WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ceke thinks I'm a wolf or only *possibly* a role w/ ability. I'm making it clear I have an ability. Even if she still thinks I'm a wolf (I'm not), I have an ability and that shouldn't be a question at this point

No, I thought you were an equal possibility of either - if not wolf, then villager with ability. Sorry if I wasn't too clear before I haven't had much sleep, so starting to drift in and out a bit. You say role w/ability, that is in line with what I was thinking, so I'm inclined to say you should stick around because I'm assuming in this game roles w/ability are even more important because of the vanillager aspect.

And yes I agree with what others have said, whether villager of chaos or whatever else a non wolf can be in this game, if dyachei has an ability then we shouldn't lynch her because it might be an ability we need to have to advantage the village.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm happy to eliminate suspicion on ally, hmoo, and dyachei for now, and I don't really have any good ideas or even vague feels on anybody else. I was only joking before, but I am about ready to seriously do a dice roll to decide who I'm going to lynch. :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
And yes I agree with what others have said, whether villager of chaos or whatever else a non wolf can be in this game, if dyachei has an ability then we shouldn't lynch her because it might be an ability we need to have to advantage the village.
Want to correct this a little bit. Don't lynch someone just because they have an ability, since that ability may be crucial to the village. On the other hand, in my opinion, there's no such thing as a vanilla wolf - every wolf has the default ability to kill villagers. So, lynching someone we're pretty sure has no abilities is a bad idea as well. Vanillagers count too!

Basically, lynch because of behavior, not because you think they do (or don't) have an ability.

Also, as far as rolling a dice - RNG votes are a real thing. I'm trying really hard not to resort to that.

Reactions: 2 users
Want to correct this a little bit. Don't lynch someone just because they have an ability, since that ability may be crucial to the village. On the other hand, in my opinion, there's no such thing as a vanilla wolf - every wolf has the default ability to kill villagers. So, lynching someone we're pretty sure has no abilities is a bad idea as well. Vanillagers count too!

Basically, lynch because of behavior, not because you think they do (or don't) have an ability.

Also, as far as rolling a dice - RNG votes are a real thing. I'm trying really hard not to resort to that.

Yep, this is kind of where my brain was going except you've just laid it out in a lot clearer manner than what my head is capable of doing at the moment, so thank you. :)

And I've already started doing contingency roles just in case, unless some last minute information comes to light it might just have to come down to random for me.

Liking Ceke today, but maybe that's because I like analytical players that post. Not seeing much on ally right now, same with lotf, and leaving hmoo alone for a day.

lynch rogert

Very vague feels that he might be trying to shape today's debate per hmoo vote and a general idea that wolves are probably among the more active players (or, at least, among the people who have gotten on today to post) Otherwise, not much on anyone right now.

Since I am running out of time to fully analyze all the posts and since I don't think that ally or hmoo are wolves, I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say

lynch LoTF

(yea I keep thinking Lord of the Flies too for some reason)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Frozenshades

(random lynch by dice roll, sorry it's all I've got right now)

I just noticed its LadyOtheFarm and not On

I always read it Lord of the Flies in my head too. Maybe I should be reading it Lady of the Flies.

"Just for the Halibut" Lynch Tally
lotf (6) - PBC, hayley, rogert, FS, saki, FB
BBC (4) - nyanko, sov, WZ, WTF
rogert (2) - LIS, zen
hmoo (2) - jilary, finn
sov (1) - FFM
dy (1) - hmoo
PBC (1) - ally
sake (1) - dy
FS (1) - ceke
WZ (0)
ally (0)

19/24 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

@LadyOtheFarm, you're leading

Roll Call: @DVMDream, @Mad Jack, @Animal Midwife, @BeautifulBritishColumbia,[/QUOTE]

I'm going to lynch BBC just in case LoTF comes on and drops a bomb and we need to switch quick...I don't like lynching someone who hasn't been on defend.

Actually, I agree with this completely and I'm going to change my vote to BBC, only to try and force a tie in the hopes that it will buy LoTF some time to defend herself/answer people's concerns.

Unlynch Frozenshades

Lynch BBC

"Just for the Halibut" Lynch Tally
lotf (6) - PBC, hayley, rogert, FS, saki, FB
BBC (6) - nyanko, sov, WZ, WTF, ceke, AM
rogert (2) - LIS, zen
hmoo (2) - jilary, finn
sov (1) - FFM
dy (1) - hmoo
PBC (1) - ally
sake (1) - dy
FS (0)
WZ (0)
ally (0)

20/24 Voting

Actually, I agree with this completely and I'm going to change my vote to BBC, only to try and force a tie in the hopes that it will buy LoTF some time to defend herself/answer people's concerns.

