WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Totally meant to post this earlier, apparently it didn't go through. Grump grump grump.
to clarify:

villager perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Mindset is that person must be a power role or a wolf. better to investigate or question and find out.

wolf perspective: someone says no vanillagers. Must be a power role, better to be rid of them
Yeah while it has been used to catch a wolf at least once recently (circumstances may have been different? I don't remember), being "roley" does not = being wolfy.

And I agree with LIS that I don't see dy making a mistake like that as a wolf.

Could people summarize the ally and genny votes? I thought the whole thing with ally yesterday was a joke, confirmed as such by LIS in his response to ym earlier post, so kind of surprised to see her leading today.

Members don't see this ad.

"Hoping to Avoid Turtle Disaster" Lynch Tally
ally (4) - ceke, hmoo, lotf, BBC
rogert (1) - sov
hmoo (2) - finn, dvmd
FS (1) - PBC
Dy (1) - genny
genny (5) - FFM, dy, LIS, hayley, AM
lotf (1) - rogert
hayley (1) - jilary

16/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Members don't see this ad :)
ally (5) - ceke, hmoo, lotf, BBC, genny
rogert (1) - sov
hmoo (2) - finn, dvmd
FS (1) - PBC
Dy (0)
lotf (1) - rogert
hayley (1) - jilary

16/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Totally meant to post this earlier, apparently it didn't go through. Grump grump grump.

Yeah while it has been used to catch a wolf at least once recently (circumstances may have been different? I don't remember), being "roley" does not = being wolfy.

And I agree with LIS that I don't see dy making a mistake like that as a wolf.

Could people summarize the ally and genny votes? I thought the whole thing with ally yesterday was a joke, confirmed as such by LIS in his response to ym earlier post, so kind of surprised to see her leading today.
her mindset implies wolfy to me.

hmoo (3) - finn, dvmd, jilary
FS (1) - PBC
lotf (1) - rogert
rogert (1) - sov
Dy (0)
hayley (0)
16/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

This is my fear... If I could hardly keep my eyes open at 3pm during orientation what am I gonna do about classes haha?? :eek:

Hopefully this is just me adjusting from vacation mode to having full day events and getting up early
You'll be fine! Feel free to pm me if you'd like. One great thing about penn is they foster a great support system.

it's not a very pro-village mindset regardless of her alignment tbh
I know and I think I pointed that out in that game (that it worked that time but statistically you're more likely to draw too much attention to and/or end up lynching powerful village roles), just saying it's not necessarily a wolfy thing for her.

And as for my vote, I like Rogert's read on lotf. Someone can yell at me if this "let me hop on this bandwagon until a more convenient one shows up" type of post is normal for her though. lynch lotf

genny (6) - FFM, dy, LIS, hayley, AM, MJ
hmoo (3) - finn, dvmd, jilary
lotf (2) - rogert, WZ
FS (1) - PBC
rogert (1) - sov
Dy (0)
hayley (0)
18/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

Members don't see this ad :)
I know and I think I pointed that out in that game (that it worked that time but statistically you're more likely to draw too much attention to and/or end up lynching powerful village roles), just saying it's not necessarily a wolfy thing for her.

And as for my vote, I like Rogert's read on lotf. Someone can yell at me if this "let me hop on this bandwagon until a more convenient one shows up" type of post is normal for her though. lynch lotf
her changing reasoning for voting me is also making me suspicious. She calls it a reaction test. and accuses me of overreacting. I really think i just explained my position

:shrug:

her changing reasoning for voting me is also making me suspicious. She calls it a reaction test. and accuses me of overreacting. I really think i just explained my position

:shrug:
I think I missed the reaction thing? I've had to skim a bit more than I like.

Lynch genny

Mostly for lack of defense other than saying, "I'm a villager" multiple times.

In case this becomes a crazy last minute person-hopping bandwagon, my waffle would be to LotF, because of thinking I had a power role.

I think genny and ally are both vanillagers.

I think Dyachei made a speculation (which I didn't think was particularly well thought out) that she wouldn't have made as a wolf.

So this arguing is pointless.

I will stick with my Rogert vote. Not because it is great, but b/c I am more convinced the other 3 aren't wolves.

Not sure what the hmoo reasoning is.

Not liking genny or ally votes right now.

lynch ceke

Just curious, ceke, why didn't you want the mayor election? You sounded encouraging before I started my bid.

I think genny and ally are both vanillagers.

I think Dyachei made a speculation (which I didn't think was particularly well thought out) that she wouldn't have made as a wolf.

So this arguing is pointless.

I will stick with my Rogert vote. Not because it is great, but b/c I am more convinced the other 3 aren't wolves.

Not sure what the hmoo reasoning is.

I'm inclined to agree. Lynch hmoo for now.

Not sold on Genny or Ally. Nothing seemed overly-wolfy about their posts to me.

I don't know what others reasoning for Hmoo was but her vote post seemed to have a bit too much justification without actual reasons behind it for me.

Lynch Hmoo

Hello all! I just got home from orientation - so fun. Anyways, I will say as a defense that I would NOT have killed STL the first night. He's too fun to have around. Not only that, but as a wolf I would not have voted for someone who claimed to be vanilla, especially on the first day. I would try to find the more important villager.

