WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Think it over reel good Lynch Tally

BBC (3) - dy, FS, ally
FS (3) - WZ, SOV, bbc

6/6 voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty convinced there is something up with FS, but I could go a couple different ways if anyone thinks a different option makes more sense. Clearly my suspicions about LIS were wrong, and I'm thinking I was wrong about SOV too based on his posts today - seems like he is really trying to figure this out and not just toss out a vote and hope for a villager lynch. I could see FS or ally as an original. Maybe dy if she was lying about being attacked but I think that's unlikely so I'll eliminate her as an original option (trying to go with what makes most sense). I remembered that I actually do know BBC's role because of the silencing - while roles haven't exactly pointed to wolfiness, I would be really sad and disappointed if hers was a wolf. Looking back I actually noted a pattern among the wolf roles we have found - they are all inhabitants of the deep sea. Other than BBC and myself I don't know the roles that remain but if anyone knows of a deep sea creature that might be one direction to look for the remaining original.

As far as converts go, since I'm thinking SOV is not wolfy I'm left with FS or dy (just don't think ally or BBC would have been converted). I can't remember if FS had already garnered suspicion before our proposed conversion night, but if he hadn't then he is a possibility. If he already had a general death avoidance ability when he was converted and he kept it, it might explain the lynches he has seemed to escape from.

Some wolf pairings (original/convert):
FS/dy: My only concern here is that dy voted for him yesterday, but if he has some kind of lynch avoidance then that is not a big deal
Ally/FS: I have no reason to think this pair isn't viable.
Ally/dy: This one could work too, but I need to look into it more as I don't have a good idea of what their interactions have been like.

So basically I could vote for ally, FS, or dy today. Of the pairs above I am not quite sure which I think is most likely...but I do think FS is the most likely wolf.

**** Unlynch BBC, lynch SOV *****

Because the last endgames someone said I was surely a villager, it's because they were a wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no opinion on ally, but doubt she would be a conversion candidate, although probably a good one, and if she is the original wolf... props to her.
This is all he said about you ally.
I don't understand your reasoning for your vote at all based on this statement.

This is all he said about you ally.
I don't understand your reasoning for your vote at all based on this statement.
Sorry, can't brain enough to make a coherent explanation. If I can get enough sugar into myself before lynch closes, I'll try to figure out a way to explain in a way that makes sense outside of my head. But this is the first time in days and days that something anyone's said has felt off to me.

So maybe my explanation is feels? I know that's dumb for end-game, but it's what I've got.

I have no reason to disbelieve Dy's claim of being attacked, but no reason to believe it either. I wasn't sold at the time. Let's just hope SOV isn't just doing a good job of pulling wool over our eyes.

Dinner out with the rents maybe maybe not be back before deadline.

Unlynch bbc
Lynch dy

I'm getting a stronger and stronger feeling that SOV is villager. There was physically no reason for a wolf to get off my lynch bandwagon like that; it was an easy win for them.
Ally's suspicion of him in light of that is starting to make me more suspicious of her. Just went back and looked to the original vanillager debate that got her cleared in the beginning. Although I still would suggest she wasn't wolfy, it was not nearly as cut and dry as I remembered. She hasn't said anything that has made me go super one-side-of-the-chart, but today that SOV lynch/reasoning is bugging me.
Dy for me completely depends on whether or not she was truly attacked. At this point in time, I am willing to believe her claim over Ally due to LIS's vouch that she typically doesn't lie about things like that.
I still think FS is an original villager. But I have been more and more uncomfortable about him lately. Last night's lynch results are not sitting well, either. I'm not sure if it was RNG. When LoTF and I tied, I was given no indication by the mods of why she died and I didn't.
WZ seems to just be jumping around a bit more than usual in terms of bandwagons. Besides that, I am running out of time since I have to go in 5 minutes. I have no reasons to believe she hasn't been converted, but nothing in particular has been super obviously sketch.

For me, original would have to be dy or ally. I'd be leaning moreso towards Ally right now between the 2 of them.
Convert would be FS or WZ. I am leaning towards FS right now because all the feels.

The common denominator in most of the posts I saw is FS, and this is who I am feeling is the safest bet right now, so I am going to leave my lynch vote there.

