WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this made me giggle. that is all.
I like fish puns. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What a pleasant surprise to get back to....

@WildZoo My reasons for going for ally were this: I was walking out the door in 30 seconds to not have cell service or internet until right now. I had to put a lynch vote in right then. I either voted for someone who at least had a reasoning behind the vote (even if I indeed thought they were kidding) or I did RNG because nothing else has stood out. I chose to forgo the RNG vote and do something that at least had reasoning.

Ny voted for me because of my name, someone else voted for me since they agreed with WZ, and it seemed a few people voted for me simply to even the field out and tie it. (Ironically because LoTF wasn't on to defend and I apparently was).

Anyway grump over. I am happy to respond to any suspicions, if I missed anything more than what WZ thought? I just don't understand how I almost got lynched when I only read 1 legitimate suspicion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I need to read back through a few posts to see what made people suspicious of LoTF in the first place, I obviously missed something, or else I might not have been so quick to want to wait and give her a chance to defend herself. :thinking:
I mean, people better than me didn't pick up on it so maybe I actually saw nothing of note and just got lucky.

@WildZoo My reasons for going for ally were this: I was walking out the door in 30 seconds to not have cell service or internet until right now. I had to put a lynch vote in right then. I either voted for someone who at least had a reasoning behind the vote (even if I indeed thought they were kidding) or I did RNG because nothing else has stood out. I chose to forgo the RNG vote and do something that at least had reasoning.

Ny voted for me because of my name, someone else voted for me since they agreed with WZ, and it seemed a few people voted for me simply to even the field out and tie it. (Ironically because LoTF wasn't on to defend and I apparently was).

Anyway grump over. I am happy to respond to any suspicions, if I missed anything more than what WZ thought? I just don't understand how I almost got lynched when I only read 1 legitimate suspicion.
I'll accept that, the timing was just weird when I was reading through but I did get the sense you were rushed to get a vote in.

I was really annoyed with myself because I got caught up in studying and I had meant to check back in and change my vote if you weren't back yet. So sorry bout that.

You were definitely an odd choice for people who mentioned not wanting to vote for someone who wasn't around to defend.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to lynch BBC just in case LoTF comes on and drops a bomb and we need to switch quick...I don't like lynching someone who hasn't been on defend.

So if I were a wolf I should just go radio silent if I'm in the lead?

I don't really like the "don't lynch someone who isn't around to defend" thing. It just encourages people to not defend. Which leads to all those last-second flurry lynches that almost always end in a villager roust. (Which you're trying to avoid, I get it....)

She's had PLENTY of time to defend. If she's busy ... too bad. We've all been lynched when we're busy, it's part of the game. But she's been on the block for most of the day, right?

Work turned into literal hell, didn't get a chance to get back on. I'd say I'll try to catch up but the truth....I'm gonna go stuff my face with dinner, shower and pass the eff out before work tomorrow. I'm also going to attempt to not think bad thoughts about the tech who quadruple booked us with all the dying animals for the entire afternoon.... try, I'm going to try...I'll probably fail.

fish-sleep.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I'll accept that, the timing was just weird when I was reading through but I did get the sense you were rushed to get a vote in.

I was really annoyed with myself because I got caught up in studying and I had meant to check back in and change my vote if you weren't back yet. So sorry bout that.

You were definitely an odd choice for people who mentioned not wanting to vote for someone who wasn't around to defend.

I was hitting refresh constantly, so if the vote had switched to bbc at the last minute and made it go from a tie to her being lynched, I was ready to unlynch her.

I'm sorry, I really wasn't voting to lynch you, and like I said above I was ready to unlynch if it had gone that way. Just Wtf's comment made me stop and think last minute and with LoTF sounding like she had a legit reason not to be available to defend herself (which I totally think she did), it just felt unfair not to give her a chance - but not by sacrificing someone else, hence my constantly hitting refresh to make sure things weren't going to change to you at the last minute. Okay, sorry I'm rambling, next dose of pain meds is kicking in & I've had not much sleep so non compos mentis. No flower smilies so have a clover instead :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Work turned into literal hell, didn't get a chance to get back on. I'd say I'll try to catch up but the truth....I'm gonna go stuff my face with dinner, shower and pass the eff out before work tomorrow. I'm also going to attempt to not think bad thoughts about the tech who quadruple booked us with all the dying animals for the entire afternoon.... try, I'm going to try...I'll probably fail.

