderators comments...
We're noobs, so children and we're fairy tale creatures so we are probably looking for adult boogies.

Any other speculations?
that sounds like a good theory and matches my description. not sure how much i am supposed to explain, but i am definitely not a wolf. not long does my description not list anything about being a wolf, but my role is merely a young girl who has a cute little puppy.

LOL if someone's role is the big bad wolf from little red riding hood and they are actually a wolf. that would be fantastic.

I don't know what I dooooing and I really don't want to lynch anyone because you're all wonderful! But if we must choose... Lynch Caiter92 :dead:

that sounds like a good theory and matches my description. not sure how much i am supposed to explain, but i am definitely not a wolf. not long does my description not list anything about being a wolf, but my role is merely a young girl who has a cute little puppy.
Hmm...I wonder why you're so insistent on not being a wolf already. Not sure if I trust what you're saying. Plus, you were the first to lynch (and did so pretty quickly), so clearly you have an agenda.

This sounds like Dorothy and Toto to me. I've seen dogs assigned as roles in previous games, so it sounds like a safe bet that these are two distinct characters. Should we assume a few villager characters to one wolf character from each fairy tale?

Dorothy's slippers also sound like a likely possibility for an item that may show up later in the game.

I have to wonder...if the theme of this game is old-school fairy tales that defy the traditional expectation that clear-cut good will prevail over clear-cut evil, we might have some wolves-in-waiting that aren't clearly identified as such in their role descriptions. I can think of more than a few fairy tales with morally ambiguous "good guys". I know SOV's games have done something like this before, "revealing" wolves at some point later in the game.

From my character, I can think of an obvious associated villian and another "protagonist" character who might be better described as a chaos when you really think about it.

As for who to lynch...the first vote is pretty hard. Not much to go on. My gut is to believe that @alohacat319 is Dorothy, so probably a villager.

Two votes for Caiter... and I also found alohacat's talk suspicious. But I don't know if it's just nervous chatter or talking to try to hide the fact that she's a wolf (maybe even the wolf she brought up?). Maybe she's not a wolf but a wolf puppy, since even the wolves are noobs...

I don't know what I dooooing and I really don't want to lynch anyone because you're all wonderful! But if we must choose... Lynch Caiter92 :dead:
You don't like the number 13 either? I'd like to believe aloha, but now it sounds like collusion since there is no reasoning...

By the way guys, I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk a lot. I have been sooo bored and I've REALLY been looking forward to this! It also gives me something to do other than take care of my own chores, which is a perfect line of reasoning for my character, so I'm running with it!

someone had to be the first one.... but honestly whoever was first was probably destined to be targeted, so that was just an idiot mistake on my part. i'm trying to do what i'm told and it is all backfiring. they said to lynch, so i lynched, i was told to defend, so i defended. i really am telling the truth, but i don't know how else to convince you guys.

This sounds like Dorothy and Toto to me. I've seen dogs assigned as roles in previous games, so it sounds like a safe bet that these are two distinct characters. Should we assume a few villager characters to one wolf character from each fairy tale?

Dorothy's slippers also sound like a likely possibility for an item that may show up later in the game.

I have to wonder...if the theme of this game is old-school fairy tales that defy the traditional expectation that clear-cut good will prevail over clear-cut evil, we might have some wolves-in-waiting that aren't clearly identified as such in their role descriptions. I can think of more than a few fairy tales with morally ambiguous "good guys". I know SOV's games have done something like this before, "revealing" wolves at some point later in the game.

From my character, I can think of an obvious associated villian and another "protagonist" character who might be better described as a chaos when you really think about it.

As for who to lynch...the first vote is pretty hard. Not much to go on. My gut is to believe that @alohacat319 is Dorothy, so probably a villager.
So you are saying maybe her puppy will bite her later and turn her?

I'm not super traditional as in old Europe, more American traditional, but I can't picture my character as a bad guy.

I think if alohacat were truly a wolf she wouldn't be talking so much. We're all noobs here. A noob wolf would be afraid to reveal themselves by talking too much I think.

