WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I promise that I would NOT silence myself. That was definitely pan. I think that I know for sure mouse is a villager because I made a wolf detector with my tinker toys and it said she wasn't a wolf. But my mentor did say that those can malfunction and give the wrong info. I also think teep is innocent because we pm'd (unless they were lying). Other than that I don't know anything for 100% sure.
No, sorry, I wasn't clear....I meant that you could have had the original silencing ability, and Pan stole it from you and turned around and used it on you. Seems like a super chaotic thing to do, and I can see it satisfying Pan's sense of humor.

Members don't see this ad.

No, sorry, I wasn't clear....I meant that you could have had the original silencing ability, and Pan stole it from you and turned around and used it on you. Seems like a super chaotic thing to do, and I can see it satisfying Pan's sense of humor.
Is there a chance that Pan passed his abilities on to you? :thinking: He got you to fly, after all

Reactions: 1 users
Night write-up from when Peter died said she could steal shadows and gain any ability that came with it. Does the person still get to keep their shadow? Now that we know Fin had a sword, and his death write-up said he could kill two people during the game. We know Peter had stolen an ability that let him kill, as well. Now this *could* have been stolen from a wolf, but it doesn't look to me like this counts as an "ability" for a wolf. They each have their own--Caiter could see and block seer attemps, Trilt could block item use, Hayley could block night actions. So I would guess that Peter got that shadow from Finn. Finn clearly still kept the ability himself.

So...I could see Pan stealing someone's silencing ability, using it, but there still being a player in the game who can use it too.

It does strike me as pretty poetic and chaotic to use someone's ability against them, so that's interesting to me. But I'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a chance that Pan passed his abilities on to you? :thinking: He got you to fly, after all

I can see why you would wonder, but no, he didn't. My best source of proof is that the only abilities used so far, since then, have been "claimed". Lucy is the one who resurrected Steph. Finn is the one who tried to kill Trilt (and oops, I'm realizing I was wrong in my last post---he didn't kill her, the knife did). I don't remember anyone coming out and claiming to be the one who made the knife and killed Trilt, but I believe I know who it was, based on previously revealed role descriptions. I also believe I know who blew the horn, based on our roster of characters.

I promise that I would NOT silence myself. That was definitely pan. I think that I know for sure mouse is a villager because I made a wolf detector with my tinker toys and it said she wasn't a wolf. But my mentor did say that those can malfunction and give the wrong info. I also think teep is innocent because we pm'd (unless they were lying). Other than that I don't know anything for 100% sure.

I'm REALLY curious about Mouse's role. It's clearly important, since she seems to have posting restrictions. But what has she learned or done? Knowing would be really helpful today, I bet.

Reactions: 1 user
So...I could see Pan stealing someone's silencing ability, using it, but there still being a player in the game who can use it too.

This is how I assumed Pan's ability worked. I agree that he borrowed the ability for just one night from someone to silence Hazel. I think that person got their ability back and silenced you. I have wondered if Mouse may have been silenced on day 2 as well since I think that's the only day she didn't post.

What are everyone's thoughts on Dev? Anyone have any reason to swing one way or another that they haven't yet shared with the class?

Oops, didn't mean to quote you there. Ignore the quote, not related to my question.

I've just always had a feeling about dev, but I don't think there is any clear evidence and we can't afford to lynch another villager today. We need to do more digging.

I'm REALLY curious about Mouse's role. It's clearly important, since she seems to have posting restrictions. But what has she learned or done? Knowing would be really helpful today, I bet.
Based on how strangely mouse talks, I'm assuming that Mouse has to talk in character and isn't allowed to say/confirm who he is. I think if this role restriction is there, its just there to make him sound wolfy :shrug: Just a guess. I could be totally off.

I'm on mobile rn so it's hard to go back but I'm almost certain I remember 2 villagers trying to kill trilt it was findog who went in second and died.

Based on how strangely mouse talks, I'm assuming that Mouse has to talk in character and isn't allowed to say/confirm who he is. I think if this role restriction is there, its just there to make him sound wolfy :shrug: Just a guess. I could be totally off.

