WW: Mysterious Planet Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LIS, are you stuck posting pics for the whole game?

Members don't see this ad.

Afro-shaking-head-no.gif

I think he can only talk with post pad the entire game

I have a feeling that role might have been tailored for him.

Poor poor LIS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought we weren't allowed to spam the thread with memes because of the number of players?

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when I try to catch up on the thread and I have to go through memes, plus people reposting the same memes?

I thought we weren't allowed to spam the thread with memes because of the number of players?

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when I try to catch up on the thread and I have to go through memes, plus people reposting the same memes?

Uh, not if that's his only way of communication......

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

If I miss something important, it is usually because I have 5 minutes to check the thread and I spend most of my time trying to scroll past the memes.
I thought this is why someone started the Meme Wars thread.
But whatevs.

I do not even want to go back and verify that on the other game thread... because there are too many memes and it is going to take me a while. :rolleyes:
I just thought I read somewhere that it was a rule... or perhaps someone was joking about it. Who knows.

I do not even want to go back and verify that on the other game thread... because there are too many memes and it is going to take me a while. :rolleyes:
I just thought I read somewhere that it was a rule... or perhaps someone was joking about it. Who knows.

It's allowable in cases where the poster has no other way to communicate. :) Like the Post Pad item, or the Illusion item in the X-Men game. We're pretty sure LIS either has a role or item that is only allowing him to post in pictures. :)

Yes. There was a game not too long ago where the thread went OFF TOPIC and people were posting a bunch of OFF TOPIC memes that took up around 4-5 pages. That should not happen.

But LIS can only talk in memes. That's part of his role this game. :confused:

Yes. There was a game not too long ago where the thread went OFF TOPIC and people were posting a bunch of OFF TOPIC memes that took up around 4-5 pages. That should not happen.

Which one was that? I never had memes to post bc im always on this blasted phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's allowable in cases where the poster has no other way to communicate. :) Like the Post Pad item, or the Illusion item in the X-Men game. We're pretty sure LIS either has a role or item that is only allowing him to post in pictures. :)

That I can understand.

But it is a pet peeve of mine when people quote the meme and that meme shows up 10x in the thread.
It just makes it more difficult to follow what is going on. If I didn't work every day and had more time to browse the thread, I really could care less.

Then how do we quote LIS?

I get what you're saying, but game mechanics, ya know. I wouldn't know why people were mentioning snow cube infinity (which I think is he's in a snow box for the rest of the game, but that's my take on it!)

Which one was that? I never had memes to post bc im always on this blasted phone.

I honestly can't remember. I think it was clue, because as the mod I had to ask people to calm down with the memes because I could not find votes and stuff.

Emoticons/pictures/etc as part of a role or item are allowed. There should not be any continuous posting of memes that are off topic. If there is one or two I won't throw a fit, but if it fills up multiple pages that is a problem.

Thanks. :)

Then how do we quote LIS?

I get what you're saying, but game mechanics, ya know. I wouldn't know why people were mentioning snow cube infinity (which I think is he's in a snow box for the rest of the game, but that's my take on it!)

No what LIS said is -

1st picture - Let It Snow - his name

2nd picture - has for infinity

3rd picture - post pad

So.... LIS has post pad indefinitely.... at least that is my take

:D

I honestly can't remember. I think it was clue, because as the mod I had to ask people to calm down with the memes because I could not find votes and stuff.

Emoticons/pictures/etc as part of a role or item are allowed. There should not be any continuous posting of memes that are off topic. If there is one or two I won't throw a fit, but if it fills up multiple pages that is a problem.

Thanks. :)

:thumbup:
I can live with that.:)
This would be an appropriate time for me to post a Haters Gonna Hate (Memes) meme. But I shall resist and go back to my mundane of task of looking up apple harvest times.

Aha!

:bow:

So a box is a post pad? I don't even know what a post pad looks like. This is probably why I dislike the item.

Wtf is a post pad?

It is a thread in The Lounge ("Wolf's Den") where people post a lot of pics and emoticons, so it became an item in one of SOV's games as a tribute and now looks like perhaps a role.

The person inflicted can only speak in pictures or emoticons.

Wtf is a post pad?

When I looked it up, it was padding on a football goal post.

Take that, sns! Now thats the mental image I'll get every time someone mentions it.

I was kind of hoping it would be an item, not a role. It seems like it would be fun to have...for a little while, anyway.

The infinity makes it seem more role-like, though.

I was kind of hoping it would be an item, not a role. It seems like it would be fun to have...for a little while, anyway.

I can assure you it isn't all that fun, even for a lil while. Especially on a phone!

It started while I was at work and there were already 4 pages? (on my phone at least).

Will vote soon. Have to look again what area I'm in. Haha

When did Nyanko do x files?! Now I'm sad to have missed out

elect zanydogz, swamp

I have nothing against you Sheepdog, but I figured why not make the dogs battle it out for leader of the swamp :smuggrin:

I would have liked to be leader, but Lissa already has 4 (?) votes or something, so I'll just go with that. I like her style.

*****elect Lissa, desert*****

It is a thread in The Lounge ("Wolf's Den") where people post a lot of pics and emoticons, so it became an item in one of SOV's games as a tribute and now looks like perhaps a role.

The person inflicted can only speak in pictures or emoticons.

Thanks for clearing this up. :thumbup:

To keep the competition up in my group, vote Abney as swamp leader. :D

elect Emiloo , desert

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Wait 4 leaders?!?! This game is going to be epic, I can feel it.

Since SnS will win, guess there's no sense in voting for myself. She knows waaaay more about these games and styles of play, and I always get lynched first :laugh:
So...

elect SnS

Sheeps, that swampdog avatar looks gross. :laugh:

LIS you have a post pad role? That's freakin' awesome! :love:

Sheeps, that swampdog avatar looks gross. :laugh:

Blame SnS and DVMD, they are the ones who started calling me swampdog instead of sheepdog:D

Who better to be the leader of the swamp than a swampdog? Don't make me start making empty promises to get votes, because you know I will

So, I know we all like using abbreviations for names in the list, but it's making it hard for me to find peoples' correct usernames :p I'm having to go back to the signup thread and find their post to get their actual username. Any shorter way to do this?

So, I know we all like using abbreviations for names in the list, but it's making it hard for me to find peoples' correct usernames :p I'm having to go back to the signup thread and find their post to get their actual username. Any shorter way to do this?

If you go back to the main pre-vet sdn page and click on the number of replies next to this thread it will give you the full names of everyone who posted in this thread.