Sorry work was rough and sad sounding :(

So if I were a wolf I should just go radio silent if I'm in the lead?

I don't really like the "don't lynch someone who isn't around to defend" thing. It just encourages people to not defend. Which leads to all those last-second flurry lynches that almost always end in a villager roust. (Which you're trying to avoid, I get it....)

She's had PLENTY of time to defend. If she's busy ... too bad. We've all been lynched when we're busy, it's part of the game. But she's been on the block for most of the day, right?

I don't keep track of people's blocks.

You can always check people's timestamps to see if they are around and stalling versus not logged on, also.

I don't keep track of people's blocks.

You can always check people's timestamps to see if they are around and stalling versus not logged on, also.

Only just misunderstood. Thought you were talking about school blocks. It's 1am here and I'm dealing with a dog on Pred who has to pee like a racehorse every few hours.:confused:

Vanillager. But turning it around to challenge me is a pretty defensive move. Not sure I buy it.
It wasn't a challenge. I swear you are trying to find reasons to suspect me.

Ffs this is literally almost verbatim what we tend to say in private chat. I was just trying to have fun

It wasn't a challenge. I swear you are trying to find reasons to suspect me.

Ffs this is literally almost verbatim what we tend to say in private chat. I was just trying to have fun
Fun? Do you think this is a game??? :p

Reactions: 3 users
The ocean was eerily dark and still last night. The parrotfish was sleeping in his mucus bubble, the dolphins had half their brains turned off, most were sleeping soundly. Except for a select few. These were the ones you had to be wary of.

Dead is @PrincessButterCup, Flower hat jelly, who could protect someone every other night. Her hat was found ripped off. What a shame. Flower hat jellies can coil their tentacles to the rim of their bells when they are not in use. They spend much of their time on the sea floor, and are quite beautiful to behold.
Flower+Hat+Jelly+2.jpg

Please note: There is a great disturbance in the ocean. Dark shadows flit across the surface accompanied by bass rumbles and a thick oily stench. Denizens of the ocean beware!

tumblr_n508r8xJPi1so4e9eo1_500.gif

It is now Day 4. Lynch Deadline 9pm EST.

22/26 Players remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
17. @DVMDream
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi
21. @hazelmoo

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup (village protector)

I know everyone's lynching me because I'm quiet and the last second vote for hmoo (instead of LotF). I try to give people who haven't checked in a chance to defend.

The last couple of days have been busy for me, but I'm back now that things have died down.

I need to catch up on my spreadsheet, but in the mean time, I'll be happy to address your concerns about me.

index.php

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else find WTF's vote odd yesterday? I just thought it was weird to vote for someone so late when we knew they wouldn't be on yesterday at all.
Yes, one of the votes I was referring to in my comment to BBC after lynch

Yes, one of the votes I was referring to in my comment to BBC after lynch
I mean I get it that you can't use being away as an excuse to not lynch someone, but she did let us know that she wouldn't be on yesterday at all even before anyone suggested her for lynch, so it just seems odd to target someone you know won't be around.

Dvmd is a wolf.

I received a message from someone this morning. I won't reveal who sent it and I don't know if they acquired that info themselves or from a third party. If dvmd isn't a wolf, I'll reveal who and we can lynch that person tomorrow. But it's the best lead we have and we might as well give it a shot.

Lynch DVMD

"Oh for cod's hake, let's krill someone already" Lynch Tally
AM (1)- LIS
dvmd (10) -hmoo, dy, jil, nyanko, ally, finn, FS, FFM, MJ, FB

11/22 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST
Waffle-maker-machine-marine-animal-muffin-Pancake-crepemaker-scone-machine-electric-baking-pan.jpg