Unlynch Frozenshades

Lynch BBC

solid-ties.jpg

:D

Reactions: 1 users

Um, is there a reason I shouldn't be giving LoTF a chance to defend herself? I gave the same chance to everyone else I put forward for lynching (well except for Fz, but that was because random vote was random, and I did contingency vote for you first lynch cycle but I'm sorry I was sick and not awake in time to unlynch). If there is info on LoTF that is solid, then I'd like to hear it for future reference.

Um, is there a reason I shouldn't be giving LoTF a chance to defend herself? I gave the same chance to everyone else I put forward for lynching (well except for Fz, but that was because random vote was random, and I did contingency vote for you first lynch cycle but I'm sorry I was sick and not awake in time to unlynch). If there is info on LoTF that is solid, then I'd like to hear it for future reference.
Ties are often handled unpredictably. Intentionally creating them in hopes of achieving a specific goal is generally not a wise strategy.

"I'm trying to create a tie" isn't the same as "I'm trying to swing the lynch to someone else."

Ties are often handled unpredictably. Intentionally creating them in hopes of achieving a specific goal is generally not a wise strategy.

"I'm trying to create a tie" isn't the same as "I'm trying to swing the lynch to someone else."

Oh, I see, um, darn. :smack: I thought a tie meant nobody died.

Oh, I see, um, darn. :smack: I thought a tie meant nobody died.
Sometimes nobody dies. Sometimes RNG determines who dies. Sometimes everyone dies. Sometimes everyone including the tie creator dies.

Last minute voting or weird stuff (people with double-weighed votes or votes that don't count) makes accidental ties happen, and that's unfortunate but unavoidable. Intentional ties are avoidable and IMHO inadvisable.

That might happen. Or one of them dies. Or both. Or the person to create the tie dies. Or all 3. Or we break the time space continuum ;) etc. etc.

I like the part where we break the space time continuum (and then The Doctor is revealed as The Other and hey presto Cartmel Master Plan to the rescue :D ) Sorry, moment of geek. :whistle:

Sometimes nobody dies. Sometimes RNG determines who dies. Sometimes everyone dies. Sometimes everyone including the tie creator dies.

Last minute voting or weird stuff (people with double-weighed votes or votes that don't count) makes accidental ties happen, and that's unfortunate but unavoidable. Intentional ties are avoidable and IMHO inadvisable.

Duly noted. Ties not good, may induce rivers of blood and possible space time continuum explosions. :thumbup:

Liking Ceke today, but maybe that's because I like analytical players that post.

Well I may have just unleashed armageddon by being a bit *too* analytical, so, um, hold that thought? :bag:

But thank you. :shy:

Well, crap. I guess we see what happens. Just got a chance to check in. Fixing the fence so the cow doesn't jump it again.

I will read through today now.
***** grumble, grumble.... lynching me every stinking time I say I'm busy... grumble grumble*****

As the day came to a close, the ocean creatures were torn between 2 friends who must have been out swimming the open ocean.

Too bad for them.

Dead is @LadyOtheFarm, chimaera, and a
wolf, who seered as a Scalloped Hammerhead and could steal abilities. The chimaera is a Chondrichthyan fish, a relative of sharks and rays. It has a cartilaginous skeleton and resides in the deep sea. Most chimaeras also have a venomous dorsal spine. Unlike sharks, they do not have replaceable teeth, but instead 6 tooth plates. They also have a retractable sexual organ on their forehead, pretty cool, right?
tumblr_nr2yfj8r5Z1uasu9po1_400.gif

Deadline 9am EST. Night 3 begins.

In today's news: Fish pee is very important!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/fish-urine-pee-coral-reefs-recycling-nutrients-ecology/

23/26 Players remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
17. @DVMDream
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi
21. @hazelmoo

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
24. @PrincessButterCup
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)

Reactions: 6 users
Dead wolf still busy trying to save her family from a really **** ed up job situation :rage: and keep the bred but still horny cow in her pasture.:cow:

And guys, pretty, pretty please chill with derogatory terminology that could be (and has been) used in reference to my kiddo with extra chromosomes. I know people don't mean anything by it, but it still hurts my heart every time I hear (read) it. Please?:(:sorry:

Reactions: 8 users
Okay, I need to read back through a few posts to see what made people suspicious of LoTF in the first place, I obviously missed something, or else I might not have been so quick to want to wait and give her a chance to defend herself. :thinking: