WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. She doesn't think there are vanilla roles.
That was my guess, but I didn't want to presume.

I personally didn't find it wolfy, just an indication that she probably doesn't have a vanilla role. I'd think a wolf would find it easier to hide as a vanillager, so an early comment indicating likelihood of non-vanilla sounds village to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Taking the advice from everyone from the past few games, instead of lynching some random person, I'm going to lynch ally based on possible wolfy comments.

I'm at orientation for vet school too :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Hoping to Avoid Turtle Disaster" Lynch Tally
ally (3) - ceke, hmoo, rogert
rogert (1) - sov
hmoo (2) - lis, finn
FS (1) - PBC
Dy (1) - genny

8/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Lynch ally

To get a vote on the board, but I doubt this is where I'm staying. I'm feeling waffles today.

Reactions: 1 user
That seems pretty fair from her end. Until this game I had never played a game Kay has modded that wasn't 100% roles.
But it's also fair from other's end. Not believing in vanillagers implies you aren't one, which means you're a possible wolf.

On my side, I'm not voting for ally right now. I get where people are going, but I feel this is also a dangerous strategy that forces power villager roles to out early.

On my side, I'm not voting for ally right now. I get where people are going, but I feel this is also a dangerous strategy that forces power villager roles to out early.

For clarification, this is a reason you shouldn't vote for dy. I'm claiming vanillager, so nothing to be lost by putting pressure on me. OTOH, nothing to be gained beyond role name, and if the fish that swims up your privates isn't wolfy, not sure anyone's role name is a gain, either.

For clarification, this is a reason you shouldn't vote for dy. I'm claiming vanillager, so nothing to be lost by putting pressure on me. OTOH, nothing to be gained beyond role name, and if the fish that swims up your privates isn't wolfy, not sure anyone's role name is a gain, either.
Well, not your privates. Just the lemon parties!

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh....

lynch ally

As much as I think it was a joke, it is either vote for you with a reason or do a completely random vote. I need to get my vote in now. :shrug:

and

contingency lynch AM
(assuming she has checked in by then. My only reason is that of the people who have checked in, no one has stood out as suspicious, so I will go with someone who hasn't checked in)

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason you shouldn't vote for me is that, other than STL (whose claim was apparently not credible to everyone), I was the first person to say that this game has true vanilla villagers. And my statement has been corroborated by other people. And multiple people have said they'd have easily believed that there were no vanillagers in this game, so "of course there are vanilla villagers" is not an obvious refutation.

The only ways I'd know for sure that this game has vanillagers, since there's no PMing, would be:
- I'm a vanillager
- I'm the stupidest most loud-mouthed wolf ability seer ever, and seered a vanillager last night, and got a seer result that confirmed vanillager, not just role name or affiliation
- someone who was able to PM last night despite being vanillager (so by item or similar) had a wolf PM partner *and* told their PM partner specifically that they were true vanilla

Only one of those options seems likely.

I'm surprised at the people clinging to the ally vote. Her comment last night seemed to be very joking in nature as did LIS' response to her claiming that is wolfy. I need to look back but my vote will be against one of those early ally votes. Just seems like a wolf trying to take an early opportunity to me.

Lynch genny

Your first inclination shouldn't be "no vanilla, let's kill her!"

You should protect power roles
to clarify:

villager perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Mindset is that person must be a power role or a wolf. better to investigate or question and find out.

wolf perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Must be a power role, better to be rid of them

ally (4) - ceke, hmoo, lotf, BBC
rogert (1) - sov
hmoo (3) - lis, finn, dvmd
FS (1) - PBC
Dy (1) - genny
genny (2) - FFM, dy
lotf (1) - rogert

13/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Ugh....

lynch ally

As much as I think it was a joke, it is either vote for you with a reason or do a completely random vote. I need to get my vote in now. :shrug:

and

contingency lynch AM
(assuming she has checked in by then. My only reason is that of the people who have checked in, no one has stood out as suspicious, so I will go with someone who hasn't checked in)

Is AM's vote for tomorrow, or.....?

I see the perspective on both sides. I too thought ally's comment sounded like a joke, but if votes = pressure and we want people to defend... anyway, that's why placeholder vote.

I take the claim of vanillager as people defending (even without pressure). Ally hasn't said much more than "it's a joke." And we've had multiple people now say to back off because "what if she has a power role?" I'm assuming these same people will want to lynch her tomorrow if she lives now that she's "outed" as likely having a role?:meh:

Like I said, I do see how it came as a joke. I would much rather vote for someone who hasn't checked in or has and hasn't posted, but I have sperm problems...;) So give me some time to deal with that, then I'll be back to choose from the quiet players.

to clarify:

villager perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Mindset is that person must be a power role or a wolf. better to investigate or question and find out.

wolf perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Must be a power role, better to be rid of them
genny perspective: worked with STL in a previous game, why not see how Dy reacts to a vote? (or overreacts, as the case may be)

But it's also fair from other's end. Not believing in vanillagers implies you aren't one, which means you're a possible wolf.

Dy is too cagey to get caught doing something like that. I suspect she was more just signaling that she has a power role. But now that people have focused on it, all it's doing is drawing attention.

