WWe Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts - Signups + GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
******Unlynch genny, lynch kata******

Members don't see this ad.

No, it needs to die in a fire. Seriously. I'm going to start handing wolves the damn vanillager PM when I mod. It is lazy and stupid and has bit people in the ass before as wolves have been able to get access and hide behind that BS.

Yeah, that's my gripe, too.

I mean, we've had one night. Assume the wolves role seer'd somebody. Now they have the vanillager role desc. Wheeeeeee.

Or one of them convinced some n00b to quote their entire role to them.

Or whatever. I just don't find VillagerCode hugely compelling. I don't dismiss it 100%, but...... I also don't give it much weight.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I mean, we've had one night. Assume the wolves role seer'd somebody. Now they have the vanillager role desc. Wheeeeeee.

Or whatever. I just don't find VillagerCode hugely compelling. I don't dismiss it 100%, but...... I also don't give it much weight.
How many full role seers exist? This is a poor play based on what ifs as opposed to what is most likely.

Ah, villager code that's what I was trying to think of but couldn't

How many full role seers exist? This is a poor play based on what ifs as opposed to what is most likely.

Most likely? What's most likely is that you (if you were a wolf) convinced someone to quote you your role. Probably with "If you tell me, I can verify that you are a villager by comparing to mine" or something similar.

That's EASILY as likely as villager code "proving" that you're villager.

Toss in the possibility of wolves role seering (which is obviously a common wolf seer ability along with role name, since alignment is pointless) ... and sure, I'd say it is reasonable play.

Be grumpy about it all you want. I don't buy your point. Even if you DO turn out to be villager - I still think your point isn't strong.

Ah, villager code that's what I was trying to think of but couldn't

See I purposely mess with villager code in my games and make each different. Kaydubs doesn't based off prior gaming.

My thing is, I will use anyway that I have available to me to make sure I as a villager will not get lynched. I apologize if that is an available source to me, and I use it, but I am not getting lynched over stupid reasons when I can defend myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Actually, full seer or someone giving out their role is quite likely. I'm like 98% sure I was seered night 1. I'm a vanillager.... don't know who seered me, wolf, village, both, I dunno. But that's it, if it was wolf and they got full role... already done.

And villager code has killed villagers so many times in the past, it is why I so strongly despise it. And why I'm tempted to give it freely to wolves when I mod day 1

Most likely? What's most likely is that you (if you were a wolf) convinced someone to quote you your role. Probably with "If you tell me, I can verify that you are a villager by comparing to mine" or something similar.

Toss in the possibility of wolves role seering (which is obviously a common wolf seer ability along with role name, since alignment is pointless) ... and sure, I'd say it is reasonable play.

Be grumpy about it all you want. I don't buy your point. Even if you DO turn out to be villager - I still think your point isn't strong.

And by "quote you your role" I meant "quote you their role". Too many ... uh .... pronouns? Whatever those are.

See I purposely mess with villager code in my games and make each different. Kaydubs doesn't based off prior gaming.

My thing is, I will use anyway that I have available to me to make sure I as a villager will not get lynched. I apologize if that is an available source to me, and I use it, but I am not getting lynched over stupid reasons when I can defend myself.

I definitely don't begrudge using any means necessary.

But I take issue with it being a "stupid reason" to vote for you based off of what appear to me to be sketchy early-game comments. It's not like there is much BETTER reason to vote for someone early.

You're being much, much more grumpy than typical. It's really setting off alarms for me.

I don't consider villager code a strong defense at all and I'm only begrudgingly unlynching you for now.

Members don't see this ad :)

So ask all my pm partners, did I ask them anything. Only pming with PbC and she started the pm with me. Didn't bring up anything about my role other than the fact that I "didn't get much for my role because I didn't have time per kaydubs"

So ask all my pm partners, did I ask them anything. Only pming with PbC and she started the pm with me. Didn't bring up anything about my role other than the fact that I "didn't get much for my role because I didn't have time per kaydubs"

Ok, but that logic doesn't track. Let's say you're a wolf. Any one of the other wolves could have dredged the vanillager role from any one of THEIR pm partners, and then shared it from you.

It's not as simple as only you PM'ing someone, if my assumption is that you're wolfy.

You're too smart not to see that.

I definitely don't begrudge using any means necessary.

But I take issue with it being a "stupid reason" to vote for you based off of what appear to me to be sketchy early-game comments. It's not like there is much BETTER reason to vote for someone early.

You're being much, much more grumpy than typical. It's really setting off alarms for me.

