WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, I've just managed to crawl out of bed after spending most of the night with my head stuck down a toilet. About to start the day by throwing up some more, and cancelling my therapy appointment. :(
Yes, I'm miserable and sick, pity me. :rolleyes:

I wasn't opposed to you being Mayor, or the mayor election? Where did I say that? I like having a mayor this game, I voted for you. :shrug:
I hope you feel better.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, I've just managed to crawl out of bed after spending most of the night with my head stuck down a toilet. About to start the day by throwing up some more, and cancelling my therapy appointment. :(
Yes, I'm miserable and sick, pity me. :rolleyes:

I wasn't opposed to you being Mayor, or the mayor election? Where did I say that? I like having a mayor this game, I voted for you. :shrug:
I'm sorry you're sick :(. Hope you feel better soon!

Wasn't saying you opposed me being mayor. You were nominated for mayor pretty early on, and got on and commented before I started my campaign. At the time you neither explicitly endorsed or rejected your candidacy. Here's what I found from page 3.

Hail Ceke, Princess of the Barrier Reef (because she's aussie, not because I know anything about her role)!

elect Ceke

Epipelagic is top of the ocean, right? Makes sense one of us should be top of the village.

******* Elect Ceke *********

Elect the overly analytical noob??

What's the worst that could happen? I have no idea what I'm doing and end up writing a thesis on marine biology instead? :rofl:

I thought your post was a mild, joking way of encouraging people to vote for you. However, later in the cycle, you didn't promote yourself for mayor and didn't explain why you voted for me instead of yourself. I'm left wondering why you didn't fight harder to be mayor or, alternatively, explain why you didn't want to be mayor and why your voters should choose someone else.

IIRC, usual wolf strategy is to avoid being the mayor as mayors are usually seered ASAP. Your posting reads as a possible under-the-radar attempt to avoid mayorship. I know I tried to deflect a mayorship nomination when I was put forward as an inexperienced wolf (HG Redux).

Yes, it's frail evidence, but it's the best I have on Day 1. What's your explanation for your behavior?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry you're sick :(. Hope you feel better soon!

Wasn't saying you opposed me being mayor. You were nominated for mayor pretty early on, and got on and commented before I started my campaign. At the time you neither explicitly endorsed or rejected your candidacy. Here's what I found from page 3.

I thought your post was a mild, joking way of encouraging people to vote for you. However, later in the cycle, you didn't promote yourself for mayor and didn't explain why you voted for me instead of yourself. I'm left wondering why you didn't fight harder to be mayor or, alternatively, explain why you didn't want to be mayor and why your voters should choose someone else.

IIRC, usual wolf strategy is to avoid being the mayor as mayors are usually seered ASAP. Your posting reads as a possible under-the-radar attempt to avoid mayorship. I know I tried to deflect a mayorship nomination when I was put forward as an inexperienced wolf (HG Redux).

Yes, it's frail evidence, but it's the best I have on Day 1. What's your explanation for your behavior?

I had no idea there was going to be a mayor, until people started nominating, so I was initially making a joke about wanting to be a princess. I'd just found out what sea creature I am, and I went to look up what I looked like and I thought this particular creature was kinda adorabs, hence my comment about 'I'm adorable, I wanna be a princess'.

I did not expect people to start voting for me, I didn't take the votes seriously at all, and I figured once other people started actually wanting to be mayor (once I realised that's what was happening) the votes would have gone their way anyway. And you were giving out cute pictures of fish, so I figured you wanted to be mayor way more than I did (which was not at all) so I voted for you.

I guess people voting for me was just a bit of a surprise, because of how I was in the last game (overly analytical noob covers it nicely, thanks Nyanko), so I was a bit 'huh, wait, that was a joke, you can't seriously think I actually want to be, or should be mayor do you?' Then, like I said, other people stepped forward and I was like 'Okay, cool, so there is going to be a mayor this game, let me vote for someone who actually wants it).

And as for why I didn't or don't want to be mayor - last game I had a seer role that got me killed pretty early on, which was fine, that's the nature of playing the game, but at the same time I also did overanalyse everything and have umpteen dozen strategies going on at once, and tried to jump ahead 10 paces to be prepared for all eventualities, and basically played the game like I was still playing table top role play style.

This game I want to sit back more and not overthinking things too much, and just pay more attention to what's happening in game rather than going 'OMG person X has revealed they might be X sea creature! Quick, let me spend the next several hours studying up on all aspects of this creature so that I can then plan half a dozen different responses and game theories'.

Does that make sense?

(edited to include some spaces in between that wall o text)

Last edited:
Holy lack of enter, Batman.

Sorry, too busy trying to finish a response before I had to go throw up again to remember to keep pressing the entry key. You're lucky that even had some semblance of punctuation in it. ;)

Okay, I've edited in some spaces, and now I'm going to apply an icepack to my forehead (what can I say, my head fell in love with the corner of the desk and decided it simply had to fall for it right then and there :love:) :yeahright:

Last edited:
Okay, I've edited in some spaces, and now I'm going to apply an icepack to my forehead (what can I say, my head fell in love with the corner of the desk and decided it simply had to fall for it right then and there :love:) :yeahright:
:(

Aw, I'm okay, I was just having a bit of a grumble. :shy: It was my own stupid fault anyway, I stood up too fast, which was a really bad idea after almost continuously puking for however many hours straight. Medication side effects, nothing serious, it will pass in a couple of days, just have to take it easy in the meantime. :)

Last edited:
...why you voted for me...

Just to add to what I wrote above, because I've just realised I didn't really clarify why my vote went to you in particular (apart from saying you were giving out cute pictures of fish, so that made me think you really did want to be mayor).

I didn't vote for you because I wanted a fish picture, although that was a nice bonus and thank you, I voted for you because of silly sentimental reasons. Before my husband and I found out we couldn't have children, we had already picked out baby names - Saoirse, if it was a girl, and Tenzin if it was a boy; your username 'Zensing' reminded me of the name 'Tenzin', and it made me smile, so I voted for you.

Like I said, silly sentimental reasons.

Feel better, Ceke. And night closed, results pending.

Thanks, I'm keeping a little bit more down now so fingers crossed. Thanks again for the well wishes, and to everyone else as well.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The usual ocean occupants were swimming about, poking around, checking on one another. A couple of strange things happened but...

As the sun rays penetrate different levels of the ocean with various amounts of light, everyone is pleased to see that no one has died. Coincidence? A fortuitous occasion? Not with this suspicious lot. Get to lynching.

Also, y'all can start PMing within your groups if you'd fancy.

P.S. Any lurkers (@morninqlory ), if you were interested to be an NPC, please remind me. We are working on something but yesterday got away from me (seeing as I didn't appear on the thread at all......)

It is now Day 3. Lynch someone by 9pm EST.

24/26 Players *STILL* remain.

ROSTER:

Epipelagic
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WhtsThFrequency
3. @Ceke2002
4. @allyphoe
5. @LadyOtheFarm

Mesopelagic
6. @Zensing
7. @LetItSnow
8. @Flim Flam Man
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
13 @Rogert
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei
16. @finnickthedog

Abyssalpelagic
17. @DVMDream
18. @heyyimhayley
19. @nyanko
20. @Saki Nishibi
21. @hazelmoo

Hadalpelagic
22. @Filly Bay
23. @Mad Jack
24. @PrincessButterCup
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

I was attacked last night, but saved by a protective item. No hints as to what attacked me, though :(.

I'm with LIS - the stars when off topic but not dead throw me off completely

Sorry, I've edited the stars out, will refrain from future use unless dead.

Sorry, I've edited the stars out, will refrain from future use unless dead.
It's personal preference. There's been other games where people complained about having to read large numbers of unmarked non-content posts. Personally, I like using stars for these types of posts. Do what you want ;)

Reactions: 2 users
It's personal preference. There's been other games where people complained about having to read large numbers of unmarked non-content posts. Personally, I like using stars for these types of posts. Do what you want ;)

yes. absolutely do what you want. I can just get LIS' point (in another game) about why it's confusing.

So do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ;)

Lynch LoTF

I am wrong about her constantly, so I'm a little hesitant to follow this particular rabbit hole, but I like the reasoning on the votes for her yesterday. Also thought it was special that she wanted to go for a quiet player and then she was pretty quiet herself.