Now I am heading out of wifi, so I won't be on until after lynch. Good luck villagers, let's get us a wolf! The game isn't over yet

So my analysis of today's votes now..
WZ either playing a very good wolf game or really a villager.
PBC seemed pretty realistic and making sense to me.
Aly is either a misguided villager or a wolf trying to get support off FS.

So I am most inclined to go with the FS/Aly pair.
Or FS/dyachei i guess.

So I will stay with FS.

Figure out the Aly/dyachei thing tomorrow.

Everything keeps on coming back to FS....

Members don't see this ad :)
Too bad there wasn't more discussion.
If the game is over, I have no one to blame but myself I guess.
Fingers crossed I didn't screw it up.
Don't take all the blame! I feel like we're right here but if we're not, well, it wouldn't be the first time I've screwed things up at endgame...

Abandoned by Mods
adele-believe-boy-camera-Favim.com-860292.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Dead is @Frozenshades - Whale shark and vanillager.
14225404_1375991249096770_4310918686444861016_n.jpg

You are the largest fish in the ocean, but you are a gentle giant. You filter feed and love to spend time in warm water.
It is Night 13. Deadline is 9 am EST but some/all of us may be MIA....

5/26 Players remain.

CURRENT ROSTER:
Epipelagic

4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia

Bathypelagic
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei

Hadalpelagic
25. @WildZoo

Abyssalpelagic
[empty]

Sushi (Dead):

11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup - Flower hat jelly (village protector)
17. DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)
21. hazelmoo - Pyjama shark (village seer)
20. Saki Nishibi - Saltwater crocodile (vanillager)
6. Zensing - Blowfish (Villager Assassin)
23. Mad Jack – Cone Snail (village item maker)
16. finnickthedog- Goblin shark (vanillager)

8. Flim Flam Man - Sea cucumber
3. Ceke2002 - Amphioxus (vanillager)
1. Animal Midwife - Mola mola (vanillager)
18. heyyimhayley - Flabellina (vanillager)
22. Filly Bay - Anglerfish (village tracker)
19. Nyanko - Sea Spider (vanillager)
13. Rogert - Octopus (village blocker)
10. Jilary - Electric Ray (village self protector)
7. LetItSnow – Nautilus (vanillager)
2. WhtsThFrequency - Giant Squid (village communicator)
26. Frozenshades - Whale Shark (vanillager)

If BBC is the wolf, I am going to be really pissed, otherwise, I am ok. Otherwise I assume the original is WZ. I think she was misdirecting the whole chulucaba thing from the beginning.

I figure Dyachei is the convert. It was my original thought, but then I let my mind be swayed by compassion. Hope she is not though I can at least accept it.

Another night. Who survived? Oh village......

Dead is @allyphoe - my beloved Hawaiian Monk Seal (vanillager). Even your new MPA can't seem to keep you safe. THANKS OBAMA :rage: Extremely endangered, she previously enjoyed basking on warm sandy beaches and volcanic rocks. These sweet animals got their name from being mostly solitary, like monks :)
littnan_mms_5x7inch.jpg

But wait, there's more.

Our favorite mantis shrimp (@StartingoverVet - Mantis Shrimp and vanillager) makes an appearance, much to @shortnsweet 's surprise. Don't worry, he's dead now too. Torn to bits by an army of loggerhead baby turtles. Unlike most crustaceans, the mantis shrimp is a ruthless killer, capable of striking with claws at the same speed as a bullet shot from a .22 caliber rifle. Even if he missed, the shockwave kill his prey. Bad aim, old man....

Poor sick @dyachei - Bowhead Whale and villager who could survive one wolf attack and evade one lynch also has been destroyed in the carnage. Her poor lobulated kidneys. Bad stones!!! With the largest mouth of any animal, bowheads enjoy living in very cold Arctic waters and they live a VERY long time (not this time though :( )
BowheadWhale3.jpg

Victorious is the remaining animals who now RULE THE SEA!!!!
2c50873a1d453add85e4346b1ea7472c.jpg

@WildZoo - Loggerhead Sea Turtle - villager with item affinity who became mayor and was then converted to WOLF PACK. These turtles maintain osmotic balance through their lachrymal glands which get rid of excess salt from the ingestion of salt water. This give the impression that they are crying.

