About the ads

X-ray License for international dentists working as dental assistans

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dentotune, Sep 5, 2005.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. dentotune

dentotune Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi everyone.....I am a dentist from Egypt getting ready to take my NDB exam but in the mean time I got hired as a dental assistant and I was wondering what I have to do to get an X-ray license......I don't think it's fair to study for the whole dental assistant board exam.........is there something just for the X-ray license?..... thanks a million
  2. amdoct

amdoct Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    to get x-ray certification you dont have to go through the entire dental assisting course. Some universities offer a separate 2 day class and gives you the certificate. you can even enquire in some community colleges also.

3. dentotune

dentotune Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Amdoct........you're a friggin' life saver......thanks a million, I will try to find a college here that would provide me with such a course......thanks again :D :D
  4. talon cusps

talon cusps Junior Member

Hi Amdoc,

If I get a certificate from lets say CA, can I use this also in another states? Or do I have to get an xray course and certificate again?

5. amdoct

amdoct Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    you can use it anywhere. its just the basic principles about radiation safety ,techniques and processing of the film. Where ever you do the course its the same.

6. phildent

phildent Member

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    hi im new here. I am a dentist in the phil and is currently working as dent asst in texas while struggling to get into school. I just had my texas xray license just 2 moths ago. I just bought the book and took a computer 50 items exam and that's it. i dont know how is it in other states. it should be same huh...:)
  7. talon cusps

talon cusps Junior Member

Hi.thanks for sharing phildent..but isnt it at texas they have new provisions? are you required to take infection control and juris exams as well? and cpr certification? congrats for passing..is it all in the book? :thumbup:

8. rtvj

rtvj Senior Member

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Does anybody know what the procedure is in Arkansas??
    Or whom to contact??
    I contacted the local university and they do not have any certificate programs.
  9. futurdentist

futurdentist Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Hi,
    try to contact the dental board or search their website, u should be able to find some information about what place teaches the radiation safety course in your area.
    Good luck!
  10. doc12

doc12 Senior Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    hi,
    IT would be great help if u tell me more about the dental assistant post that u have got.
    do they take u based on your foriegn dental degree? or they need u to give ur NBDE ?
    also what are your working hours?
    THANKS.
    YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED
  11. bino

bino Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    i wanted to ask that is it safe to buy the materials that are displayed on the sales section? is paying through pay pal ok? when a mess says bad post what does that mean?sorry i'm new here as u must have realized
    thanks
  12. phildent

phildent Member

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    hi talon cusps. Actually there is no eligibility requirement for xray cert. just buy the book for radiology and everything is there. if you read it you'll get it for sure. Now if you want to be certified as a dental assistant, aside from xray cert, you need to take dental jurisprudence exam and infection control exam. and again there is no eligibility requirement for both exams just buy the book and take it! If you get the three exams, you are certified DA already!check with all states it might be similar. :)
  13. phildent

phildent Member

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    i forgot to mention,that I got the information on Texas Dental State Board website. check first in your state's website, it might be easier. :)
  14. CARIESFREE

CARIESFREE Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    hello there friends,

i am dentist from india and am applying to colleges at present
    and was curious if we internationally trained dentist can get a job as a dental assistant
    or some sought of licensure is required for it
    please do reply
    thank you
  15. dentotune

dentotune Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
  16. amythestby

amythestby Junior Member

Other Health Professions Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks a lot. This is very helpful.
  17. sweetgal

sweetgal Senior Member

SDN 2+ Year Member
    hello friends,,i am on h4 visa ie dependent visa,,if i do my xray cerification,,will i get a job as DA,,coz i have no work permit???plzzzzzzz help
  18. Stelon

Stelon *** Donor

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi, i had recently take CDA ( Certified Dental Assistant) exam of DANB( Dental Assistant National Board). this exam is very easy for international dentist. and with this certificate you can practice as dental assistant. but it depends on which state you want to work as a DA. For this exam, you have to submit your dental degree copy, and CPR certificate. It gives you three certificates of Chair side assistant, infection control and X-rays in one certificate as CDA. You have to get 400 out of 900 score to pass this exam. it is better to take whole cda exam, instead of X-ray certificate exam. If you need any guidance about CDA exam, you can pm me. all the best.
  19. dentotune

dentotune Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    hey Sweetgal, I took the NJ radiology license exam and all they ask you for is your social security number, I'm not sure if you get a SSN with an H4 visa but the only way you can be certain before you commit to anything is to go to the American Dental Assistants Association website and email them your inquiry just like you put it here and they will be able to give you all the details www.dentalassistant.org

hope I was able to help....... :)
  20. sweetgal

sweetgal Senior Member

SDN 2+ Year Member
    hi stelon and dentotune,,,thanks a lot for the quick and informative feedback,,

thanks again
  21. smartdentist

smartdentist Junior Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    A word of a caution you won`t get an x ray license if you don`t have a SSN even if you finish the course. These are the rules in CA, anyway confirm this before you do the course.

22. Stomatolog

Stomatolog

Dentist
    Hi, I am dentist from Ukraine. I am interested in any information About taken CDA exam and study materials. Should I work at Dental office certain amount of hours before taken this exam? Could you recommend some books for preparing for the exam?
    Please, mail :[email protected]

23. jimjig

jimjig

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member

HI I don't have CPR certificate.
    Can you tell me what i have to do for CDA exam.
    Mail me on [email protected]
  24. luman

luman

Dental Student
    Hi, I am dentist from Bangladesh. I have looked the website dentalassintant.org. But could not get any clue about CDA exam for international student. I am planning to get the X-ray licence before the CDA exam. Am i in right track. Could you please recommend some books for preparing for the CDA exam? please mail me at [email protected]
  25. melnahass

melnahass

SDN 5+ Year Member
    This depends on which state are you staying at. In some states, you can work as a dental assistant without having x-ray license and without taking the CDA exam. You will need to check with the state boards.
  26. Minitooth123

Minitooth123

Dental Student
    can anyone post names of books required for cad exam/
  27. Dental s

Dental s

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey,dentotune,
    could you please guide me how to take dental radiology license? I am living in NJ & I am also interested about this.

Thanks in advance.........
  28. hammoudeh71

hammoudeh71

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello everybody..

I need to know how much a foreign graduate dentist gets paid per hour for working as a dental assistant lets say in washington state or the west coast? the whole USA on average? And how hard is it for a male foreign dentist to find such an assisting job? Thanks alot
  29. smyle32

smyle32

SDN 5+ Year Member
    For those who are interested plz go to this page http://www.danb.org/
    On the left hand side you can find the state specific information about this exam
    On the right side you'll see the candidate guide for the CDA exam
    In this you will find the eligibilty criteria :CDA exam eligibilty pathways Pages 18-19:thumbup:
  30. Irvi

Irvi

Dentist
    Hello. I am a dentist from El Salvador and I am struggling to get a job as a dental assistant because everybody ask for x-ray license. I would like to know what are the requirements to get a x-ray license?
  31. helpfuldoc

helpfuldoc

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    For people wanting to be dental assisstants in california there is an institute that offers weekend courses for EVERYTHING!:)) including x ray licence and CPR. FYI most docs will let you work at their clinic if you have an x ray license, you do not have to go through dental asissting school. I say this because I am dentist with a practice in california . The website is www.dental-specialties.com . You can contact them for any information you want. I hope this is helpful for the folks in CA atleast. I am sure there are institutes like this in other sttes also.
  32. WaltonG

WaltonG

A] How to get x ray certification?

B] To be eligible to appear for CDA ( Certified Dental Assistant) exam of DANB( Dental Assistant National Board), do we need clinical experience in US?
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  33. softtoy33

softtoy33

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I m a foreign graduate from India ,on H4(with no work permit).

after reading the above posts i m a bit confused.can we write the above mentioned 3 exams without going for assisting course?

what benefit would i get after i complete my DA course?

Guys,please help me!

I have to pay my fee very soon and so don't want to land up with a wrong decision!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  34. Dental s

Dental s

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Any one who has gone through N.J dental radiology license process?.
    Confirmed that we don't need to go through dental radiology course but confused about their documents requirements ,please any one , need help here!!