I am grumpy because I got piled on right before lunch closed and you are trying to make scenarios how I got villager code without the actual idea that I am a villager. But I am sure I will be investigated tn

Ok, but that logic doesn't track. Let's say you're a wolf. Any one of the other wolves could have dredged the vanillager role from any one of THEIR pm partners, and then shared it from you.

It's not as simple as only you PM'ing someone, if my assumption is that you're wolfy.

You're too smart not to see that.

Ask all people in the game about if they put out that info then? I mean it's a simple enough question to put out there.

I am grumpy because I got piled on right before lunch closed and you are trying to make scenarios how I got villager code without the actual idea that I am a villager. But I am sure I will be investigated tn

*shrug* Sorry about my part of the pile on. It had nothing to do with close, and everything to do with working day shift. Is what it is. Can only play when I can play.

I still feel like your early comments were off, and your antagonism is more than usual. Which to me scream wolfy vibes. I'm obviously not calling this "strong" evidence or anything stupid, but it's more than I have for other people, in my opinion.

Ask all people in the game about if they put out that info then? I mean it's a simple enough question to put out there.

I've already had one person give me a role name straight off the bat in the first PM sent to me with absolutely no other conversation prior. It really isn't that big of a stretch.

Yeah. And then what.... when not everyone responds? Do I just assume "yup, close 'nuff"? I mean, people come and go. I can't survey every player and expect a response.

I mean, I wouldn't require 100% response either before I started to feel more convinced, but ....

And it still wouldn't defend against the possibility - or even likelihood if the majority of villagers are vanilla - that the wolves seered the role N1, making it available to you if you are a wolf. Statistically that would be pretty likely.

I've already had one person give me a role name straight off the bat in the first PM sent to me with absolutely no other conversation prior. It really isn't that big of a stretch.

So I don't get why that is not being asked?
Officially, DID ANYONE REVEAL THE PARTS OF VILLAGER CODE I PUT OUT THERE, IN PM?

Yeah. And then what.... when not everyone responds? Do I just assume "yup, close 'nuff"? I mean, people come and go. I can't survey every player and expect a response.

I mean, I wouldn't require 100% response either before I started to feel more convinced, but ....

And it still wouldn't defend against the possibility - or even likelihood if the majority of villagers are vanilla - that the wolves seered the role N1, making it available to you if you are a wolf. Statistically that would be pretty likely.

Assuming they are a full role seer. Assuming full role, not role name, not role ability. Which you and I both know is fairly uncommon (but not completely unlikely, I'll give you) for wolves to have a full role seer nowadays....

Assuming they are a full role seer. Assuming full role, not role name, not role ability. Which you and I both know is fairly uncommon (but not completely unlikely, I'll give you) for wolves to have a full role seer nowadays....

Maybe. I can't say you're WRONG about it being uncommon, but I also can't say that I really agree. I haven't been a wolf in .... forever. (Which is just fine with me.)

Look. I've made my point, which I have admitted repeatedly isn't strong, and you've made your point. I don't see more progress being made. Nobody owning up to sharing their role doesn't really strengthen your point because of the possibility of seering. So it's probably time to let it go and move on.

Day 2 Lynch Tally Final:
Cyndia (1) - html
STL (3) - genny FFM LIS
AM (2) - Teep pbc
Saki (2) - katashark, Jilary
FFM (1) - dyachei
genny (3) - FS deva SOV
Kata (3) - saki LoTF STL
ceke (1) - Cyndia
LIS (1) - MJ
HTML (2) - zen, ally
Ally (1) -DVMD

+pissed+
Whelp missed genny switching, that's unfortunate...

In a whirlwind of the first lynch, a three way tie was created. Who would perish? @katashark - Egon Spengler, affiliation seer, bites the dust in the end. :confused::cryi::cryi:
2014-02-24-HaroldRamis-thumb.png

But...katashark is still in the game. Just a bit...different looking. Ponder that, players.

Night deadline 9am EST

It is now Night 2. *23* players.

Manhattan
1. @Cyndia
2. @katashark
3. @Frozenshades
4. @Flim Flam Man
22. @Teepster87

Queens
5. @Jilary
6. @SummerTheLynx
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Mad Jack
23. @TheGreatCornholio

Brooklyn
9. @LadyOtheFarm
10. @lhmhtd
11. @Animal Midwife
12. @genny
17. @DVMDream

The Bronx
13. @Saki Nishibi
14. @dyachei
15. @StartingoverVet
16. @Ceke2002

Staten Island
18. @LetItSnow
19. @allyphoe
20. @Zensing
21. @Devastating

Last edited:
.... not too unhappy with my STL vote. Might have gotten us a wolf, and if he's telling the truth would have only lost us a vanillager. Seems a lot better than losing (?????) the affiliation seer.

