WWho Killed Veronica Mars? Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincessButterCup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Keith Mars stood in the middle of a dimly lit parking garage. He'd imagined something like this happening a hundred times. Every time Veronica got involved in another dangerous case, Keith's mind conjured the worst: Veronica stabbed, Veronica shot, Veronica drowned . . .

He wasn't prepared for this.

He'd made a mistake when he investigated Lilly Kane's murder. He'd gone after the wrong guy, lost his job, and nearly let Lilly's true killer get away. Now it was even more personal. Now it was Veronica who needed vengeance, and Keith didn't believe for a minute that her death was a random hit-and-run.

When he got home, Keith poured himself a glass of scotch and scattered old case files across his desk. There were dozens of people who had reason to want Veronica dead. But who did it? The ex-principle she disgraced, or the couple she accused of child abuse? The teaching assistant who almost got away with murder?

It could be any one of them.

Let's get started. It is now Day One, lynch deadline will be 6:30 pm PST / 7:30 pm MST / 8:30 pm CST / 9:30 pm EST tomorrow

ta-da.gif

1. @Kam325
2. @LadyOtheFarm
3. @Trilt
4. @Frozenshades
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @rockatiel
7. @Devastating
8. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @lhmhtd
11. @ResoluteMike
12. @Saki Nishibi
13. @genny

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
To get the ball rolling, since I am sure everyone is playing the lets not talk in the thread first game,

*******lynch deva******** for no good reason

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yay it started! I feel like I haven't played in ages (Animorphs!).

Lynch STL

You know you deserve it Crayak.

As far as playing the game goes, is anyone very familiar with the theme? I confess I am not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Think I have seen half an episode, and there was like a book or something? Yeah, pretty clueless, but totally willing to do homework that involves watching a lot of TV.:)

Yay it started! I feel like I haven't played in ages (Animorphs!).

Lynch STL

You know you deserve it Crayak.

As far as playing the game goes, is anyone very familiar with the theme? I confess I am not.

Terrible logic when that was not the most recent game.

Nope. Think I have seen half an episode, and there was like a book or something? Yeah, pretty clueless, but totally willing to do homework that involves watching a lot of TV.:)

It's on Amazon prime! :D

Terrible logic when that was not the most recent game.

How is it terrible logic? I feel like you can pull whatever previous reason your little heart wants, especially D1. And you were pretty darn ridiculous. ;)

With that said, gonna say:

lynch @Frozenshades

One of several playing who often doesn't say enough to get a good read on, recently had a fun run as an alpha-ish wolf, and whom I would like to encourage to talk earlier rather than later.

Reactions: 1 users
How is it terrible logic? I feel like you can pull whatever previous reason your little heart wants, especially D1. And you were pretty darn ridiculous. ;)

With that said, gonna say:

lynch @Frozenshades

One of several playing who often doesn't say enough to get a good read on, recently had a fun run as an alpha-ish wolf, and whom I would like to encourage to talk earlier rather than later.

It's more the sins of 1 game should not go into that of another game, especially given it was a couple/few games back. And I was silenced, and messing with people that couldn't affect the game. Making devious items shouldn't count against me neither! :p

It's more the sins of 1 game should not go into that of another game, especially given it was a couple/few games back. And I was silenced, and messing with people that couldn't affect the game. Making devious items shouldn't count against me neither! :p

Meh. I'd rather bring something up if only to encourage a bit of conversation vs. lynching for no good reason.

Re:theme - I fell asleep watching the first episode, although Kristen Bell and I are sloth soulmates so I intend to try again. Is anyone particularly familiar and can give a quick overview?

I have absolutely no familiarity with the theme. Don't think I've heard of it, even, so I second the overview request! (or if there's a wiki, etc.)

You messed with me soooo much! And I vowed revenge and this is the first game I've played since then. Besides, it's not like I'm arguing that everyone should vote for you, just contributing to the thread.

Although this level of defense against a day 1 little-to-no-reason vote does twinge my suspicion-radar...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I thought for sure I'd be the only one unfamiliar with the theme- whew! I never watched this show.

Lynch saki.

Just in case she's a bad hombre.

You messed with me soooo much! And I vowed revenge and this is the first game I've played since then. Besides, it's not like I'm arguing that everyone should vote for you, just contributing to the thread.

Although this level of defense against a day 1 little-to-no-reason vote does twinge my suspicion-radar...

More a pet peeve of mine to be fair. Same with killing someone as a wolf for their actions in a previous game (other than surviving late in game).

*****Lynch FS****

Since I agree with Trilt that he's one of the harder players for me to read and I'd rather we start stacking votes sooner than later.

I'll get in a lynch fs for right now and come back later!

Okay, don't lynch based on previous games if people don't think that's cool.

But do explain your lynch votes and base it on something, or we'll have another sad game with no conversation and no ability to look back on gameplay because it will be a bunch of random seeming votes thrown into an abyss.

I will happily switch to FS if it means a little more push for talking, but I don't see much that catches my attention otherwise yet.

Other topics:
13 players. I wanna guess 3 wolves, 4 pushing it?

I'd say three, maaybe two and a convert but with such a small number of people I feel like converts are that much more powerful.

Just thinking through, if you hit even mid game - and that should take just three cycles assuming one lynch, one night kill per - with one original (7 left, 6 village, one wolf) and then can convert (5 village, two wolves) it could be end game in less than two cycles and it's really rough convert hunting on that limited of a time frame.

I think I like three originals more, but it's PBC so who knows. :p Hopefully we have some mechanism for info gathering on game logistics.

hmm

lynch trilt

no good reason
This is kind of exactly what I just bitched about a little. You don't need to have a "good" reason - it's day 1, there are no good reasons - but any sort of reason is preferable to just throwing a name out. And it stimulates people to talk and refute, which is what you need in order to have *better* reasons, short of being affiliation seered.

I mean, otherwise we're just going to end up with only a few hours until deadline and no conversation... oh wait. :p

I thought about voting STL, just because of his response to KC's vote, but I guess it's not out of the ordinary (and I totally forgot that he had voted for me).

I'll go ahead and join that FS pile for now...I did like Trilt's initial reasoning, and now it's concerning that they still haven't responded a few hours from deadline.

lynch FS

I sorry for not explaining my vote--checked in at the red light on the way to school this morning!

My FS reasoning: I never really like to vote based on previous games myself, but I also haven't played in a very long time... So I have nothing to go off of lol.
And like others have said, he is dang good player.

Also, RIP my phone. I do most of my SDNing from my phone so this may hamper my ability to check in a bit.

This is kind of exactly what I just bitched about a little. You don't need to have a "good" reason - it's day 1, there are no good reasons - but any sort of reason is preferable to just throwing a name out. And it stimulates people to talk and refute, which is what you need in order to have *better* reasons, short of being affiliation seered.

I mean, otherwise we're just going to end up with only a few hours until deadline and no conversation... oh wait. :p

You and I both know that you and kam voting together is never a fortuitous venture :p.

I am actually tempted to ************unlynch deva and lynch genny********* for super trying to be under the radar vote

sorry my mind's just not in it today

Just getting off work.

Things are too quiet.

Ok, so say we have 1-2 wolves, I guess that seems more likely to me because PBC needs some sort of chaos in here right?

Part of me still doubts 1, unless there is some sort of auto-convert, because what if we lynch correctly today?

(Hey guys, talk more. If I make up more than a certain percentage of talk all by myself, it normally spells my doom, but y'all are too quiet. I feel like I am filling the void.)

You and I both know that you and kam voting together is never a fortuitous venture :p.

I am actually tempted to ************unlynch deva and lynch genny********* for super trying to be under the radar vote

It's true. She's getting a solid Rick eye-narrow from me for that agreement, but I always find people sketchy when they follow my lead.

Didn't we decide that lynching both of us would statistically usually yield a wolf? :p

It's true. She's getting a solid Rick eye-narrow from me for that agreement, but I always find people sketchy when they follow my lead.

Didn't we decide that lynching both of us would statistically usually yield a wolf? :p

I was trying to be good and not lynch one of you off of that, but if you really want me to.... :p

Reactions: 1 users
I mean, any reason to think silenced (somehow on the first day) vs just not checking in?

Not checked in at all. Seems unlikely to me to have a wholly silenced role d1, and if he is village and just hasn't checked in at all during the first long day cycle, I don't feel particular regret lynching him tbh.

Thirty minutes! I'm going to the store for clam chowder. Get your last minute votes in, constituents!

@Frozenshades, you're winning.

Not checked in at all. Seems unlikely to me to have a wholly silenced role d1, and if he is village and just hasn't checked in at all during the first long day cycle, I don't feel particular regret lynching him tbh.
Sounds like I don't have any reason to wait anymore.

Unlynch whomever.
Lynch FS.

I'm here if given a reason to waffle.

There were so many potential suspects, but so little information to go on. Keith flipped through files all night. One picture stood out to him - Chuck Rooks.

adamscott_vm.JPG

Mr. Rooks was a popular teacher at Neptune High, and not just because of his good looks. He was energetic and charismatic and he genuinely seemed to care about his students. In fact, he cared a little bit too much. When Veronica discovered the truth about his relationship with one of her classmates, Mr. Rook was forced to resign, and his good name was disgraced. Was that enough motive for murder?

Keith threw himself into his investigation. Chuck Rooks was living across the country in Maine, working as a private tutor in an all-boys school. Multiple witnesses confirmed that he had not left the state in months. Keith put away Rook's file and moved on to the next. Veronica's killer was still out there.

You have lynched @Frozenshades, Vanilla Villager.

It is now Night 1. Deadline will be 9 am PST / 10 am MST / 11 am CST / 12 pm EST. Items going out now - get your actions in! If I have everything before I go to bed I'll go ahead and close.

Current Suspects

1. @Kam325
2. @LadyOtheFarm
3. @Trilt
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @rockatiel
7. @Devastating
8. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @lhmhtd
11. @ResoluteMike
12. @Saki Nishibi
13. @genny

Cleared

Frozenshades, Chuck Rook

Meh, I'm not heartbroken that the first BS no-info, no-convo lynch went to someone too busy to show up at all. Will see what the night brings I suppose.