WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright everyone, here goes nothing. My analysis of all of us:

kcoughli, confirmed Lucy Pevensie, ability to revive the dead, used to revive SFSteph, villager

swinia, most likely Susan Pevensie, ability to stop all actions for 1 night, used Night 5?, villager

hazelmoo, possibly orphan Annie, ability to attract items?, escaped wolf attacks twice, unknown (suspicions for reason following this post)

ketoone, likely Violet Baudelaire, ability to invent items, used diamond knife to kill wolf Trilt, likely villager

teepster, likely Christopher Robin, ability to PM players, likely villager (for reasons I will explain following this post)

Stb, claims to be Alice in Wonderland, unknown ability, has lynched and suspected many a proven wolf, unknown

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If someone was turned in to a wolf, all of those analysis could be void now though :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Reasons why I now trust Teepster: Last night I successfully blocked Teepsters actions with Toy Soldiers. Thus, they could not have wolf-killed someone.

Reasons why I now suspect Hazelmoo: Her copy/pasted description of the wagon does not match the description I received of the wagon. Coincidence? Perhaps. Different type of wagon or item ability? Perhaps. Different mod wrote it? Perhaps. But her narrow wolf escapes does seem to make her a likely convert. Her ability also seems somewhat suspicious, though I think her "soulless devil spawn" character write up was because the original orphan Annie from the movie was a ginger :p

Reasons why I now suspect Stb: Has correctly called out many a wolf, and if she was a wolf and knew who the wolves were she could have thrown them under a bus to protect herself. Claimed to be blocked last night but since no one is claiming a blocking ability and I had the Toy Soldiers which I used to block Teepster, I find this suspect. Unless there are multiple sets of Toy Soldiers per night.

unlynch teepster

And I swear that I copy and pasted wagon description word for word. And my "ability" is having an affinity for items! When I claimed to have no ability, the mod specifically messaged me and said "Your ability is having an affinity for items."

Reasons why I now trust Teepster: Last night I successfully blocked Teepsters actions with Toy Soldiers. Thus, they could not have wolf-killed someone.

Reasons why I now suspect Hazelmoo: Her copy/pasted description of the wagon does not match the description I received of the wagon. Coincidence? Perhaps. Different type of wagon or item ability? Perhaps. Different mod wrote it? Perhaps. But her narrow wolf escapes does seem to make her a likely convert. Her ability also seems somewhat suspicious, though I think her "soulless devil spawn" character write up was because the original orphan Annie from the movie was a ginger :p

Reasons why I now suspect Stb: Has correctly called out many a wolf, and if she was a wolf and knew who the wolves were she could have thrown them under a bus to protect herself. Claimed to be blocked last night but since no one is claiming a blocking ability and I had the Toy Soldiers which I used to block Teepster, I find this suspect. Unless there are multiple sets of Toy Soldiers per night.

Given this information, I suspect Stb.

1) I got the wagon last night (or recently) and had the same description.

2) Unless someone else has a block, Stb shouldn't have been blocked last night.

lynch STB

Now, anatomy studying for my practical on Friday. I'll check back during my study breaks.

I was blocked last night and this was the description I got:

You have inhaled a toxic substance, contained within a small glass vial, whose fumes are strong enough to knock even a wolf's senses out of whack. The volatile nature of this poison prevents, for one night, the ability of a player.

Sadly you were blocked.

StartingoverVet, Today at 5:41 PM

Since it wasn't the toy soldiers, I'm guessing Ketoone made it.

I was blocked last night and this was the description I got:

You have inhaled a toxic substance, contained within a small glass vial, whose fumes are strong enough to knock even a wolf's senses out of whack. The volatile nature of this poison prevents, for one night, the ability of a player.

Sadly you were blocked.

StartingoverVet, Today at 5:41 PM

Since it wasn't the toy soldiers, I'm guessing Ketoone made it.
@ketoone can you confirm this?

Here's my last topic of discussion. The wolves had a seer, Caiter. Was Devastating the villager equivalent? Or do we still have a villager seer who hasn't owned up to their ability?

Here's my last topic of discussion. The wolves had a seer, Caiter. Was Devastating the villager equivalent? Or do we still have a villager seer who hasn't owned up to their ability?
Well, since I've already said my ability is kill-worthy, I might as well say it. I'm the villager role & ability seer. Devastating was a tracker.

Alice- The girl who wandered into a fantasy world and bravely traverses the craziness with never ending courage and wonder. You are able to look at a player and determine who they are and what they can do.

So you can tell who people are AND what they can do??

So you are the villager seer! What if the wolves knew that and turned you into a wolf? Or what if the mods turned you into a wolf? You would be a good wolf because no one would suspect the village seer.

I wish there were more people to collaborate with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely still a villager.
If the wolves knew I was the villager seer before now, I would be dead.
No one seemed to even suspect that I am the villager seer so your second theory makes no sense.

I agree, we need more people to talk with.

You're right, sorry... I just don't know what to do. What about ketoone? is it possible they are a wolf now? They haven't said much.

Assuming ketoone is the one who made the item last night that blocked me, I think she's still a villager. I say this because she worded it in a way so that it would block a person even if they were a wolf. (strong enough to knock even a wolf's senses out of whack.). I dont think she would have added that as a wolf.

With his hand covered in ants, and squealing like a little girl in pain, Trilt meanwhile is laughing maniacally, enjoying the show, but with a broken knife sticking out of his eye. I mean, this guy just won't die. Even worse, Peter is stomping on all the toy soldiers and it looks like Trilt is REMAKING his ant farm. He will be able to escape lynch after all. In the midst of this mayhem, the hovering wolf enters the tent, quickly understands the situation, and this evil creature who has been hiding in the shadows comes out and quickly kills Peter.

Also, I had assumed the toy soldiers were gone after Peter stomped all over them the night he and Trilt died (Night 4). @Teepster87, can you confirm that you were blocked by toy soldiers last night? Has anyone else had toy soldiers since then or had the toy soldiers block them?

Also, I had assumed the toy soldiers were gone after Peter stomped all over them the night he and Trilt died (Night 4). @Teepster87, can you confirm that you were blocked by toy soldiers last night? Has anyone else had toy soldiers since then or had the toy soldiers block them?

I can confirm that toy soldiers are not gone.

Reactions: 1 users
Welp I'm conflicted. Sorry for essentially outing you as the villager seer Stb... I just decided to work through my logic processes with all of you in the hopes of figuring something out. We need to hear from @ketoone .

I had the toy soldiers (and tried to use them on Pinkpuppy) on the night that Susan silenced everything, then didn't have them the next night, then got them again for the most recent night.

I can confirm that toy soldiers are not gone.
Welp I'm conflicted. Sorry for essentially outing you as the villager seer Stb... I just decided to work through my logic processes with all of you in the hopes of figuring something out. We need to hear from @ketoone .

I had the toy soldiers (and tried to use them on Pinkpuppy) on the night that Susan silenced everything, then didn't have them the next night, then got them again for the most recent night.

Thanks :) I guess the soldiers were tough enough to withstand the trampling.

Unless that's a lie...
lynch STB
Whelp it's not. Sure wish we can screenshot right now!

unlych STB

in the spirit of fall...

pumpkin-cream-cheese-waffles4.jpg

****unlynch

Apparently I can't spell anymore.

It's okay. I'm still more peeved that Caiter pretended to be the village seer and I had to find ways to take her down without giving away my role.

omg I forgot about this...

I don't think PP could have killed you if you weren't naughty!

It's okay. I'm still more peeved that Caiter pretended to be the village seer and I had to find ways to take her down without giving away my role.

Do you mind posting information on what you have found out from previous nights?

Night 1:
The first night I looked at Katashark because she was lynching me with silly reasons that could have applied to most of us. Then when I said I was a little girl protagonist but not in a fairy tale she IMMEDIATELY guessed who I am:
Are you curious? Do you follow rabbits?
Me, being paranoid, immediately assumed she was the Queen of Hearts and was going to kill me. She had mentioned something about her character being related to red. So I looked at her that night and here's what I got:

"Little Red Riding Hood- A well known little girl with a big heart, you are incredibly observant, which can come in quite handy whenever danger lurks around the corner, or in the bed. You and Tiny Tim have teamed up and can ask the Mods a question on odd nights."

