WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If ANY of you noobs mention:

1. That someone is "engaged in conversation"
2. When someone was last online
3. That someone has their "status" blocked
4. That someone isn't responding within 10 minutes
5. Or start demanding a role title/ability...

I will lynch you with the fury of 1,000 lynches....

You have been warned.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users

You have been warned.
seriously. This type of gameplay always fails in the end.

Reactions: 1 user

You have been warned.
I second this emotion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I didn't want to out myself, but once I turned, I didn't actually want to lynch Caiter...so once we'd stacked a whole mess of votes up in her favor, I tried to subtly throw out Steph's name to suggest we could leave Caiter for the next day and then help to push that ball down the hill. Sorry Steph! And I'd gotten so many fun toys to play with the night Swini put the kibosh on everyone's moves...I was stealing Ketoone's shadow and had a few days worth of lynch-bombs in the works to throw everyone off track. But you guys killed me before I got to get into the real fun!

Next time, though.....:shifty:

I was so freaking shocked when you went for SF instead of me in the Max debacle. And then a couple days later when you voted to lynch... Hmoo, I think?... instead of Pinkpuppy, I about fell over reading it.

Well, I didn't want to out myself, but once I turned, I didn't actually want to lynch Caiter...so once we'd stacked a whole mess of votes up in her favor, I tried to subtly throw out Steph's name to suggest we could leave Caiter for the next day and then help to push that ball down the hill. Sorry Steph! And I'd gotten so many fun toys to play with the night Swini put the kibosh on everyone's moves...I was stealing Ketoone's shadow and had a few days worth of lynch-bombs in the works to throw everyone off track. But you guys killed me before I got to get into the real fun!

Next time, though.....:shifty:

Before people started getting suspicious of you, we had planned on converting you to a wolf once you'd gotten me lynched and giving you my ability. Partly for ****s and giggles, and because no one would expect the person who had tried to hard for days to get me lynched to end up as the wolf seer :D

I was so freaking shocked when you went for SF instead of me in the Max debacle. And then a couple days later when you voted to lynch... Hmoo, I think?... instead of Pinkpuppy, I about fell over reading it.

Still find it hilarious you managed to get them to lynch them instead of you. And that you apparently write more like Lupin than Lupin haha

Haha yeah, we thought we were wasting pps naughty kill when we tried for her, and then it worked. We were quite surprised.

Also, I KNEW YOU WERE CHAOS KAM haha

I thought about seering you again once Peter Pan died and we found out he was chaos, but we had other people we weren't sure of their role yet so I didn't. Totally should have. No one would have believed me though, because by that time it was very obvious I was a lying liar who lied :p haha

Thanks for a fun game Lupin and SOV!

Haha yeah I figured you knew, and I actually thought it would help to protect me...as long as you guys suspected but the villagers didn't, I wouldn't get lynched OR wolf killed! Shows me, huh?

Before people started getting suspicious of you, we had planned on converting you to a wolf once you'd gotten me lynched and giving you my ability. Partly for ****s and giggles, and because no one would expect the person who had tried to hard for days to get me lynched to end up as the wolf seer :D

I wish I could double like this.

I was devastated when it turned out that you were the wolf. I just sat there mouth agape when I read it
Same when I found out all my theories about Steph were wrong while Trilt had slipped by and played us

81f47ce835346a25d4ae49738c1b52da1f0539732352ee44e0b467a0ce6a0cec.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

To be fair, Hmoo WAS a wolf at that point :p

Also, that's why I silenced myself...figured it was better to leave you all to your own devices than to risk tipping my hat.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Lupin21 @StartingoverVet
I bring you game mechanic questions:
Somewhere up there it was mentioned that conversion was "one of" the actions that could not be stopped by Susan's horn. What were the others?
Would you have allowed ketoone to make a resurrection item? Did you have any specific things that weren't allowed?

Also, that's why I silenced myself...figured it was better to leave you all to your own devices than to risk tipping my hat.
I don't know if anyone else called it. But I called it. The timing was TOO convenient :p

Reactions: 1 users
Deaded
12 - Chordata25, Tiny Tim
3- katashark, Little Red Riding Hood
1- Lady of the Farm, Huck Finn
17 - klmn87, Matilda
4- alohacat319, Dorothy
21 - Vdubs03, Edmund
23- heyyimhayley, Mare
5 - PrincessButterCup (PBC), Peter Pan
2- finnickthedog, Peter
Trilt, Krampus
13- Caiter92, Schwartze Mann.
7- Kam325, Wendy

22 - SFsteph, Max
14- rockatiel, Sunny
mouse2106, Klauus Baudelair
11 - @pinkpuppy9, Bicho-papão

Devastating, Nancy Drew.
Also, whoop whoop last to die :banana:

Somewhere up there it was mentioned that conversion was "one of" the actions that could not be stopped by Susan's horn. What were the others?
Would you have allowed ketoone to make a resurrection item? Did you have any specific things that weren't allowed?

I don't know if anyone else called it. But I called it. The timing was TOO convenient :p
HEY!!!! That's my thing!!

Wait....I don't have to talk like that anymore?!