Still... we should keep an eye on that one. Just in case I'm wrong.

Others who have a role that seems like a pretty sure bet for villager...can you think of an obvious partner protagonist in your fairy tale? Is there one main character, two, three? I think if we tinker around with it, we might be able to figure out how many unique stories are represented in the game, and how many wolves we might have on our hands.

Or aloha is playing the confuser role. Too suspicious. I've only read a few other WW's, but it doesn't seem like people usually rush to 'reveal' who they are unless they're hiding something.
Two votes for Caiter... and I also found alohacat's talk suspicious. But I don't know if it's just nervous chatter or talking to try to hide the fact that she's a wolf (maybe even the wolf she brought up?). Maybe she's not a wolf but a wolf puppy, since even the wolves are noobs...
Really good theory there. Wolf puppy sounds promising. Too cute, too! Everyone thinks puppies are innocent.

Others who have a role that seems like a pretty sure bet for villager...can you think of an obvious partner protagonist in your fairy tale? Is there one main character, two, three? I think if we tinker around with it, we might be able to figure out how many unique stories are represented in the game, and how many wolves we might have on our hands.
I may have some (3) obvious villager partner protagonists for my character. I'm just not sure how much to reveal though...

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:
2876377.gif

Killing when you don't want to kill is the first and most critical skill of werewolf. You must show no mercy.
+pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad++pad+

Ok, nope, still haven't figured out how to quote just part of a comment but:

Everyone thinks puppies are innocent until they chew up and pee on your shoes ;)

The other thing I was trying to reply to is which fairy tales are we in and who are the bad guys:
In mine, children and slaves are good with simple motives, annoying to adults, but mischief and evil are not synonymous. The adults would be the baddies in my story, hence my conclusion that they were adults not puppies. That and in the intro the pictures show adults hurting children.
On those assumptions, I would have guessed bad guys to be the witch who tried to cook Hansel and Gretel and the cook from Oliver Twist and the Wicked Witch of the West.

I'm gonna sit here and stall a while before I go making accusations...don't want to hop on someone else's chosen lynchee, nor to randomly choose someone else from the list, so let's scope things out :cool:

No idea what my character may mean in terms of this game yet...

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Rushing to reveal your role is called "role calling" and can be a valid strategy if you think you understand the world. It can also be a sign of an open person who does not yet know what wolves do to juicy sounding roles or a wolf trying too hard. YMMV
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ack! My whole post is in a quote bubble. If you read the first line, that's hilarious. :smack:

I may have some (3) obvious villager partner protagonists for my character. I'm just not sure how much to reveal though...
I'm gonna sit here and stall a while before I go making accusations...don't want to hop on someone else's chosen lynchee, nor to randomly choose someone else from the list, so let's scope things out :cool:

No idea what my character may mean in terms of this game yet...
That sounds just right. I'm not familiar with my character's story, so I'll have to do a bit of research to see what other characters could be hanging around this game

Any chance this is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Mischievous but not malevolent children, punished in sinister ways by Willy Wonka and his oompa-loompa goons? The Oompa Loompas were slaves, were they not?

Any chance this is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Mischievous but not malevolent children, punished in sinister ways by Willy Wonka and his oompa-loompa goons? The Oompa Loompas were slaves, were they not?
The Oompa Loompas were saved by Willy Wonka I thought? He was too good to them. I remember (at least in the new version of the move, I haven't read the book in over 10 years) that he saved them from a dangerous place or something like that.

Oops, my quote didn't work, the above post was referencing @LadyOtheFarm's description of her story.

pinkpuppy... you seem pretty eager to turn against everything I say and com up with reasons why nobody should believe me, and you said you weren't going to be around much which based off of other threads that is supposedly wolfy, and you say that you don't know your own role... you seem kinda iffy to me.

There's 1 obvious protagonist in my story, as well as 1 antagonist. There's also a role that would be good for "chaos." No dogs that I can remember though.