This was talking about me looking at LRRH:
One girl crept along trying to figure out the true identity of one of her fellow children. She espied Little Red Riding Hood hiding in a barn, and heard her lamenting the loss of her newly found friend from another world, Tiny Tim. She heard how they had been able to PM with each other, and how they could have decided together how to ask insightful questions. Then she saw Little Red Riding Hood leave a message for the mods in her basket, and she wondered what the mods would answer, because although she couldn't read the message, it seemed like a good idea to get more info.

While she was spying on Little Red Riding Hood, and waiting for the answer to her question, this girl sensed a dark shape suddenly emerging, and all her bravado she had suddenly vanished, and in its place was a deep dark fear. She closed her eyes and hid as best she could, hoping that she was not noticed. After what seemed like days of waiting, the sun started to dawn, and she felt safe to get up. When she did, she noticed that Little Red Riding Hood's basket was gone, and the question unanswered. Little Red Riding Hood was not gone though, she was still there lying there like this:

That's right. Little Red Riding Hood was dead. All this girl could think of was the only death possible for the girl, death by wolves! She ran home and was not sure what to think of this crazy world anymore.

Night 2:
The next day is when Caiter claimed to be the villager role & ability seer. Well that didn't seem right, I'M the villager role & ability seer. But I couldn't just out myself then, I'd be dead before I knew it! I tried each day to support Kam's rally to lynch Caiter without coming across as knowing too much info. But to make sure, I looked at Caiter the second night.

Of course I got nothing:

You do your best get a look at caiter, but you just can't seem to find her.

That was because she was un-seer-able:
The amusingly numbered player was strung up without delay. Her last words were spat at the children as fire licked at her feet. “You will see me again, and when you do, you won’t live to tell the tale!!!!” So it was, that @Caiter92 , the wolf known as Schwarze Mann, the monster who could never be seen, but could see the children just fine, was finally burned at the stake. One child in particular was quite pleased.

Anyway, after many days of fun and games you have finally lynched caiter92, Caiter was able to seer for the wolves, and was unseerable herself. Not a bad role. As for that alpha wolf thing. Um.... No.

Well, I had received the etch a sketch the next night so I decided to contact Kam, but I was nervous about revealing my ability so I sent it anonymously. She already posted the image I sent her saying she was right, Caiter isn't the village seer because I am. Caiter blocked me from seeing their role and ability

Night 3:
I chose to look at PCP because she hadn't said a dang thing about her role. I got this:

"You see that PBC is dead. "

Night 4:
I looked at Devastating because she was one of the few (besides myself) who hadn't role-revealed yet. and this was the message I got:

"Nancy Drew- Teen mystery solver extraordinaire, you can turn stealth to follow anyone and solve the crime. Please submit the name of a player to follow each night"

That's why I've been so sure that Dev was on our side :)

Night 5:
I tried to look at Rockatiel b/c her name kept coming up and I was concerned about the sharp baby teeth/disguised as a wolf theory. Also was concerned about the fact Swini got a message about a "sketchy baby." Of course, this was the night Swini blocked all the actions, so I didn't get any results.

Night 6:
I looked at Pink Puppy just to make sure Kam was telling the truth before we lynched her. I got this:

"Bicho-papão- The Bicho-papão is the embodiment of fear, a mutant creature who can become any form of living being, a spirit or a monstrous animal eating children. It is always lurking and is attracted to naughty children. You are able to kill any naughty children you find (this is in addition to the group kill). However, to avoid detection, you post in the thread as Goldilocks, stating things are just right, too this, too that etc."

Night 7 (last night):

I tried to look at HazelMoo (sorry I was grasping at straws and switched who I was picking a few times), but I was blocked by this:

"You have inhaled a toxic substance, contained within a small glass vial, whose fumes are strong enough to knock even a wolf's senses out of whack. The volatile nature of this poison prevents, for one night, the ability of a player.

Sadly you were blocked."

So, there you have it. That's everything I've learned.

So the wolf is either talkative and sneaky or laying low until we Lynch each other.

I would like to hear from @ketoone with confirmation that she did use an invention to block Stb, though I'm fairly convinced she's telling the truth at this point. Unfortunately that just leaves hmoo as my biggest suspect, and only as a late converted wolf...