I am pretty sure Mouse just got unlucky with their character when it comes to talking. But, it is possible my tinker toys were wrong. I don't get a extremely wolfy feeling with them though... But it is possible :(

I'm on mobile rn so it's hard to go back but I'm almost certain I remember 2 villagers trying to kill trilt it was findog who went in second and died.
Yes - it said there was someone with a knife (who is the one who ended up killing Trilt) and then there was Findog (who was killed in the process by another wolf).

Members don't see this ad :)
Off topic:

If that didn't work:

Be back in a bit.

Also today's write-up was me confused. I sent in a night action but was there someone who could have blocked it?

I think our (hopefully) last remaining original wolf is probably someone who has been flying under the radar. At this point though, I think there is a good handful of people that applies to so I don't have a good lead. :(

Also today's write-up was me confused. I sent in a night action but was there someone who could have blocked it?

I think that whoever blew the horn blocked all nigh actions because I had a night action too that didn't happen :/

I think our (hopefully) last remaining original wolf is probably someone who has been flying under the radar. At this point though, I think there is a good handful of people that applies to so I don't have a good lead. :(

I'm torn. I mostly agree with you, but wonder if it wouldn't have been smarter for the wolves to diversify their strategies a bit more. Hayley was entirely absent. Trilt was pretty under the radar, but not conspicuously so. Caiter was kind of screwed and had to play defense the whole time. If I were a wolf, I would have picked someone in the pack to play the villager role hard.

Okay, back in a bit for real this time.

My night action was taken away completely!

I'm torn. I mostly agree with you, but wonder if it wouldn't have been smarter for the wolves to diversify their strategies a bit more. Hayley was entirely absent. Trilt was pretty under the radar, but not conspicuously so. Caiter was kind of screwed and had to play defense the whole time. If I were a wolf, I would have picked someone in the pack to play the villager role hard.

That would certainly be smart of them. I feel like Hayley's lack of activity probably wasn't on purpose but Trilt was pretty scarce (esp day 1-2) until the Max incident.

I'm at the point where thread activity won't really affect my decision...Trilt really is on clinics. Clinics are definitely not 8-5. Hayley seemed like she was genuinely busy as well. I'm looking at those who are participating, but are bringing forth literally no information, or lynch voting with the bandwagon without actually providing their own logical explanations for doing so.

That would certainly be smart of them. I feel like Hayley's lack of activity probably wasn't on purpose but Trilt was pretty scarce (esp day 1-2) until the Max incident.

This is another reason I have for being a bit wary of Hazel. That and that she keeps suggesting I'm a wolf when I think the logic for why I can't be is pretty strong. Sorry Hazel, if you're innocent

Just a dead talking strategy FYI - liking a post about strategy is also considered strategy, so don't do that. I haven't seen any of you do this, but it's a question I had when I first started playing, so I figured I'd pass that info along.

This is another reason I have for being a bit wary of Hazel. That and that she keeps suggesting I'm a wolf when I think the logic for why I can't be is pretty strong. Sorry Hazel, if you're innocent

Realizing that wasn't clear...I meant that I think it would be smart to have a wolf who's a very active villager, who occasionally gets it right, but also throws around a lot of names that definitely aren't wolves.

I am innocent.. which is why I was suspicious of you because if you were a wolf then you know I am innocent and are trying to turn everyone against me. I have been tried to be killed 2 times before. One time I used a wagon to escape. Another time someone protected me. There is no way could be a wolf because I would not have almost been killed twice. The wolves want me dead because I was the main reason we lynched hayley and they don't know how I knew that (I literally just had a gut feeling. I wish I had gotten a cool ability like you guys, but I didn't :(

Reactions: 2 users
Realizing that wasn't clear...I meant that I think it would be smart to have a wolf who's a very active villager, who occasionally gets it right, but also throws around a lot of names that definitely aren't wolves.
If nothing else, she certainly is in the lead for waffles.

I am innocent.. which is why I was suspicious of you because if you were a wolf then you know I am innocent and are trying to turn everyone against me. I have been tried to be killed 2 times before. One time I used a wagon to escape. Another time someone protected me. There is no way could be a wolf because I would not have almost been killed twice. The wolves want me dead because I was the main reason we lynched hayley and they don't know how I knew that (I literally just had a gut feeling. I wish I had gotten a cool ability like you guys, but I didn't :(
Oh that's right, you did say you were the villager in the wagon. No one else came forward to contradict that, right?

Do you really not have any ability at all, Hazel? Hmm.