And, to avenge her fallen comrades, the mighty manatee WOLF, @BeautifulBritishColumbia !! With 6 cervical vertebrae, some weird polyphyodonty, lungs along the back and vascularized corneas, they are pretty docile. But not in this game!! If seered via an item, the results will say village. If seered by a seer, the results will say wolf.

Ocean Inhabitantes (in order of demise):
11. @SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. @genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. @LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. @PrincessButterCup - Flower hat jelly (village protector)
17. @DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)
21. @hazelmoo - Pyjama shark (village seer)
20. @Saki Nishibi - Saltwater crocodile (vanillager)
6. @Zensing - Blowfish (Villager Assassin/Mayor #1)
23. @Mad Jack – Cone Snail (village item maker)
16. @finnickthedog - Goblin shark (vanillager)

8. @Flim Flam Man - Sea cucumber
3. @Ceke2002 - Amphioxus (vanillager)
1. @Animal Midwife - Mola mola (vanillager)
18. @heyyimhayley - Flabellina (vanillager)
22. @Filly Bay - Anglerfish (village tracker)
19. @nyanko - Sea Spider (vanillager)
13. @Rogert - Octopus (village blocker)
10. @Jilary - Electric Ray (village self protector)
7. @LetItSnow – Nautilus (vanillager)
2. @WhtsThFrequency - Giant Squid (village communicator)
26. @Frozenshades - Whale Shark (villager able to evade one wolf kill)
4. @allyphoe - Hawaiian Monk Seal (vanillager)
14. @StartingoverVet - Mantis Shrimp (vanillager)
15. @dyachei - Bowhead Whale (villager able to survive one wolf kill and evade one lynch)
25. @WildZoo - Loggerhead Sea Turtle (villager with item affiliation, Mayor Dos,
CONVERT)
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Manatee

NPCs (Fishermen/etc/mad scientists/rednecks)
@morninqlory & @Devastating

Reactions: 1 users
THANK YOU TO ALL THE PLAYERS FOR PLAYING!!! You guise reminded me how much I love modding! Can't wait to work on the next one! And the biggest and most important thanks to my amazing co-mods, the MOD THINK TANK: @katashark & the newbie @ResoluteMike - you two were absolutely extraordinary!!! I loved working with you and can't wait to put our brains together again for a new game.

Reactions: 7 users
After the village seer died, we added the NPCs as humans pulling folks from the ocean. The pictures were supposed to add a kind of role seer to the game. We didn't want the results to necessary out the first one or two that got taken so we added Cthulhu and the lionfish pictures. @Rogert correctly identified their species as Red Herrings.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for a great game, mods :)

After the village seer died, we added the NPCs as humans pulling folks from the ocean. The pictures were supposed to add a kind of role seer to the game. We didn't want the results to necessary out the first one or two that got taken so we added Cthulhu and the lionfish pictures. @Rogert correctly identified their species as Red Herrings.
Rogert was pretty on target for much of the game!

He was the only item maker and some of the other things he had planned were more diabolical then the Australian Diver's watch. I don't know how your affinity was supposed to work though since it never really came up. The chum bucket was given to you specifically.

Reactions: 1 users
Well villagers can blame that loss completely on me.
I reason out BBC is the wolf, then freak out because everyone demurely agrees.
How dumb was that?

Oh well, good job BBC/WZ.

No one EVER lynches WZ, it is why she is always a good convert. It drives me crazy, but that is life.
Thanks Kaydubs.... I enjoyed the game even as a vanilla villager.

Reactions: 3 users
That whole game was so confusing. I still really enjoyed it mods! Thank you!

Well villagers can blame that loss completely on me.
I reason out BBC is the wolf, then freak out because everyone demurely agrees.
How dumb was that?

Oh well, good job BBC/WZ.

No one EVER lynches WZ, it is why she is always a good convert. It drives me crazy, but that is life.
Thanks Kaydubs.... I enjoyed the game even as a vanilla villager.
i agreed bbc was a wolf...

Not true! I've been lynched like...twice as a villager and three times as a wolf. And every time that I'm chaos :(

You got items almost every time they were available and @Mad Jack wasn't hoarding them ;)
Still wish I had known he was the item maker!