I would like to hear from @ketoone with confirmation that she did use an invention to block Stb, though I'm fairly convinced she's telling the truth at this point. Unfortunately that just leaves hmoo as my biggest suspect, and only as a late converted wolf...
I am! I am not even creative enough to try to make that up. And if I did, why would I add the wolf part?

I'm guessing the reason I got blocked was because you asked me out of the blue what my ability was after the pink puppy lynch. I didn't answer because I didn't want the wolf to kill me. I bet they would have too since dev's ability is the closest to mine :( But not answering you probably made ketoone suspicious.

I also want to hear this. Stb's post is believable, but earlier in a write up it said tinker toys were not able to emulate another item ability (therefore no blocking because soldiers already had that ability) and if Ketoone has the same restriction or similar that would be nice to know.

I am! I am not even creative enough to try to make that up. And if I did, why would I add the wolf part?

I'm guessing the reason I got blocked was because you asked me out of the blue what my ability was after the pink puppy lynch. I didn't answer because I didn't want the wolf to kill me. I bet they would have too since dev's ability is the closest to mine :( But not answering you probably made ketoone suspicious.
Either way, you've been a damn clever player, no matter what side you're on :p At this point I honestly believe you're the villager seer, but confirmation would be best since I can't really trust my gut (SFSteph is the prime example of that, though I was suspicious of PP9 from the get-go)

I also want to hear this. Stb's post is believable, but earlier in a write up it said tinker toys were not able to emulate another item ability (therefore no blocking because soldiers already had that ability) and if Ketoone has the same restriction or similar that would be nice to know.
Her role description says she can't repeat in function but says nothing about not copying a different item's ability. I think it would make it pretty dang difficult for her to come up with items every night if she couldn't copy similar abilities from other items. Or its possible she got around the rule by saying her fumes blocked a person's ability instead of all night actions (like the toy soldiers).

"The eldest of three orphaned siblings, you enjoy inventing creative things to help you in the problems life is constantly throwing at you. You can invent one item each night that cannot repeat in function and will only live one night. Please designate who gets this item or you may keep it to use for yourself. (Same night use for you to keep, next night use if designated). We also reserve the right to disqualify an item, because you know, we are mods."

Hey, I see some speculating as to what happened in tonight's events so I thought I'd clarify.

Yes, I blocked Stb. It was admittedly an arbitrary decision and I regret it. I've been so busy with midterms this week that I've been doing a pretty crappy job even keeping up with the thread the past two days or so and, when I saw that we were getting night actions in early tonight, it caught me off-guard. I was the last one to get an action in and so I felt like I was holding up the game. I kinda just quickly made up an item because I felt badly that everyone was waiting on me for close tonight. I chose a blocking item, and I was torn between using it on Teepster and Stb. I thought about making another killing item, but I decided not to do so in case I was wrong since blocking is a temporary thing whereas death (typically) isn't. I completely forgot that Stb has basically confirmed herself to be Alice. That was my fault. I really should have gone for someone else, but I needed to get an item in so that SOV could wrap things up so I sort of just haphazardly put the gas together at the last second.

Basically, things have been crazy, I haven't been able to check in as much, and I've not been keeping up-to-date with game happenings as well as I was at the beginning. I know I've rambled a bit in this post and it's probably a flimsy excuse at best, but I do feel genuinely bad about it. I just wanted to explain myself and why I made the decision I did. I admit it was a mistake of mine.

I'm sorry, Stb.

I can't confirm that I was blocked by toy soldiers last night. I picked devastating to use my ability with and since she died I had no action take place.

Just got back from The Martian (very good) and had a very large bowl of pho, I'll try to look over everything I missed before the food coma sets in and add any commentary I might have to add.

Hey, I see some speculating as to what happened in tonight's events so I thought I'd clarify.

Yes, I blocked Stb. It was admittedly an arbitrary decision and I regret it. I've been so busy with midterms this week that I've been doing a pretty crappy job even keeping up with the thread the past two days or so and, when I saw that we were getting night actions in early tonight, it caught me off-guard. I was the last one to get an action in and so I felt like I was holding up the game. I kinda just quickly made up an item because I felt badly that everyone was waiting on me for close tonight. I chose a blocking item, and I was torn between using it on Teepster and Stb. I thought about making another killing item, but I decided not to do so in case I was wrong since blocking is a temporary thing whereas death (typically) isn't. I completely forgot that Stb has basically confirmed herself to be Alice. That was my fault. I really should have gone for someone else, but I needed to get an item in so that SOV could wrap things up so I sort of just haphazardly put the gas together at the last second.

Basically, things have been crazy, I haven't been able to check in as much, and I've not been keeping up-to-date with game happenings as well as I was at the beginning. I know I've rambled a bit in this post and it's probably a flimsy excuse at best, but I do feel genuinely bad about it. I just wanted to explain myself and why I made the decision I did. I admit it was a mistake of mine.

I'm sorry, Stb.

Well there you have it, guys! I was indeed blocked last night. Thank you for clearing that up, Ketoone.
I can forgive you (especially if you were to find a way to protect me tonight if we don't figure out the [hopefully] last wolf...;))

Unofficial Lynch Tally Day 8(?):

Hmoo: (1)
Teep,
Teep: (0) ,
Stb: (1) Hmoo,

2/6 voting. Missing Swini, Kcough, Stb, ketoone

So.. What about kcoughli? She was the one I least suspected since we're supposed to be in the same group character wise but wouldn't that also make a good convert? Someone we were like "oh she's wish a 4 she's not a wolf"

Or is it a Dwight Schrute thing where it's never the person you most or least suspect--it's always the person you most medium suspect

Well, right now, my biggest suspect is you, swini.
Teep & I were blocked. I already hashed it out with Hazel and I feel pretty certain based on her reaction that she's a villager. Ketoone wrote in her blocking item to try to block a wolf so I don't think she was one either. That leaves you and kcough. I will address why I don't think its kcough.

Last night I tried to go back and read the last few days to find where we may have had a conversion. This is the only instance that caught my eye:
Night 5 Results.

Night begins, people are getting ready to do their stuff when a horn sounds. Everyone knows what that means. They all go back to their beds and go to sleep.

Nothing has occurred this night. Nothing has changed. Or has it?

Back to lynching.
The night you blew your horn no one was able to do any ability or use any items except you. The mods said in a later write up that the horn had some powerful magic. I think it changed you.

So, I went through and read the comments from each of the remaining players since the horn blowing and you're the only one that through up red flags in my mind.

After you admitted to being the horn-blower, I noticed a change in your game tactics. You've been more active since then for one. Once Kam outed herself and pink, Kcough was one of the ones who wanted to lynch Pink first, so this makes me less suspect of her. You were very insistent on chaos needing to be gone asap - I think you were worried about her stealing your wolfy shadow.

So if we're just lynching PinkPuppy today we should discuss who we should get tomorrow if there is an extra wolf.

***Lynch PinkPuppy***
I'm still suspicious. It can't be that easy.
The next day it was clear we all needed to lynch Pink (she pretty much admitted defeat) and sticking up for her would have definitely made it clear who the wolf was. You were the one who seemed almost sure there was another wolf and wanted to start discussion about who is next. I think this was a tactic to make us start thinking a villager was actually a wolf. As the person who started the discussion, you were hoping we wouldn't think you were actually the wolf.

I'm between Stb teep and hazel but I don't have any information. I'll have to go back and look more
After PP was lynched and we all knew their was another wolf, you thought it was me, teep and hazel. We now know it wasn't me or teep. I'll admit I was suspicious of hazel at first but she has convinced me otherwise now. You jumped on the chance to lynch me as soon as someone came up with a reason (since kcough blocked teep kcough thought I was lying about being blocked).

Now you're moving onto Kcough just based on the fact that the one you least suspect is guilty?

Besides kcough wanting to lynch pink before kam, she also is the one who told us teep couldn't be the wolf because she blocked him. Why would she clear someone's name if she was the wolf? This same thing applies to Ketoone, why would she clear my name if she was the wolf? I would think the wolf would want everyone besides her to be a possible suspect.

now, Kcough did pretty much force me to admit I am the village seer but I don't think it dawned on her that that's what I was until this post:

I think the fact you keep saying the wolf must be someone who act like this....or is doing this or that is to deflect us from suspecting you. Unlike everyone else, I also can't find any supporting information since the night 4 horn blowing incidence that you are a villager.

Lynch Swini