Just FYI, the more you talk, the more suspicious I am of you. You really seem to have a knack for coming up with potential wolf strategies, almost as if you know them and are trying to put them into action by convincing us of others. My mentor mentioned that this is a common wolf strategy if you want to be the last wolf standing, so for now

Lynch Kam

Waffling is possible.

The wolves want me dead because I was the main reason we lynched hayley and they don't know how I knew that (I literally just had a gut feeling. I wish I had gotten a cool ability like you guys, but I didn't :(
I've been wondering too why you thought she was a wolf. There has to be something more than a gut feeling. I'm very glad I followed your cawing clues and lynched her but there was nothing different about her compared to KLMN and Chordata.

Oh that's right, you did say you were the villager in the wagon. No one else came forward to contradict that, right?

Do you really not have any ability at all, Hazel? Hmm.

At first I said I had no ability to confuse the wolves... But if you are still suspicious of me, I will tell you what my mod said.

My "ability" is that I have a high affinity for items.. I have had an item almost every night. My item last night allowed me to see someone's actions from the previous night but it was blocked.

Just FYI, the more you talk, the more suspicious I am of you. You really seem to have a knack for coming up with potential wolf strategies, almost as if you know them and are trying to put them into action by convincing us of others. My mentor mentioned that this is a common wolf strategy if you want to be the last wolf standing, so for now

Lynch Kam

Waffling is possible.

Wait, really? You think I'm a wolf, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and have just decided to spill all my thoughts on my own wolf strategy in the thread? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

At first I said I had no ability to confuse the wolves... But if you are still suspicious of me, I will tell you what my mod said.

My "ability" is that I have a high affinity for items.. I have had an item almost every night. My item last night allowed me to see someone's actions from the previous night but it was blocked.

Not saying I don't believe you, but this reminds me of the dressing-down SOV gave us in his write-up. We were chastised for not noticing that Trilt tried to pass off getting items as an ability, when the rest of us have been getting items as well.

Wait, really? You think I'm a wolf, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and have just decided to spill all my thoughts on my own wolf strategy in the thread? That wouldn't make any sense at all.
That's the point! You have consistently had an answer for everything to reflect suspicion away from yourself. It's possible that you are. Others have brought other reasons to the table as to why you should be a suspect, but I've been watching how you are able to come up with elaborate wolf strategies on a regular basis.

Also, I'd be more likely to believe your ability was to have an item every night, not almost every night. I think a lot of people have gotten a lot of items. Can you imagine SOV's eyes rolling into the back of his head if we fall for the same trick he pointed out to us, again?

That's the point! You have consistently had an answer for everything to reflect suspicion away from yourself. It's possible that you are. Others have brought other reasons to the table as to why you should be a suspect, but I've been watching how you are able to come up with elaborate wolf strategies on a regular basis.

Okay, I get why your mentors would be suspect, but if they're following the thread, they'll have seen that Caiter outed me as Wendy before we knew there was a Peter in the game, and that Dev has claimed to have proof of this as well. Wendy is not a wolf role, obviously. I'm throwing out wolf strategies because I'm trying to find a wolf.

Okay, I get why your mentors would be suspect, but if they're following the thread, they'll have seen that Caiter outed me as Wendy before we knew there was a Peter in the game, and that Dev has claimed to have proof of this as well. Wendy is not a wolf role, obviously. I'm throwing out wolf strategies because I'm trying to find a wolf.
Yeah, Wendy is very impressionable. Why else would she be super willing to fly out of her window with a stranger? She left Nana behind, for cripe's sake

Also, I'd be more likely to believe your ability was to have an item every night, not almost every night. I think a lot of people have gotten a lot of items. Can you imagine SOV's eyes rolling into the back of his head if we fall for the same trick he pointed out to us, again?

actually, it just says I have an "affinity" for items. Sometimes I get one in the day, it isn't always at night. I think the wolves knew my "ability", which is why they wanted me dead. The wolves have literally tried to kill me twice. Read the description the mod wrote when I flew down the hill on my wagon. A wolf tried to kill me, but said they would try again another day. They did, but I was protected. Whoever protected me, will you please say who you are so people know I am telling the truth?

Honestly, now I am suspecting you again Kam, because I KNOW I am not a wolf. I have done a lot to prove this, and as a villager, I have led our paths on the right track before.. What have you done?

