WWe Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts - Signups + GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
..just a curious passerby..what's going on ?
Definitely feel free to follow, but don't comment on game play, and if you comment at all, your post should be in stars like this one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations are in order for DVMD!! :hardy:

Please submit any PMs. Night deadline 9amEST

It is now Night 1. *22* players.
imgrc0063426971.jpg

Manhattan
1. @Cyndia
2. @katashark
3. @Frozenshades
4. @Flim Flam Man
22. @Teepster87

Queens
5. @Jilary
6. @SummerTheLynx
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Mad Jack

Brooklyn
9. @LadyOtheFarm
10. @lhmhtd
11. @Animal Midwife
12. @genny

The Bronx
13. @Saki Nishibi
14. @dyachei
15. @StartingoverVet
16. @Ceke2002

Staten Island
17. @DVMDream
18. @LetItSnow
19. @allyphoe
20. @Zensing
21. @Devastating

Hey guys, can I still join? Mike has been bugging me for MONTHS to play this game so I thought I'd give it a try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on the Mayorship DVMD :D

In the city that never sleeps, citizens were still running amok, partying in celebration of their new mayor, DVMD.

This morning, when @ResoluteMike goes to pick a copy of his local newspaper, he sees that @Cyndia , a NYC citizen, died overnight, heart attack. Disappointing, seeing it was her first first night in awhile.... But kaydubs saw Cyndia on her way back from picking up a bagel at her favorite shop. Uh......she does look a bit different though.
20140122143410-1393694183.jpg

Get lynching!!! Lynch deadline 9pmEST (*NOTE MOVEMENT*)

It is now Day 2. *23* players.

Manhattan
1. @Cyndia
2. @katashark
3. @Frozenshades
4. @Flim Flam Man
22. @Teepster87

Queens
5. @Jilary
6. @SummerTheLynx
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Mad Jack
23. @TheGreatCornholio

Brooklyn
9. @LadyOtheFarm
10. @lhmhtd
11. @Animal Midwife
12. @genny
17. @DVMDream

The Bronx
13. @Saki Nishibi
14. @dyachei
15. @StartingoverVet
16. @Ceke2002

Staten Island
18. @LetItSnow
19. @allyphoe
20. @Zensing
21. @Devastating

So Cyndia died, but didn't actually die?

. . . can we trust what sounds like a ghost? Maybe this game has delayed death mechanisms.

This is one of those moments where I say breaking eggs is usually best to figure out the mechanism, so we aren't wondering later on. And we know in a worst case that she was just a vanillager.

*********lynch cyndia********

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I am leaning towards wanting to pursue the Cyndia lynch so we can figure out what's up with that. But I want to hear from her before I put in my vote.

Agreed that attacking cyndia n1 was kind of a dick move.
Unless it was a auto mod mechanism.

Seems crazy to lynch her since there is no way a mod is being that obvious about a lynchable wolf.

I am more inclined to go after STL since
1) his post yesterday
and more importantly
2) he jumped right on the lynch cyndia train without much thought... Sounds like he wants to deflect attention from himself off the bat.

lynch STL

I will be disappointed if he is that easy to catch, but distractions from vet school could have him off his game.

Unless it was a auto mod mechanism.

Seems crazy to lynch her since there is no way a mod is being that obvious about a lynchable wolf.

I am more inclined to go after STL since
1) his post yesterday
and more importantly
2) he jumped right on the lynch cyndia train without much thought... Sounds like he wants to deflect attention from himself off the bat.

lynch STL

I will be disappointed if he is that easy to catch, but distractions from vet school could have him off his game.

I have a way of verifying I started the game as a villager, which I will use if I need to. I really am slightly offended that you think I would be "that easy to catch"...

I have a way of verifying I started the game as a villager, which I will use if I need to. I really am slightly offended that you think I would be "that easy to catch"...

unlynch STL
Lynch AM

I can wait and see if STL proves his villager-ness.... and TBH, I would have investigated him if I was a seer, so he will be found out soon enough if a wolf. (as for your being offended, read my post, I justified that).

Why AM? Just picking someone who might not realize it would be obnoxious to kill cyndia, assuming it was a not mod mechanism.

