WWYD??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jbrowndds

SMILE ON!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SOoo... I finished this semester with 2 D+ and 2 B+. They were in Organic Chemistry and Calculus. With a child, job, and moving to a major city and commuting 2hrs a day to school, I am surprised I finished with that. I am retaking Organic Chemistry this spring. My GPA is now at a 2.78 after sophmore year (this fall was my last sophmore semester). Is there anyone who has been through this? Is my GPA salvageable? HELP!!

EDIT:

I posted this because someone told me that I should change my plan and become a hygienist. They said that this road might not be the one for me and my family. It crushed my confidence until I read this quote that another SDNer posted;

"Unless someone can look into the core of your heart, and see the degree of your passion, or look into the depths of your soul and see the extent of your will, then THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS TELLING YOU WHAT YOU CAN OR CANNOT ACHIEVE! Because while they may know the odds, THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU. Nor do they know the power of your angels." - Sandra Kring

Today I was so broken. My whole body hurt at the thought of my goal becoming a distant dream. I am better than that and I am stronger than that. There is a fire in me to make an impact on dentistry and my future patients lives. I'll never give this up as long as there is breath in my lungs, a pulse in my wrists, and this goal in my heart.
I wanted to delete this thread but decided to keep it because that one quote changed my whole day. I know that there are some of you who feel like this and I just wanted to be the one to say that you are not alone. No one ever said it was easy.

Peace.Love&Dentistry

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Whatever you choose to do, make a plan that allows for different possible good outcomes depending on how life goes. Otherwise, good habits are what will win the day. Find a way to transform your big bursts of inspiration into daily, small smart decisions. I hope things work out for you.

Reactions: 1 user