BTW, my current theories... thoughts.... not sure which...

.... is that the only real difference between this and a typical game is that instead of dying and being out of the game, you get ghosted and continue to participate. But game will end when wolves outnumber living players like normal. Doubt that players retain abilities when dead'd.

Can't remember what Cyndia said, though.

Dead players obviously appear able to vote (Cyndia's vote seems to have counted.).

Unless you believe that we started with only one wolf, then the noob wolf idea is just an excuse to vote for noobs. When does a noob get final say in who a pack kills? Makes me want to vote for those of you jumping on the noob bandwagon, since you clearly don't want to think about the game.

I know I'm late but can we drop the bs on noobs and vets, please? I for one never say no to an idea and believe in discussion when I'm a wolf.

Also, villager code is lame and allows for PR hunting. If you admit you're vanilla villager and someone else corroborated it, you have decreased the pool of abilities for the wolves.

I don't believe i have ever used villager code. Feels lazy to me.

I prefer to go with my gut. So much more satisfying catching a wolf that way. Tho my gut is wrong more often than right. Sometimes i can catch a hot streak.

Yay, second game in a row we lose the seer at the beginning of the game.

And unsolicited role revealing...don't get me started...

I'm sorry, what exactly is meant by a villager code?

I'm sorry, what exactly is meant by a villager code?

When all villagers have the same line in their role description from the mods that tells them their affiliation. Wolves don't know the line, because of course they're not village . . . Theory being you can catch a wolf if you find someone who doesn't know the code.

Also, I got lynched in a game where I was village and was the first to corroborate village code, in the defense of another villager.

Not that I have any grudges . . . *cough* @Trilt *cough*

Also, I got lynched in a game where I was village and was the first to corroborate village code, in the defense of another villager.

Not that I have any grudges . . . *cough* @Trilt *cough*
:oops:

(At least I got you killed early enough that you were brought back? Yeah? Credit?

...okay no credit. :p)

Reactions: 1 users
BTW, my current theories... thoughts.... not sure which...

.... is that the only real difference between this and a typical game is that instead of dying and being out of the game, you get ghosted and continue to participate. But game will end when wolves outnumber living players like normal. Doubt that players retain abilities when dead'd.

Dead players obviously appear able to vote (Cyndia's vote seems to have counted.).

Here's a dumb question. Can normal people *see* ghosts in the movie? It's been a while since I've seen it. The write ups talk about them looking different, but if they were a ghost, wouldn't it be pretty visually obvious? If it's something like possession, I don't see how that could be benign to the village, but I also couldn't see it happening so frequently at the start of the game (if possession equaled conversion or something along those lines).

Sorry I missed the first lynch vote, late night, I slept in.

Here's a dumb question. Can normal people *see* ghosts in the movie? It's been a while since I've seen it. The write ups talk about them looking different, but if they were a ghost, wouldn't it be pretty visually obvious? If it's something like possession, I don't see how that could be benign to the village, but I also couldn't see it happening so frequently at the start of the game (if possession equaled conversion or something along those lines).
Regular people can see ghosts, but ghosts can also appear very close to human. Consider the library ghost (before she got angry)
8d920c21b2545df3012defb240dd927e.jpg

Damn that sucks about kata... But @kaydubs geez, three way tie and only one dead? You sure are losing your bloodthirsty edge :p

I was told I could still post/pm/lynch, but I was a vanillager to begin with so no idea about abilities. I suspect you're right that maybe abilities are lost after death but people can still play. But we'll see what kata or the new morning results reveal.

I know I'm late but can we drop the bs on noobs and vets, please? I for one never say no to an idea and believe in discussion when I'm a wolf.

Sorry, I didn't mean to start a full on noob hunt, I was just being really grumpy when I found out I died. I should stop complaining since at least I can still play haha.

Another night, more ruckus. Today's obituary features @Zensing - Dr. Jillian "Holtz" Holtzmann, the item-maker, and renowned nuclear engineer. She was found dead in a holding cell at the 19th Precinct. Police are conducting an investigation and refused to comment at this time.
maxresdefault-1.jpg

But, sources say they saw Zen at a local coffee shop. She looks....hm....

LYNCH deadline 10pm EST. NOTE MOVEMENT.

It is now Day 3. *23* players.

Manhattan
1. @Cyndia
2. @katashark
3. @Frozenshades
4. @Flim Flam Man
22. @Teepster87

Queens
5. @Jilary
6. @SummerTheLynx
7. @PrincessButterCup