Conversion was the only thing not affected because it was not an ability, it was a mechanic. I would not have allowed a rez item seeing as the village had two through Kcough and Sfef. Tinker toys could not emulate the same basic ability of any item in play.

Conversion was the only thing not affected because it was not an ability, it was a mechanic. I would not have allowed a rez item seeing as the village had two through Kcough and Sfef. Tinker toys could not emulate the same basic ability of any item in play.
Oh, and if you were to not allow an item, would you have told her so she could try something else, or told her with night results that it didn't work?

Yeah, I'd thought about making a resurrection item at a couple of points but ultimately didn't go for it because I assumed it wouldn't be kosher. Heh. I still remember my shock the night that SF was lynched when I was told that I could make a killing item. Was a no-brainer who to choose to use it on, though. :shifty:

... I knew it -___-
I would rather have died than been silenced again! SOOOO frustrating!

Yeah, I'd thought about making a resurrection item at a couple of points but ultimately didn't go for it because I assumed it wouldn't be kosher. Heh. I still remember my shock the night that SF was lynched when I was told that I could make a killing item. Was a no-brainer who to choose to use it on, though. :shifty:

015640498_hand_heart_300x300_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

PS: We had zero idea villagers could have killing powers at that time. Would have been a great thing to ask our mentors, but we had seered and/or killed quite a few people with nobody having something like that, so it didn't even cross my mind. Would have made a protection item for overnight (that wouldn't have worked anyway!)

I was so excited to kill you Trilt. I knew SF was going to end up innocent and I was so excited to finally kill someone. You can smile imagining the crushed look on my face when I read that not only had I died but someone else kilt you. Such sadness.

Buuut I guess thats what I get for not batting harder to save Steph.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha OMG, did you really?

The thought crossed my mind (like wz said, too convient) that you had or were pretending, but I figured someone just did it to you to blame me for it to get them to finally lynch me.

Haha OMG, did you really?

The thought crossed my mind (like wz said, too convient) that you had or were pretending, but I figured someone just did it to you to blame me for it to get them to finally lynch me.

Yep, it was 100% :bullcrap:

Homework assignment: All noobs must read more game threads :prof:
I tried to, at the beginning of this! I don't think it is even comprehensible how difficult it is to read those threads when you have no idea what is going on. Especially because they're SO long and a ton of them have game mechanics that weren't relevant to this one (like electing a mayor). I could probably gain a lot more from doing so, now, so I'll have to while waiting for the next game (which, hopefully might be soon? I'm on an easy block next, and definitely don't need to study for the NAVLE...

I was so excited to kill you Trilt. I knew SF was going to end up innocent and I was so excited to finally kill someone. You can smile imagining the crushed look on my face when I read that not only had I died but someone else kilt you. Such sadness.

Buuut I guess thats what I get for not batting harder to save Steph.
That write-up had to be one of the best in the game. I definitely got called out by one of my clinicians for having a **** eating grin on my face while reading it during rounds... I also was definitely the first of the wolves to suggest killing you that night, too, so sorry about that. :p

That write-up had to be one of the best in the game. I definitely got called out by one of my clinicians for having a **** eating grin on my face while reading it during rounds...

This made me laugh so hard I almost choked on my drink just now.

I tried to, at the beginning of this! I don't think it is even comprehensible how difficult it is to read those threads when you have no idea what is going on. Especially because they're SO long and a ton of them have game mechanics that weren't relevant to this one (like electing a mayor). I could probably gain a lot more from doing so, now, so I'll have to while waiting for the next game (which, hopefully might be soon? I'm on an easy block next, and definitely don't need to study for the NAVLE...
I think the only game thread i had read before playing my first game was the very first game that was played in Pre-vet. That one wasn't too hard to understand! But I had also played Mafia before so I had a little bit of background knowledge. You probably will get more out of reading the threads now :)

I guess this game taught me how to not get too defensive even when I know I'm right lol.
Its hard for me, sometimes my sass just comes out and I can't stop it.
When's the next game guys ?

This same person then made a post in the wolf spreadsheet with the preface, "this may be strategy, but.... "blah blah blah. If you "think something may be strategy", then DON"T FREAKING POST IT WITHOUT CHECKING. I mean, how disrespectful is that.

Wow. I have struggled to understand why people can't just keep their mouths shut, but to say "this may be strategy" .... that's conscious, intentional action with someone who obviously had at least a passing "oops, this may violate the rules" thought.

People, c'mon. Be mature. Once you're dead, you're not part of the game. It's that simple. If you truly really honestly struggle to see the line between harmless cheering and strategy - then just DON'T POST ANYTHING. There should be no gray zone. It should be 100% crystal clear to absolutely everybody that it's just cheering. If even one player reads it and says "hmmmmmm...... maybe that means <X>" then you've crossed the line.

Really disappointed this happened after the really high number of warnings from people.

Homework assignment: All noobs must read more game threads :prof:

I think it's more fun when they don't. They get to figure all the things out for themselves .... maybe they think of a different way to approach something .... reading the game threads just brings them up to speed too quickly. :)