FWIW, I thought CYndia must be a ghost now. I don't think ghosts are the baddies in this game, just the gozer types... anyone just my random speculation which is worth very little.

unlynch STL
Lynch AM

I can wait and see if STL proves his villager-ness.... and TBH, I would have investigated him if I was a seer, so he will be found out soon enough if a wolf. (as for your being offended, read my post, I justified that).

Why AM? Just picking someone who might not realize it would be obnoxious to kill cyndia, assuming it was a not mod mechanism.

I've only played one game with Cyndia before(I think it was my first), so I'm very aware of rare this is.

First off... +pissed+ to whomever decided to kill me night 1.

Second, SOV is on the right track with his ghost theory. So I was a NYC Citizen initially, and then my message this morning was essentially a new role PM saying I'm a ghost, and that I'm dead, but that fortunately the line between life and death has blurred so I can continue to post/pm/lynch. She also specified at the end that I am still a vanillager.

lynch cyndia

I'll bite, though open to changing. Has she even posted at all? Maybe that is something to take into account as well...

I had the same thought.

I'm kind of leaning towards lynching a newer player because of that, but looking at the list, there are actually only about 5 players that I'd say I don't know at all/have played with maybe once - AM, genny, Saki, Ceke, and ally. Which kind of surprises me, I figured there would be more. There's gotta be older players involved that either didn't make input in the kill or else just it was a random choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you believe that we started with only one wolf, then the noob wolf idea is just an excuse to vote for noobs. When does a noob get final say in who a pack kills? Makes me want to vote for those of you jumping on the noob bandwagon, since you clearly don't want to think about the game.

Reactions: 1 users
Wtf happened? Someone died and but is technically still half alive?? Wow that's a first (for me at least).

Anyways I feel like if people actually cared about not being dicks, the more experienced players would have told the newer ones not to kill cyndia, and since I am not a wolf, I cannot imagine a wolf team comprised of noobs. So my only conclusion is that either the experienced players are purposely being dicks or it was somehow random.

edit-yea basically what genny said except (s)he put it in much better terms than me

Last edited:
I can somewhat believe it was a noob led kill, especially not knowing what the mechanics of the game are yet. I'd think that it being Cyndia's first game in a while that it would be possible whoever targeted her was thinking she might have gotten something other than vanilla as a role from kaydubs.

First off... +pissed+ to whomever decided to kill me night 1.

Second, SOV is on the right track with his ghost theory. So I was a NYC Citizen initially, and then my message this morning was essentially a new role PM saying I'm a ghost, and that I'm dead, but that fortunately the line between life and death has blurred so I can continue to post/pm/lynch. She also specified at the end that I am still a vanillager.

I wonder if this will be true of all vanillagers? That would be awesome to ''die'' but not be dead from the game. Did your original role description hint that this would happen?

I wonder if this will be true of all vanillagers? That would be awesome to ''die'' but not be dead from the game. Did your original role description hint that this would happen?
But how would wolves win if the villagers don't really die? I would think that would heavily favor the villagers. I'm wondering if there is a wolf out there making a ghost army.

While a noob/inexperienced killer is a likely possibility, I can also see picking Cyndia as a total red herring move done explicitly to lead us astray (one cold-blooded wolf if true!)
Not that it's happening at this moment, but people can and do make unexpected moves just so they can later claim "I would never kill X", etc. as a defense later.

Nope, just some line about trying to avoid getting haunted/slimed/possessed or whatever, but definitely no hints as to anything cool.

Lynch AM

Want to give people time to defend. First day sucks for lynches.

It'll be interesting to see how often this happens. For now, I agree that there's no reason to lynch Cyndia. If she came back wolf or non-village that would make it way to easy for us to catch converts, so I'm inclined to trust she's still village.

Anyways I feel like if people actually cared about not being dicks, the more experienced players would have told the newer ones not to kill cyndia, and since I am not a wolf, I cannot imagine a wolf team comprised of noobs. So my only conclusion is that either the experienced players are purposely being dicks or it was somehow random.

Ive been in a wolf pack in the past where most of us failed to check in close to deadline on the first night so a noob wolf picked the kill without any input from us. So maybe it was something like that. Or super devious veterans idk. Going to just toss out a vote of a noob since I bet there's at least one and ive got nothing else right now. *****lynch ceke*****