Unlynch ally, lynch genny.

Hello all! I just got home from orientation - so fun. Anyways, I will say as a defense that I would NOT have killed STL the first night. He's too fun to have around. Not only that, but as a wolf I would not have voted for someone who claimed to be vanilla, especially on the first day. I would try to find the more important villager.

Unlynch ally, lynch genny.
I'm sorry, but this is a terrible defense. I actually understand the wolves killing STL when he very vocally claimed vanilla without any prompting. Knowing STL, he would definitely claim that knowing he had an important role. I actually thought he might have some kind of night kill avoidance and he was basically asking to be attacked. Anyone who has played more than one game with STL should have known to not believe him when he claimed vanilla (though I agree it is apparently possible, I guess we'll find out at end game).

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry, but this is a terrible defense. I actually understand the wolves killing STL when he very vocally claimed vanilla without any prompting. Knowing STL, he would definitely claim that knowing he had an important role. I actually thought he might have some kind of night kill avoidance and he was basically asking to be attacked. Anyone who has played more than one game with STL should have known to not believe him when he claimed vanilla (though I agree it is apparently possible, I guess we'll find out at end game).

I don't find it a terrible defense at all. There is literally NO reason for people's vote for me, besides that I voted for ally. My reasoning for voting for her was more of a reason than anyone voting for me.

As for modding last game, and seeing how STL's brain works, I can tell you that I would have not killed him off so early.

lynch genny

I don't know why many people are dismissing this but her sudden change of reason to a reaction vote does seem very suspect to me.

genny (10) - FFM, dy, LIS, hayley, AM, MJ, FS, ally, hmoo, saki
ally (3) - ceke, lotf, BBC
hmoo (6) - finn, dvmd, jil, genny, wtf, FB
lotf (2) - rogert, WZ
FS (1) - PBC
rogert (1) - sov
Dy (0)
hayley (0)
Ceke (1) - zen
24/25 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

my reaction was based on your supposed reasoning for a vote. It's not an overreaction to respond to poor reasoning.
Disagree. You called even more attention to yourself, made yourself a bigger target if you are in fact, villager. If you had let my single vote slip past without responding to it, you wouldn't have been noticed as much. I think you over-reacted.

I don't find it a terrible defense at all. There is literally NO reason for people's vote for me, besides that I voted for ally. My reasoning for voting for her was more of a reason than anyone voting for me.

As for modding last game, and seeing how STL's brain works, I can tell you that I would have not killed him off so early.
But it's easy to say what you would or would not do as a wolf. Also, there is the rest of the pack and while you could say don't kill STL, if everyone else agreed to it, then your opinion doesn't matter. I've heard so many people say "oh I'd never kill XXX so early if I were a wolf" which means there are times they should do exactly that as a wolf.

Sorry, got home and kiddos first day of school was important enough that I hadn't got on until now. (Plus maybe things are gonna change at work... in the next 3 weeks:confused:)

Anywho, I planned on changing my vote. Read through. I can see Dy's reasoning. And yes, I screwed up the "her" and "she's" between ally and Dy, so some of the things ally said made no sense to me... but I see where I screwed up now.

There is no point to me switching to someone nobody voted for. Between ally and genny and hmoo, I think I see the most sketch from genny, but I always see it there.:) I'm ok swapping there.

Unlynch ally
Lynch genny

Disagree. You called even more attention to yourself, made yourself a bigger target if you are in fact, villager. If you had let my single vote slip past without responding to it, you wouldn't have been noticed as much. I think you over-reacted.
this is complete BS.

The way you handled it was called out by several players. It wouldn't have mattered if you had voted another player for the same reason, I would have called you out for faulty reasoning. The way you keep trying to throw it on me is making me feel better about my vote every time.

this is complete BS.

The way you handled it was called out by several players. It wouldn't have mattered if you had voted another player for the same reason, I would have called you out for faulty reasoning. The way you keep trying to throw it on me is making me feel better about my vote every time.
:biglove:you're such a great wolf, dy. it's why i always suspect you.

After losing the beloved candiru, the ocean creatures all turned on one another.

You have all lynched @genny, the leafy sea dragon and a vanillager. Female leafy sea dragons produce bright pink eggs, but it is the males who primarily care for them. Leafy sea dragons are experts in camouflage with their ability to change color and their leaf-like protrusions along their body.
Leafy-Sea-Dragon---Rapid-Bay-Smaller_WEB.jpg

It is now Night 2. Deadline 9am EST.

24/26 Players remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe
5. @LadyOtheFarm

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
17. @DVMDream
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi
21. @hazelmoo

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
24. @PrincessButterCup
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru
12. genny - Leafy sea dragon

Reactions: 1 user
Not liking genny or ally votes right now.

lynch ceke

Just curious, ceke, why didn't you want the mayor election? You sounded encouraging before I started my bid.

Sorry, I've just managed to crawl out of bed after spending most of the night with my head stuck down a toilet. About to start the day by throwing up some more, and cancelling my therapy appointment. :(
Yes, I'm miserable and sick, pity me. :rolleyes:

I wasn't opposed to you being Mayor, or the mayor election? Where did I say that? I like having a mayor this game, I voted for you. :shrug: