WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Oh for cod's hake, let's krill someone already" Lynch Tally
AM (1)- LIS
dvmd (11) -hmoo, dy, jil, nyanko, ally, finn, FS, FFM, MJ, FB, WTF

12/22 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Members don't see this ad :)
AM (1)- LIS
dvmd (12) -hmoo, dy, jil, nyanko, ally, finn, FS, FFM, MJ, FB, WTF, sov

13/22 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

AM (1)- LIS
dvmd (10) -hmoo, dy, jil, nyanko, ally, finn, FS, FFM, MJ, FB

11/22 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST
Waffle-maker-machine-marine-animal-muffin-Pancake-crepemaker-scone-machine-electric-baking-pan.jpg
Gimme those waffles!!! Too cute!!!

Reactions: 1 users
It wasn't a challenge. I swear you are trying to find reasons to suspect me.

Ffs this is literally almost verbatim what we tend to say in private chat. I was just trying to have fun

Well. I am trying to find reasons to suspect ANYONE. It IS WW.....

But I guess I don't really see it like you do. You said something that was REALLY odd - and I am obviously not the only person who thinks that. I didn't find your explanation all that .... clarifying? reassuring? Whatever the right word is. And suddenly you're challenging me because of something that started with an odd comment from you? That is overly defensive. *shrug* If you meant it like our typical banter, that's cool. In the context of the conversation in thread, I would think you could understand how it seemed otherwise.

Other than that one comment, I don't have any reason to suspect you any more than anyone else. As I already stated, I didn't find the whole vanilla thing wolfy at all.

Before I forget, I was blocked (from doing nothing.....) last night: "While siphoning along, someone squirted you with a cloud of stuff that prevented you from carrying out any actions."

Members don't see this ad :)
"DVMD's a wolf!!!" "Pshaw, so what? I'll eat you, and all your friends too."

You've lynched @DVMDream - blobfish, and a wolf, who seered as a Bargibanti pygmy seahorse and could not be tracked. The blobfish does hold the unfortunate title of world's ugliest animal, but has some cool adaptations for living in the deep ocean. It lacks many muscles, and its' flesh is slightly less dense than water. This means it can float above the sea floor without expending much energy and can catch food that floats in front of it.

tumblr_lg9ekwGUKZ1qeeqk5o1_400.jpg

cd6ba6ec2eeacf81815b0f1b092999a2.jpg

Please note: There is a great disturbance in the ocean. Dark shadows flit across the surface accompanied by bass rumbles and a thick oily stench. Denizens of the ocean beware!

tumblr_n508r8xJPi1so4e9eo1_500.gif

It is now Night 4. Night Deadline ASAP.

21/26 Players remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi
21. @hazelmoo

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup (village protector)
17. DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)

Reactions: 2 users
Well. I am trying to find reasons to suspect ANYONE. It IS WW.....

But I guess I don't really see it like you do. You said something that was REALLY odd - and I am obviously not the only person who thinks that. I didn't find your explanation all that .... clarifying? reassuring? Whatever the right word is. And suddenly you're challenging me because of something that started with an odd comment from you? That is overly defensive. *shrug* If you meant it like our typical banter, that's cool. In the context of the conversation in thread, I would think you could understand how it seemed otherwise.

Other than that one comment, I don't have any reason to suspect you any more than anyone else. As I already stated, I didn't find the whole vanilla thing wolfy at all.
I think you're reading into it way too hard.

I'm trying to play a more lighthearted game.

I'm still sorry about the other game.

The night seemed to pass very quickly for some, others not so much. The pyjama shark was brutally finned and left for dead at the bottom of the sea.

Dead is @hazelmoo, Pyjama shark and villager affiliation seer. The pyjama shark is primarily nocturnal. When a pyjama shark is threatened, it curls into a little ball and tucks its head under its tail.
Poroderma_africanum.jpg

Please note: There is a great disturbance in the ocean. Dark shadows flit across the surface accompanied by bass rumbles and a thick oily stench. Denizens of the ocean beware!

tumblr_n508r8xJPi1so4e9eo1_500.gif

Day 5 Begins! Deadline tomorrow 9pm CST or if we reach plurality.

20/26 Players remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup - Flower hat jelly (village protector)
17. DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)
21. hazelmoo - Pyjama shark (village seer)

Dammit! I tried. Hate you wolves. Go villagers!

Oh, and has saki posted at all this game?

I'm here :p been sitting in the back corner trying to analyze the posts.

Yea I should post more often :oops:

I'm just not happy atm because i just got my schedule for my last year of high school and I was not put into 2 of my required classes :mad:

I'm here :p been sitting in the back corner trying to analyze the posts.

Yea I should post more often :oops:

I'm just not happy atm because i just got my schedule for my last year of high school and I was not put into 2 of my required classes :mad:
Aw, you is baby!!!! And that's no bueno :(

Reactions: 3 users
So two dead wolves, both with cover roles. I think that makes a role name seer and revealing role names completely obsolete this game, and we unfortunately just lost the affiliation seer.

Assuming 5 wolves, it would be a little weird IMO if more than 2 had covers. That just seems like a really high number. But I guess if the mods wanted to screw with our brains again that would make sense

Just got back on following an email notification from SDN. Good job getting DVMD! It sucks that we lost hazel, but I'm hoping there's a resurrector out there.

Last night, I was squirted by a cloud of stuff that prevented me from taking any actions. Sounds like what happened to dyachei n2.

Annnddd I missed yet another lynch cycle. Sorry guys :/

AM is giving me some pretty good feels right now (. She usually is quiet, but this game even moreso than usual. I do not recall her having contributed anything major to the thread either. Will go and read posts, but right now I think my lynch vote will be going in that direction today.

I also will be going back and taking a closer look at those who jumped on voting to lynch me instead of LoTF; I think there is some fishiness in all of that. I can't remember (and can't be bothered to check until I go back and start looking at people) who all it was.

Saki to me seems to be playing more noob than sketch, but she could definitely have been coached. :shrug:

I also have slight feels from WTF but I can't exactly put my finger on why. Will add to the list of "read posts since beginning of game"

Just got back on following an email notification from SDN. Good job getting DVMD! It sucks that we lost hazel, but I'm hoping there's a resurrector out there.

Last night, I was squirted by a cloud of stuff that prevented me from taking any actions. Sounds like what happened to dyachei n2.
yay! not just me getting spoo-ed on

Assuming 5 wolves, it would be a little weird IMO if more than 2 had covers. That just seems like a really high number. But I guess if the mods wanted to screw with our brains again that would make sense

Nah, I played a game where all of the original wolves had covers. Based on the fact that the mods are putting covers instead of abilities in parentheses beside the wolves and the fact that we've killed two with covers... I wouldn't be surprised if this game was the same way.

Last night = N4? LIS said he got that N3.

Reactions: 1 user
Last night = N4? LIS said he got that N3.
Yes. As in, I got the notification an hour ago, asked mods whether that happened last night or just now, then read the thread and realized I missed a day/night cycle :bang:

Saki to me seems to be playing more noob than sketch, but she could definitely have been coached. :shrug:

YES I am the noobest of the noobs. I'm still trying figure everything out and how people play this game online (since I've only ever played Mafia irl and it's super fun)

YES I am the noobest of the noobs. I'm still trying figure everything out and how people play this game online (since I've only ever played Mafia irl and it's super fun)

Well this is only my second game ever of WW, so I think I out noob you your noobness :laugh:

Okay, so the tentacles thing I'm starting to think is more of an attack than a 'feeling' someone out, which to me would have meant more of a 'Seer' type thing. But considering we've lost our Seer, and there's no indication we have a role or ability Seer, I'm inclined to now think those who were tentacled were attacked.. So my current thinking is anyone who was tentacled is more likely a wolf attack, anyone who was inked was more likely blocked or defended against potentially in the act of performing a threatening gesture (which would possibly indicate wolf), and anyone who has been both tentacled and inked may have been attacked by a wolf and defended by an actions blocker.

Need to read back through the thread to see:

a) who was tentacled only

b) who was inked only

c) who was both tentacled and inked

d) who voted for Hmoo, or had reason to defend already known wolves.

Okay, so the tentacles thing I'm starting to think is more of an attack than a 'feeling' someone out, which to me would have meant more of a 'Seer' type thing. But considering we've lost our Seer, and there's no indication we have a role or ability Seer, I'm inclined to now think those who were tentacled were attacked.. So my current thinking is anyone who was tentacled is more likely a wolf attack, anyone who was inked was more likely blocked or defended against potentially in the act of performing a threatening gesture (which would possibly indicate wolf), and anyone who has been both tentacled and inked may have been attacked by a wolf and defended by an actions blocker.

Need to read back through the thread to see:

a) who was tentacled only

b) who was inked only

c) who was both tentacled and inked

d) who voted for Hmoo, or had reason to defend already known wolves.

I disagree entirely with your analysis. Zen claims to have been attacked while protected by item N2, so we get night results of failed attacks. No one who has been tentacled has been told it was a failed attack.

Action blockers work on the actor, not the target, and are aimed at a specific person. So if I were a blocker, I could submit an action to "block Ceke" (and you would normally see something happened in your night results; if you had an action, it might say you were confused or lost and couldn't act), but I couldn't say, "block a wolf" or "block whoever attacks Ceke." :)

Tentacled: Zen N1, ally N2, FB N3
Inked: dy N2, LIS N3, Zen N4
Peeked (I think this is "seered by hmoo"): Zen N1, Jil N2

And DVMD would be my guess for the N3 peeking.

Yeah, but you've at least played the game IRL. That's it, let's have a noob off, en guard! :p

See I'm having trouble understanding what being "attacked" means (is it from a wolf? An outside person? What is its significance?) so I think I win the noob contest :rolleyes: