WW: X-Men Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devyn

toight like a tiger
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the battle vs. good and evil who will win..... (mod devyn has to go to the pub for poker, so better intro coming soon perhaps when I have a lot of whiskey in me - stay tuned)

But for now.... please elect a Head Mutant.... deadline is 2 AM GMT (oh yes we are playing in GMT now - go look it up - all deadlines will be in GMT for this game and the cycles will be a bit different - more explanation to come)

To elect someone - say elect mutant or ****elect mutant**** if on phone!

Have at it....

First Class
1. SnS
2. Sheepdog
3. lissarae06
4. kakurubird
5. FTB

United
1. Philliab
2. ksmi117
3. dyachei
4. DVMD
5. Samoa

Origins
1. nyanko
2. krist
3. Wolfspeaker
4. IPB
5. LIS

Last Stand
1. Nohika
2. orca2011
3. Jamrockin
4. zanydogz
5. NStarz

Oh and just a reminder - no editing of posts!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
GMT, oh goodness... this shall be interesting especially if any of us get drunk. I'll get so confused...

I'm going to elect dyachei.

** it's 8:15pm here right now if that helps you guys.

And i've never been leader before, so i'm gonna give it a try I think :D

Elect SnS

FTB, your avatar seriously scares me. :scared:

Everything I've found says GMT is 5 ahead of CST...

Are you guys on the same Daylight savings time as EST right now? Or is there an hour change? I know it's 8:20 here right now. Soooo ;)

Are you guys on the same Daylight savings time as EST right now? Or is there an hour change? I know it's 8:20 here right now. Soooo ;)

Yup. It's 12:19 here.

I have an online friend who lives in GMT, so I've gotten used to calculating the time difference. :rolleyes:

Why do all the websites say something different?? :(

I will accept that the people who live there know what they are talking about, but it's just so confusing when the internets say something different. The internets are never supposed to be wrong!!!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
** it's 8:15pm here right now if that helps you guys.

And i've never been leader before, so i'm gonna give it a try I think :D

Elect SnS

But that website says that your time is London Time(LT) not GMT. It says GMT is now 7:24pm.

*goes off to research*

Why do all the websites say something different?? :(

I will accept that the people who live there know what they are talking about, but it's just so confusing when the internets say something different. The internets are never supposed to be wrong!!!! :rolleyes:

My guess is you are looking at the daylight savings times when EST is 4 hours and CST is 5hours??? That's all I got. :oops:

But that website says that your time is London Time(LT) not GMT. It says GMT is now 7:24pm.

*goes off to research*

Greenwich is in London.....UK and Ireland are all on the same time.

Aha!! I figured out why there is a discrepancy. Only SOME of GMT is actually on GMT currently, because of Daylight Savings Time. London is currently on Daylight Savings. They go on GMT in the winter.

Aha!! I figured out why there is a discrepancy. Only SOME of GMT is actually on GMT currently, because of Daylight Savings Time. London is currently on Daylight Savings. They go on GMT in the winter.

A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I switched something like 1200 servers at my last employer from GMT to UTC. I can't remember why now. I wonder if avoiding confusion like that was the reason?

Does anyone know, for sure, exactly what time it is for Devyn, right now? That would help solve this confusion of which one is being used. LMAO

Elect SnS

Set world clock widget for Dublin. Profit.

Every time I nominate myself nobody ever votes for me because I don't make empty promises. So I'll elect LIS since he wanted to run but didn't want to look like a toolbox nominating himself. :smuggrin:

Also the world clock widget says it is currently 8:35 pm in Dublin, where devyn is.
Alright, so the deadlines will be six hours ahead of me, not five. Thanks!

And since he wanted to run but didn't want to vote for himself, I think I'll
elect LIS.

Election Voting

SNS 5 (zany, wolfie, sheepdog, nohika, s&S)
Dyachei 3 (DVMD, ksmi, dyachei)
LIS 2 (IPB, nyanko)
FTB 1 (FTB)

Even though y'all have figured out what time it is in Dublin, Devyn said GMT, so I am using GMT until I hear further. We are on EDT, not standard time.
so:
EDT = GMT- 4
PDT = GMT -7
the rest of you figure it out from there.

Deadline is 0200 GMT. It is currently 2000 GMT. 6 hours to deadline.

Note: My avatar is an owl...... I am WATCHING ALL OF YOU!!!!! So be good.

Last edited:
Election Voting

Dyachei 3 (DVMD, ksmi, dyachei)
LIS 2 (IPB)
FTB 1 (FTB)

Even though y'all have figured out what time it is in Dublin, Devyn said GMT, so I am using GMT until I hear further. We are on EDT, not standard time.
so:
EDT = GMT- 4
PDT = GMT -7
the rest of you figure it out from there.

Deadline is 0200 GMT. It is currently 2000 GMT. 6 hours to deadline.

IPB has one powerful vote to count twice...

elect dyachei

I'm going to assume we are going off of Dublin time, though. As it is Devyn's game. And it is 9:06pm there currently, so it would be 5 hours till deadline.

IPB has one powerful vote to count twice...
It looks like he counted nyanko's vote, but forgot to put her name in the list. :laugh: Also, I think LIS voted for dyachei too.

And from what SOV is saying, deadline's five hours ahead of me, not six. So confused... :confused:

Election Voting

Dyachei 4 (DVMD, ksmi, dyachei, phiilab)
LIS 2 (IPB, nyanko)
FTB 1 (FTB)

What Devyn says, goes.... So we are using Dublin time, which is currently GMT+1
so:
EDT = Dublin- 5
PDT = Dublin -8

Deadline is 0200 Dublin time. It is currently 2100 Dublin time. 5 hours to deadline.

Last edited:
I now have 4 clocks on my desktop screen :laugh: :idea:
Seattle, WA
Boston, MA
Dublin, Ireland
Sydney, AU

No more confusion for me!
And they are in pretty colors. :love:

Hapless WW players: "Hey mods what time is it??"

devyn: *stumbles* "August..." *falls over*
SOV: "spongebath time at the nursing home.."