But for sure, she could totally be a wolf. I just don't think this is a 'mistake' that she'd make as a wolf. If that makes sense.

This post is sketchy as all get-out. I <was> joking about that Day 1 post by Ally, but now I'm considering switching my vote.

I just got home from my first day of orientation, I don't know if I've ever been this tired!!!

This post is sketchy as all get-out. I <was> joking about that Day 1 post by Ally, but now I'm considering switching my vote.
I was responding specifically to Zen's statement that they weren't lynching me because I implied I was important. And now hmoo has said that multiple people are saying not to lynch me because I might be important.

I did not say that I was important. I am a vanillager with absolutely no importance or power. Dy implied she's non-vanilla of unknown flavor.

It's dumb to vote for me, because I'm not a wolf. But it's even dumber to not vote for me purely on the grounds that I'm maybe important. That's all I was attempting to say.

Ok I skimmed, but I don't think Ally is a wolf.

Lynch genny

sorry guys, i'm a villager this game. i recommend you vote elsewhere.
I'm not voting her because she's voting me. I'm voting genny for her mindset/perspective. it's not a villager one
If you're going to lynch me, remember this later: it's a villager perspective. I'm a villager, it's my perspective. I don't know why you're trying to dictate what's village vs. what's wolfy when you and I both know that wolves will say and do anything, regardless of how villagers think they should act. I happen to think that power roles are overrated in these games, and that's why villagers lose so often.

I'm not feeling the vote for ally right now based off the comment from last night.

Of those up for lynch, I'm leaning towards Haley based off DVMD's comment above.

Lynch Haley
I just got home from my first day of orientation, I don't know if I've ever been this tired!!!
If you think you are tired now, wait until classes start! (hope you had fun though!)

I was responding specifically to Zen's statement that they weren't lynching me because I implied I was important. And now hmoo has said that multiple people are saying not to lynch me because I might be important.

I did not say that I was important. I am a vanillager with absolutely no importance or power. Dy implied she's non-vanilla of unknown flavor.

It's dumb to vote for me, because I'm not a wolf. But it's even dumber to not vote for me purely on the grounds that I'm maybe important. That's all I was attempting to say.

It had nothing to do with you saying or not saying you were important. It was the whole soft-defense of "oh well, better to vote for me than a power role" coupled with the "I'm claiming vanillager." If you're claiming, why phrase it that way? It's weird.

The highlighted part is what bothers me.

LotF, I mean, not hmoo.

If you think you are tired now, wait until classes start! (hope you had fun though!)
This is my fear... If I could hardly keep my eyes open at 3pm during orientation what am I gonna do about classes haha?? :eek:

Hopefully this is just me adjusting from vacation mode to having full day events and getting up early

The highlighted part is what bothers me.

Fair enough. I try to look at myself from a third-party perspective, and write such; it helps me not say things like, "but I'm a villager, honest!" as my sole defense. But I can see where a reasonable person would think that was sketchy.

sorry guys, i'm a villager this game. i recommend you vote elsewhere.

If you're going to lynch me, remember this later: it's a villager perspective. I'm a villager, it's my perspective. I don't know why you're trying to dictate what's village vs. what's wolfy when you and I both know that wolves will say and do anything, regardless of how villagers think they should act. I happen to think that power roles are overrated in these games, and that's why villagers lose so often.
the mindset is not. You may be a villager. but the mindset you have here is not a town one. And I'm voting that 9 times out of 10.

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm just pointing out why I think the things I do.

the mindset is not. You may be a villager. but the mindset you have here is not a town one. And I'm voting that 9 times out of 10.

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm just pointing out why I think the things I do.
Nope, I like my word choice. Dictating. If you had said "I think it's not a villager perspective" instead of "it's not a villager one", then I'd agree with you. But by removing yourself from that final sentence, you give it more of a factual tone vs. opinion. And that says to me that you're trying to shape the way we think about villagers vs. wolves in this game, which is why I'm comfortable voting for you now.

Nope, I like my word choice. Dictating. If you had said "I think it's not a villager perspective" instead of "it's not a villager one", then I'd agree with you. But by removing yourself from that final sentence, you give it more of a factual tone vs. opinion. And that says to me that you're trying to shape the way we think about villagers vs. wolves in this game, which is why I'm comfortable voting for you now.
it isn't though. Thinking anyone who isn't vanilla should be lynched is how villagers lose the game.

And I'm not shaping anything for anyone. But your reaction makes me super comfortable with my vote.

ally (4) - ceke, hmoo, lotf, BBC
rogert (1) - sov
hmoo (2) - finn, dvmd
FS (1) - PBC
Dy (1) - genny
genny (4) - FFM, dy, LIS, hayley
lotf (1) - rogert
hayley (1) - jilary

15/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Any reason in particular for the waffle change?
The vote for the sake of voting that happened to be on the current bandwagon while setting up the excuse for a switch off to a new bandwagon. Seemed more solid in my mind than ally did at the time.

Sorry, I didn't check in sooner. I was celebrating with my family.

Lynch genny