Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is anyone applying to Xavier University College of Pharmacy? I didn't find a thread for this school so I decided to start this thread. It would be fun to go to Xavier. Hope more people apply here. Good Luck to everyone applying this year!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying, Im very excited! I love New Orleans!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Xavier pharm. as well! :) I really hope I get accepted! I'm actually from New Orleans, but I go to LSU.

That's great! Have you finished your application? New Orleans would be a fun city to go to school in!

My application is almost finished. I'm just waiting for them to receive my PCAT score and my final recommendation from my professor. I really hope they consider me for an interview

I am applying here as well! Just need my last faculty recommendation! Anyone mind sharing their stats?

My application is almost finished. I'm just waiting for them to receive my PCAT score and my final recommendation from my professor. I really hope they consider me for an interview

Hopefully get a interview!!!!!

I am applying here as well! Just need my last faculty recommendation! Anyone mind sharing their stats?

my stats aren't that great.

Overall GPA: 3.4
Math/Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT, I got a 65.

my stats aren't that great.

Overall GPA: 3.4
Math/Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT, I got a 65.

I wish I had your stats because mine are pretty bad!

Overall GPA: 3.2
Math/Science: 3.0
PCAT: 47

I do have volunteer experience in a hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy though, but they never asked about all this in the application. Hopefully my recommendation letter and essay gets me an interview.

I wish I had your stats because mine are pretty bad!

Overall GPA: 3.2
Math/Science: 3.0
PCAT: 47

I do have volunteer experience in a hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy though, but they never asked about all this in the application. Hopefully my recommendation letter and essay gets me an interview.

Yeah I have over 300 hours volunteered at MD Anderson Pharmacy. I have also been working as a tech for a year now. But yeah those things won't matter. Same here, hopefully we get a interview.

I have a BS Chemistry from here and have been working in a Pharmacy for 3 years and am a CPhT.

My Overall is a 3.1 and my M/S is a 2.85 for this school. PCAT 60.

However, its pretty well known around here that there is no rhyme or reason to how they decide. :( They have "standards" listed but people get in with lower then the required GPA. I guess we just need to cross our fingers!

I hope they don't discriminate out of state students. The nearest choices for me are ULM, Ole Miss, and Xavier. Im really excited about this school though, just get me an interview, and I'll for sure convince them why they should accept me!

That is exactly how I feel too. Get me an interview and I'll do the rest!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a BS Chemistry from here and have been working in a Pharmacy for 3 years and am a CPhT.

My Overall is a 3.1 and my M/S is a 2.85 for this school. PCAT 60.

However, its pretty well known around here that there is no rhyme or reason to how they decide. :( They have "standards" listed but people get in with lower then the required GPA. I guess we just need to cross our fingers!

You have an advantage, you have a degree. I don't have one

I hope they don't discriminate out of state students. The nearest choices for me are ULM, Ole Miss, and Xavier. Im really excited about this school though, just get me an interview, and I'll for sure convince them why they should accept me!

I doubt they do that, I know a lot of ppl from Texas that go to Xavier.

Does anyone know when they start interviewing? Or have they started that process already?

Does anyone know when they start interviewing? Or have they started that process already?

Last year December 15th-16th were the first round of interviews. That's how it will be this year I think

Yeah sorry about that, I just checked their website.

Last year they invited around a month before. So Nov 15ish the first wave of interviews should hear. But that is usually a small number of applicants. For the most part in late January early February those first interviews will hear if they are accepted, the next wave will get invited and the denials will hear all around that time. It is kind of crazy how they deny people before they interview their second round but like I said before--no reasoning behind them.

Last year they invited around a month before. So Nov 15ish the first wave of interviews should hear. But that is usually a small number of applicants. For the most part in late January early February those first interviews will hear if they are accepted, the next wave will get invited and the denials will hear all around that time. It is kind of crazy how they deny people before they interview their second round but like I said before--no reasoning behind them.

November 15th is coming up, hopefully we all get some good news

I'm hoping the same. Good luck to everyone

Has anyone heard anything from the school???

I'm looking to apply to Xavier next year. When did the application open up and what was the deadline for submitting it this year?

The application opened up in the middle of August. All of the supplemental information was due on October 15th and the LORs were due November 16th. They do Fall interviews for only a couple of applicants in December for two days and then the majority of applicants are notified for an interview in Jan/Feb for spring interviews.