Maybe you were partners with Caiter? He was a wolf. Maybe he outed you as fake wendy so we wouldn't suspect you. And maybe (if he is really an alpha who will return), you knew that he wouldn't really die even if we lynched him... Which is why you were SO set on us lynching him. You wanted to prove your innocence, when in reality, it makes me now believe that you are really a wolf.

This is what I think for now. I may waffle if need be.. but lynch Kam.

Kam, if you are innocent, I am sorry... But you just seem so guilty to me now. And I don't trust you.

actually, it just says I have an "affinity" for items. Sometimes I get one in the day, it isn't always at night. I think the wolves knew my "ability", which is why they wanted me dead. The wolves have literally tried to kill me twice. Read the description the mod wrote when I flew down the hill on my wagon. A wolf tried to kill me, but said they would try again another day. They did, but I was protected. Whoever protected me, will you please say who you are so people know I am telling the truth?

Honestly, now I am suspecting you again Kam, because I KNOW I am not a wolf. I have done a lot to prove this, and as a villager, I have led our paths on the right track before.. What have you done?

Yeah, like I said, the wagon thing is very convincing, especially since I don't think anyone has come forward to claim it was them instead.

I'm not trying to throw you under the bus, Hazel, just trying to consider everything that seems odd when it comes up. I said that you led the charge against Trilt, and tried to protect Steph, so I think it's probably a better option to consider wolves in other places. But I don't want to ignore things that could be relevant, either.

As for me, I led the charge against Caiter for three days in a row. As SOV said, I did everything but pound my shoe on the table to try to convince you guys. Some people said it was suspicious back then that I was so gung-ho for her, but my read of the situation was right, and logical, and well-argued, I would say. I'm trying to put the same rationality and scrutiny into our decision here.

All right. I've seen people speculating on this, so I figured that I might as well spill the beans since it honestly feels like any one of us could very well be gone tomorrow, anyway... I was the one who made the knife and killed Trilt. I need to go back and read through some stuff later to decide on my lynch vote for the day, but I have a test in T-minus 45 minutes, so that's kinda priority right now. But yeah. There you go.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe you were partners with Caiter? He was a wolf. Maybe he outed you as fake wendy so we wouldn't suspect you. And maybe (if he is really an alpha who will return), you knew that he wouldn't really die even if we lynched him... Which is why you were SO set on us lynching him. You wanted to prove your innocence, when in reality, it makes me now believe that you are really a wolf.
SOV's write-up said that Caiter was not an alpha.

Anyway, after many days of fun and games you have finally lynched caiter92, Caiter was able to seer for the wolves, and was unseerable herself. Not a bad role. As for that alpha wolf thing. Um.... No.

The mods indicated the alpha wolf thing was BS.

Yeah, like I said, the wagon thing is very convincing, especially since I don't think anyone has come forward to claim it was them instead.

I'm not trying to throw you under the bus, Hazel, just trying to consider everything that seems odd when it comes up. I said that you led the charge against Trilt, and tried to protect Steph, so I think it's probably a better option to consider wolves in other places. But I don't want to ignore things that could be relevant, either.

As for me, I led the charge against Caiter for three days in a row. As SOV said, I did everything but pound my shoe on the table to try to convince you guys. Some people said it was suspicious back then that I was so gung-ho for her, but my read of the situation was right, and logical, and well-argued, I would say. I'm trying to put the same rationality and scrutiny into our decision here.

There is no way I could have faked my own death and used the wagon that night. I was given a wagon, and was told that it would be used automatically should I be in danger and someone tried to kill me. I understand that you wanted Caiter dead, but if he truly is an alpha, it doesn't matter because he can come back. If you knew this, it would make sense for you to try and get everyone to trust you by finding a wolf.

Caiter is not the only one who said I was Wendy. Dev also confirmed that I was Wendy, and I'm assuming by using the item you're referencing you had last night, confirmed that I met up with Peter. So I'm definitely Wendy, because if I was the wolf, Dev wouldn't be, so why would she lie? And if Dev was the wolf, then I couldn't be.

Sorry Kam. I didn't get the memo that alpha wolf was BS because they said
"This is the last you will see of that evil...

OR IS IT?"

so I took that as perhaps she could come back.