Lynch LoTF

I am wrong about her constantly, so I'm a little hesitant to follow this particular rabbit hole, but I like the reasoning on the votes for her yesterday. Also thought it was special that she wanted to go for a quiet player and then she was pretty quiet herself.

What was the reasoning on her votes, again? I did catch her comments about voting for a quieter player.... I've gone back and forth on that philosophy, but I don't find it inherently wolfy to vote for quieter players. Or inherently townie. When I vote for quieter players, it's less often because I think they are wolfing, and more often because it just annoys me to have players not playing.

Lynch LoTF

Yesterday was my daughter's first day of kindergarten :smuggrin: and there are rumblings of change at work:lock:, maybe a new job sooner rather than later :ninja:and a move (again):nailbiting:, plus the crazy pregnant lady, just had her kid... So I have to keep up with the real life drama.:rage::punch::rage: (Real life WW?)

I don't like it. I'd rather be here. Anyway, that's why my head isn't in the game enough to keep people straight.

Was really inappropriate. Cloud of stuff blocked me. Mods, I have a dirty mind. You cant just say a cloud of stuff.
Hmm, not mine. I was wrapped in tentacles. I'm not certain mine was a block, though.

not only that...someone "squirted" me with a cloud of stuff.
Did they give a color? Between you and Zen, could be squid ink... as much as I prefer reproduction related ideas...;)

Hmm, not mine. I was wrapped in tentacles. I'm not certain mine was a block, though.
I was wrapped in tentacles last night. I'd assumed it was a block, but it wasn't specified as such. So it sounds like two separate actors.

Not feeling the LoTF lynch, I like her response above to being questioned about quietness.

Still feeling a bit suspect towards @allyphoe .

Ally's defence and reasons for why she shouldn't be lynched yesterday sounded like, well it sounded like me, except I'm assuming Ally has at least played enough games now that giving what did seem to be a bit of an over explanatory lynch defence response, followed by what to me read as wanting to really back up the explanation with a list of strategy suggestions on why she shouldn't be lynched, comes across more as someone trying to hide behind the fascade of a noob who really doesn't know when to stop explaining reasons (kind of like what I'm doing now, except for the fact that I am a noob, and second game in I actually am still trying to find a balance between giving adequate explanations and being all over explain-y).

I'd still like to hear people's reasons for lynching Hmoo as well, but for now...

Lynch Ally

Not feeling the LoTF lynch, I like her response above to being questioned about quietness.

Still feeling a bit suspect towards @allyphoe .

Ally's defence and reasons for why she shouldn't be lynched yesterday sounded like, well it sounded like me, except I'm assuming Ally has at least played enough games now that giving what did seem to be a bit of an over explanatory lynch defence response, followed by what to me read as wanting to really back up the explanation with a list of strategy suggestions on why she shouldn't be lynched, comes across more as someone trying to hide behind the fascade of a noob who really doesn't know when to stop explaining reasons (kind of like what I'm doing now, except for the fact that I am a noob, and second game in I actually am still trying to find a balance between giving adequate explanations and being all over explain-y).

I'd still like to hear people's reasons for lynching Hmoo as well, but for now...

Lynch Ally
Ally is pretty much a noob too, at least as far as sdn ww is concerned. I think this is her third game?

Ally is pretty much a noob too, at least as far as sdn ww is concerned. I think this is her third game?

Oh, she is? In that case...

Unlynch Ally

Still would like to hear people's reasons for Hmoo lynch votes

In orientation today again. I would like to address this whole voting for hmoo business. I had to defend myself yesterday out of a fear of a bandwagon while I wasn't around. The only reason why a lynch started on me was because I annoyed LIS and voted for ally, with reason. My role is adorable and not a wolf, so please feel free to look into me to prove my innocence.

Reactions: 1 users
In orientation today again. I would like to address this whole voting for hmoo business. I had to defend myself yesterday out of a fear of a bandwagon while I wasn't around. The only reason why a lynch started on me was because I annoyed LIS and voted for ally, with reason. My role is adorable and not a wolf, so please feel free to look into me to prove my innocence.

Those reasons for lynching do seem a little unsound, and your response is reasonable. I shall shift my eyeballing elsewhere. :)