WW: Mysterious Planet Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, since we have some more noobs in here, I am gonna go on my "Tips and Tricks of WW" deal.

1) DO NOT reveal your role unless you have a very good reason to trust someone. Anyone can be a wolf.

2) Seers - clear someone in YOUR GROUP first. Then, you will have the ability to communicate with them and you can pass along your findings. The worst thing in the world is for a seer to do a bunch of clearances, and then be killed and have no one who knew who they seered and what the outcome was.

3) DO NOT lynch people just for being quiet. This is a strategy that almost never works. People may be busy or tired, not necessarily wolfy and afraid to post. Lynching someone just because they are being quiet is a poor decision.

4) Conversions may happen in this game. If a night cycle passes with no one dead, it is presumed either there was a failed attack or a conversion. Keep this in mind with whom you trust with information.

5) Lastly, don't post just for the sake of posting. There is nothing worse than a thread full of "I dunno who to lynch boo hoo hoo" Unless you have something to contribute, don't clog it up. Maybe this is a persoanl pet peeve of mine, but I see it all the time in games - people post a bunch of gibberish and memes and complaints about not knowing who to lynch just for the sake of not appearing too quiet (see #3). Then we have to wade through pages and pages of nothing and may miss specific strategic points or wolf mess-ups.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and 7) (keep forgetting) These groups are NOT "teams". The goal is not to have all of your "group" alive at the end. There may be a wolf anywhere within any group. Do not be afraid to lynch a groupmate if there is due cause. You have no loyalty to them. Groups are only a method of communication.

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

krist 2 (krist, mrskrist)

TW 3 (TW, FTB, abber)

Swamp Leader:

Sheepdog 4 (swampdog, LIS, Abney, WTF)

zanydogz 1 (varz)

Abney 1 (JMJ)

Desert Leader:

Lissarae06 5 (Lissa, FTB, SOV, cuitl, PetPony)

Emiloo 2 (Trematode, jamrock)

Devyn 1 (Devyn)

Tundra Leader:

SnS 6 (Katie 8, equineconstant, nohika, SnS, HoH, wolfspeaker)

Happy Voting!! :)

the only other game I played didn't have "group" leaders. Just one king. But I did lurk around the lounge zombie game. Are the leaders able to talk to each other like in that one is that how that works?

elect emiloo for desert.....She's played a lot of games and generally seems to follow them pretty well.

Ok, since we have some more noobs in here, I am gonna go on my "Tips and Tricks of WW" deal.

1) DO NOT reveal your role unless you have a very good reason to trust someone. Anyone can be a wolf.

2) Seers - clear someone in YOUR GROUP first. Then, you will have the ability to communicate with them and you can pass along your findings. The worst thing in the world is for a seer to do a bunch of clearances, and then be killed and have no one who knew who they seered and what the outcome was.

3) DO NOT lynch people just for being quiet. This is a strategy that almost never works. People may be busy or tired, not necessarily wolfy and afraid to post. Lynching someone just because they are being quiet is a poor decision.

4) Conversions may happen in this game. If a night cycle passes with no one dead, it is presumed either there was a failed attack or a conversion. Keep this in mind with whom you trust with information.

5) Lastly, don't post just for the sake of posting. There is nothing worse than a thread full of "I dunno who to lynch boo hoo hoo" Unless you have something to contribute, don't clog it up. Maybe this is a persoanl pet peeve of mine, but I see it all the time in games - people post a bunch of gibberish and memes and complaints about not knowing who to lynch just for the sake of not appearing too quiet (see #3). Then we have to wade through pages and pages of nothing and may miss specific strategic points or wolf mess-ups.
I disagree with everything WTF said here.

Just kidding, but really, don't trust anything anyone says. Especially WTF. :laugh:

Just kidding, but really, don't trust anything anyone says. Especially WTF. :laugh:

images

;)

Gah, we're going! I wasn't sure if was really going to start today; I don't have my excel sheet ready yet. Better get on that! :laugh:

I think it would be awesome to be a leader in this game! But there are already two candidates for Forest, so I don't think anyone will vote for me... So I'll go with the candidate that is in my group and I know she can handle a ton of PMs without a problem. :)

elect TW, forest

Members don't see this ad :)

And there's always the fake investigation thing too. It's so sad for the villagers when they think they can trust someone (and really sad when it's the first person they check out! :smuggrin: )

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

TW 3 (TW, FTB, abber)

Swamp Leader:

Sheepdog 4 (swampdog, LIS, Abney, WTF)

zanydogz 1 (varz)

Abney 1 (JMJ)

Desert Leader:

Emiloo 2 (Trematode, jamrock)

Devyn 1 (Devyn)

Tundra Leader:

You missed my vote for TigerWillow, Forest :(

And there's always the fake investigation thing too. It's so sad for the villagers when they think they can trust someone (and really sad when it's the first person they check out! :smuggrin: )

The last Tortall WW game was a huge fake investigation cluster****.

If you fool us that way a second time, then I may have to start voting to lynch you first in every game. ;)

elect emiloo for desert.....She's played a lot of games and generally seems to follow them pretty well.

Holy SHIZ we started?! :eek:
I'm making a liar out of you heylodeb :laugh:

elect emiloo for desert leader (if we can vote for ourselves:confused: - sorry I'm busy at work so haven't had time to read much).

:laugh: That was a great game to read. TW you had them so fooled!

Thank you :love: but my defense was quite weak in the end. I think I just laughed and devyn just rolled her eyes.

Sooooo when do we officially end this voting stuffs? I don't really know what's plurality!

Do we even use plurality(took me 4 times to get that typed right!) when electing leaders? Seeing as how a lot of people haven't had a chance to come on and even see the game has started? Is there every waffling for a leader? :shrug:

There is always waffling!

And sometimes a campaign will shift the leader voting.

That's true. I just could never remember.

I promise nothing as a forest leader. I am honest and truthful and keep my promises (bc I shall make none!)

This is the Mysterious World WW MOD TRACKER post. I will update it with mod posts for lynch votes, lynch results, and nighttime results.

My suggestion is you bookmark the post (click on this link and then bookmark the window/tab that opens up) for future quick reference.

This post is mod-approved.

D1: Opening post and leader vote and leader results and mod-tracker post
N1: Results (Cuitlamiztli killed)
D2: Lynch vote and results (Wolfspeaker killed)
N2: Results (no death)
D3: Lynch vote and results (Squirrelsrule killed)
N3: Results (Cuitlamiztli resurrected, IPB killed, Abney killed)
D4: Results (Kakurubird killed)
N4: Results (no death)
D5: Results (no death)
N5: Results (Devyn killed)
D6: Lynch vote and results (WTF killed)
N6: Results (MrsSOV killed, LIS killed)
D7: Lynch vote and results (JMJ killed)
N7: Results (Abbercadaver killed)
D8: Lynch vote and results (Equineconstant killed)
N8: Results (Krist killed)
D9: Lynch vote and results (Saltz killed)
N9: Results (Nohika killed, TW killed)
D10: Lynch vote and results (PetPony killed). Forest leader election results (Packen elected)
N10: Results (Dyachei killed)
D11: Lynch vote and results (Heylodeb killed)
N11: Results (Minnerbelle killed)
D12: Results (MrsKrist/Foxhunter killed)
N12: Results (Jamr0ckin killed)
D13: Results (FTB killed)
N13: Results (no death)
D14: Lynch vote and results (Cuitlamiztli killed, Katie8sMate killed)
N14: Results (no death)
D15: Lynch vote and results (SnS killed)
N15: Results (Philliab killed, Holdonhope killed, Katie8 killed)
D16: Lynch vote and results (Orca2011 killed)
N16: Results (no death)
D17: Lynch vote and results (Nyanko killed)
N17: Results (no death)

Last edited:

Thank you WTF for all the tips!! A noubieee appreciates :)
Ahhhh, it's starting !!!

Elect TimeWarner for Forest

Happy Gaming!
:biglove:

Elect squirrelsrule forest leader Will probably change to TW, but wanted to throw my name out there since I've never been leader and would like to be :). I know, I should just be happy I'm allowed to play again and I am :D. But in case anyone wants to vote for me, thought I'd throw it out there that I'm willing.

Current Vote Tally:

Forest Leader:

TW 5 (TW, abber, philliab, IPB, MrsSOV)

squirrels 1 (squirrels)

Swamp Leader:

Sheepdog 5 (swampdog, LIS, Abney, WTF, dyachei)

zanydogz 1 (varz)

Abney 1 (JMJ)

Desert Leader:

Emiloo 4 (Trematode, jamrock, heylodeb, emiloo)

Devyn 1 (Devyn)

Tundra Leader:

Voting deadline is 7 PM PST. 9 people have yet to cast a vote, but there's plenty of time.

Elect squirrelsrule forest leader Will probably change to TW, but wanted to throw my name out there since I've never been leader and would like to be :). I know, I should just be happy I'm allowed to play again and I am :D. But in case anyone wants to vote for me, thought I'd throw it out there that I'm willing.
I'd vote for you if you were in the desert lol. :D

Reminder to send in your night actions. DVMD and I want to keep this game snappy. :) And as always, if you're ever not sure you'll be around for a lynch, you can send in a contingency vote.

Yes. Create a bookmark to this post.

I will track mod posts for those of us who want a quick link back to who voted for what on which day or what happened in the write-up of such 'n such a night. My suggestion is you bookmark it and delete the bookmark when the game is over. To create the bookmark, click on the "#133" in the upper right-hand of the post. That will open this post in its own window/tab. Bookmark that.

This post is mod-approved. I'll delete the wolfspeaker quote in a bit.

D1: Opening post and leader vote results and mod-tracker post

N1:
D2:
N2:

Just wanted to let everyone know that LIS has been given permission to do this. I think it is a nice place for everyone to be able to revert back to and find all the nights/days in one convenient location. :)

Let's go and get something done!

Vote! Vote! Vote!