Has anyone received a call from Xavier for an interview yet?

Has anyone received a call from Xavier for an interview yet?

I haven't heard anything. I think they may contact after everything is due which is Nov. 16. I may be wrong though.

I was talking to someone who had an interview last year during the first set and she told me she heard later on in November. So don't give up hope just yet!

I'm so anxious though!

The application opened up in the middle of August. All of the supplemental information was due on October 15th and the LORs were due November 16th. They do Fall interviews for only a couple of applicants in December for two days and then the majority of applicants are notified for an interview in Jan/Feb for spring interviews.

How does the Xavier application compare to PharmCAS? Are there any glaring differences other than format?

How does the Xavier application compare to PharmCAS? Are there any glaring differences other than format?

The only thing on the Xavier applications, is that they require you to write a 500 word personal statement, and then fill in their pre-pharmacy courses that they require. Then send in 3 letter of recommendation letter and they provide the format for that. It very simple compared to PharmCAS.

I was talking to someone who had an interview last year during the first set and she told me she heard later on in November. So don't give up hope just yet!

I'm so anxious though!

I'm very anxious too!

I don't know if its just me but the lady that I speak to on the phone in the College of Pharmacy Admissions office is pretty rude. Every time I call to make sure they have all my recommendation letters and paperwork, she's like "did you check, online? then why would you need to call and ask". I mean can I not just call to make sure.

Haha! That sounds just like Xavier! Call as many times as you want you just have to deal with that every time. I called four times just because I knew they had my stuff in and it wasn't posted so I was paranoid. I graduated from here and it's like that all the time. You learn to just ignore and expect!

Did you get any feedback on a window when the first round may hear?

Haha! That sounds just like Xavier! Call as many times as you want you just have to deal with that every time. I called four times just because I knew they had my stuff in and it wasn't posted so I was paranoid. I graduated from here and it's like that all the time. You learn to just ignore and expect!

Did you get any feedback on a window when the first round may hear?

She really did not answer my question. All I got from her was that they'll look at it in the next couple of weeks.

I received a call for an interview today for Dec 18th. Anyone else? She told me she was making calls today and then again on Monday!

I did too!! My interview date is on Dec 18th as well. Where do you attend?

I actually graduated from there in May. But was at LSU before and am from New Orleans. What about you? I am so anxious!!!

Cool! I'm from New Orleans, but I'm currently attending Lsu now. :). I'm so anxious too!!! Good luck!!!

I hope I get a call as well! I'm so nervous it's making my break a lil nerve wrecking and intense. :( I was wondering if they were doing it in alphabetical order bc one of my friend also received a phone call.

It's possible! Mine starts with B so that would make sense to me! Don't worry though she told me they were making calls all day Wednesday (not sure if all day meant 9-5 though considering she called me at 3:45) and then again on Monday!

Do y'all know what kind of questions they'll be asking at the interview? I'm nervous even though it's like a month away....

I'm still waiting on the phone call. It's making me very anxious! I hope they're not done inviting applicants for the December interview? Does anyone know about that?

The ones that got the interviews, on the Xavier application does the status bar say anything next to everything you turned in? Because mine is still blank.

I don't think they are done for the December interviews. The way the lady made it seem was that the calls she made on Wednesday and the ones on Monday are for the December interviews. I know from talking to people in last years cycle that they called around this time for the December interviews and then around the end of Jan beginning of Feb they sent out letters. The letters were for the people who were interviewed telling them if they were accepted, wait listed or denied. They also sent out letters to those that were all together denied without interviews. Also around that same time they called the people for the second wave of interviews.

rx2017, I have nothing next to my status bar saying anything. I don't think anything will be updated honestly.

For those that applied here did y'all apply anywhere else?

Im praying that I will get that phone call, but hopefully they will make phone calls all week instead of just those two days. I'm thinking of applying to ULM but, I'm not sure. Right now, its only Xavier that I've applied to. I'm hoping I get in or at least a chance to get an interview. What about you JessPharm? Is Xavier your only choice?

So far I have applied to Xavier (1st choice because I am from New Orleans), South College in TN (I have an interview 4 days before Xavier so hopefully that will prep me for Xavier's), Samford in AL, UGA and PCOM. I tried to apply all over so I didn't have all my eggs in one basket. I just figured I would rather put a little money towards it and hope I am accepted somewhere then have to wait another year.