WW Game of Thrones.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a Wiki of Ice and Fire, thank god! For anyone else who needs some background info, I suggest you start there :D

Members don't see this ad.

oh FYI, I am going to see Hunger Games at 4 (I just finished the books, now I want to re-watch the movie) and then dinner after. We are going to the next town over so I won't be home until close to the end of the night.

plz feel free to interpret the write ups aloud for us non-games of thrones folk. i tried to wiki it real quick to get a feel, and i hadda close the window after skimming a couple paragraphs cause it was so not straightforward. all i got that it's from back in the middle ages and has something to do with incest. way too many names to keep track of.

Yeah, I agree with Lissa - it really isn't something that you can get a full handle on from just quickly reading a wiki. It's 5 very large books, with TONS of characters and plot lines that twist and intertwine with each other. The world Martin created is brilliant but complicated.

And yes. Lissa and I, at least, are nerds. We will happily help out the GoT noobs :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we can only send messages to one person at a time should we send one to you dyachei and the same thing to cuitlamiztl?

All of us can send multiple PMs except you since you just joined the site. Ask IPB for advice about how she did it since she was just in your situation.

All of us can send multiple PMs except you since you just joined the site. Ask IPB for advice about how she did it since she was just in your situation.
I told IPB to send a PM to "LEE", the moderator extraordinaire. I don't know if that helped, or if IPB just was around long enough that it changed. Probably the latter.

And yes. Lissa and I, at least, are nerds. We will happily help out the GoT noobs :D

I don't consider myself a nerd in general but when it comes to GoT that's another story;), so I am happy to help too.

And SOV, I think IPB said her PM capabilities increased exactly one month after she joined.

Man 11 pm... My posts may be very entertaining come 11 pm.

Winter is coming.

I've been a member over a year and a half now and I still can only PM max 5 people every 5 min. Ugh.

I think you have to donate to improve that. I bit the bullet and did it just for WW. Need intervention!

Ewwwww dothraki people do it in front of everyone.

Good to be trying to rush reading this thing.

Yep. It was definitely worth it to pay the money and be a mod. I nearly had 1500 messages received and sent

Ewwwww dothraki people do it in front of everyone.
Please try to be respectful of other cultures. One day you may find yourself enjoying these rituals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please try to be respectful of other cultures. One day you may find yourself enjoying these rituals.

Oh dorthraki clan (my own group), please allow me to apologize for my rudeness and take my horse and make me walk behind you. I have caused you all much shame.

Oh dorthraki clan (my own group), please allow me to apologize for my rudeness and take my horse and make me walk behind you. I have caused you all much shame.
I approve of this message:D

Ah. So that's what I need to do to expand how many people I can PM. Is there an amount we have to donate?? I'm still stuck at the 5 every 5 min as well.
Well, the gold level 1500 pm inbox is $40 for two years right now.
For more than that it's $250 for lifetime.
Click the shield to learn more.

I also increased my PMs by donating. It was annoying to only PM half my group. Sent a txt to hubby: Spending $40 on SDN. It's a good cause. Supports students. And no, it's not for WW. Don't judge :)

I think you have to donate to improve that. I bit the bullet and did it just for WW. Need intervention!

Just FYI - I've never donated and don't have that restriction. I just discovered that I can PM my entire group. I'm guessing it has something to do with how long I've been a member? I know that doesn't really help anyone, but just pointing out that donating isn't the only way to lift that restriction.

Just FYI - I've never donated and don't have that restriction. I just discovered that I can PM my entire group. I'm guessing it has something to do with how long I've been a member? I know that doesn't really help anyone, but just pointing out that donating isn't the only way to lift that restriction.

Also good to know. So by the time my membership runs out I'll have been here two years and then I will still be able to pm lots. I like this plan.

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that older members were grandfathered in to avoid the restrictions.. So I don't think if you wait around a long time it will change. Only way to upgrade these days is to pony up the dough.

Personally I like the idea of killings at weddings. I know there are some people in my family I would have wanted to kill at past weddings. :eek:

Anyone know if the $20 one would suffice?? It gets you a larger inbox so I would think that it would.

Just a little tight on money with getting slammed with two deposits, credit card bill and possibly a deposit for rent sometime soon. But not being able to a PM my entire group is really annoying.

I have concluded that Dyachei's 4 groups with 7-8 people set-up is an INTERNET SCAM. She is just raising money for SDN for their evil plot to start paying the moderators, so they can "spend more time moderating".

I KNOW it is true, because I read it on the internet.

And if we are not careful, they will have so much power that they will BAN WW games! :eek:

The horror. The horror.

Anyone know if the $20 one would suffice?? It gets you a larger inbox so I would think that it would.

Just a little tight on money with getting slammed with two deposits, credit card bill and possibly a deposit for rent sometime soon. But not being able to a PM my entire group is really annoying.

Is that the Bronze Donor? Works for me.

Goddamnit orca2011 is in my group. NOT Emiloo.

Good to know. We still have the dream team group

I have concluded that Dyachei's 4 groups with 7-8 people set-up is an INTERNET SCAM. She is just raising money for SDN for their evil plot to start paying the moderators, so they can "spend more time moderating".

I KNOW it is true, because I read it on the internet.

And if we are not careful, they will have so much power that they will BAN WW games! :eek:

The horror. The horror.

:laugh: I was just thinking that WW is making SDN a lot of money, haha.

Goddamnit orca2011 is in my group. NOT Emiloo.

Good to know. We still have the dream team group

TOO MANY PEOPLE! haha you know this is going to confuse me TW!

MAOF fo life :cool:

I'm a big fan of this plan. :D WW shall pay my way through medical school.

:laugh: I was just thinking that WW is making SDN a lot of money, haha.
It totally is. I'm resisting so far, but it's tough. I mean, if I could play while only able to PM one person at a time, being able to PM five should be easy-peasy, right? :laugh: Yeah...

"Well I did poorly on this test because I was online playing WW. But really it's all a ploy to get people to give money to SDN so they can start paying me the big bucks. Plus it's a medical-y website." I think my professors and deans would so buy it.

TOO MANY PEOPLE! haha you know this is going to confuse me TW!

MAOF fo life :cool:

MAOF for life!

God I remember how much it sucked to pm the raiders. It's like that all over again

:yawn: get those PMs in people!!!

So if I donate I should be able to pm more than one person at a time. That would make life a little easier. Decisions decisions...

I don't think that will make night end any sooner, it depends on when dyachei gets home from work I think

Blergh. I suppose. Doesn't make me any happier about it :p

Man... I just want to be reading GoT right now... not doing laundry and trying to pack 4 years of my life into a storage unit.... :eek:

Man... I just want to be reading GoT right now... not doing laundry and trying to pack 4 years of my life into a storage unit.... :eek:

Drinking while you pack = way more fun :laugh:

it's not even the grandfather anything because grandfathering was many years ago. Not 2. it's that the website has some glitches that work in our favor. some people have various restrictions lifted just by pure good luck. just be careful about broadcasting it, lee might hear and take it away.

for example I've never had a restriction on my avatar size. neither before donating or after. But donating did let me have gifs

Drinking while you pack = way more fun :laugh:

going out for fishbowls later... then graduation celebration at the bar. then somehow waking up early, packing a ton of stuff, and driving two hours to pick up the moms and brother by 2.... but it should be a fun friday!