Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope you get a call Pharmhope on Monday!!! =) I only applied to Xavier. Probably not the best idea to apply to one school but I'm risking it all! Haha I really hope I get into Xavier. I ve worked very hard!!

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that I get a call for a interview on Monday. Really hoping to get accepted to Xavier.

I hope that I get a call for a interview on Monday. Really hoping to get accepted to Xavier.

I'm hoping for the same thing, but still haven't heard anything yet its 1:00pm right now!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's Monday, and still no call :( I wonder if they're still inviting. Does anyone know how many will be invited for December? Sigh...I'm starting to feel like m losing all hope

Pharmacyrx90, you're not rejected yet! Let's hope they didn't finish inviting! I had to check my application to see if I had the correct number 10 times today lol

Pharmacyrx90, you're not rejected yet! Let's hope they didn't finish inviting! I had to check my application to see if I had the correct number 10 times today lol

Yeah, I thought about calling them today but usually they are really rude. I am just going to wait it out. Losing all hope and optimism.

Yeah, I thought about calling them today but usually they are really rude. I am just going to wait it out. Losing all hope and optimism.

They are the same way with me every time I call them, so I decided not to call to make sure. I didn't receive a phone call today either. Lets just keep our hopes up and hopefully they are not done inviting applicants for the December interview. I am counting on this school as much as all of you!

Are they going to be calling anymore this week? Or are they done inviting for the December interviews?

Are they going to be calling anymore this week? Or are they done inviting for the December interviews?

I'm not sure, Im hoping not! I wish I knew how are they doing this whole interview thing. I mean 2 days of interview. But how many people are interviewing and how many interviewers? I have so many questions! I wish they were a lil nice on answering questions when we call them. I know I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket but i really want to attend Xavier. Are you guys from Louisiana as well?

I'm not sure, Im hoping not! I wish I knew how are they doing this whole interview thing. I mean 2 days of interview. But how many people are interviewing and how many interviewers? I have so many questions! I wish they were a lil nice on answering questions when we call them. I know I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket but i really want to attend Xavier. Are you guys from Louisiana as well?

Don't worry, you'll get the interview and get it. I was wondering have you filled out the PharmCAS application at all? Maybe if you have, to be on the safe side you submit that to a couple of schools.
I live in Mississippi, but Xavier is one of my top choices because it would be close to home.

They are the same way with me every time I call them, so I decided not to call to make sure. I didn't receive a phone call today either. Lets just keep our hopes up and hopefully they are not done inviting applicants for the December interview. I am counting on this school as much as all of you!

yeah, good luck to you and everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)

nah, i am from texas just applying all over texas and all over the nation, but if i do end up leaving texas, xavier is my first choice. i really hope that i get a interview with xavier.

Don't worry, you'll get the interview and get it. I was wondering have you filled out the PharmCAS application at all? Maybe if you have, to be on the safe side you submit that to a couple of schools.
I live in Mississippi, but Xavier is one of my top choices because it would be close to home.

yeah i have applied to over 35 schools, i am getting in somewhere no matter what.

I hope Xavier calls all of us today for a interview. Good Luck to you all. Hope everyone has a great day.

I hope Xavier calls all of us today for a interview. Good Luck to you all. Hope everyone has a great day.

I hope so too! GOODLUCK! :thumbup: I'm so tempted to call them, but I think I'll wait till the end of the week.

Thinking positive thoughts for all of you right now. I'm looking to apply to Xavier next year and it is my top choice. Please keep us updated on your progress!!
:love::luck:

This maybe some good news for all of us! I just called the school and the lady I spoke with said they're in the process of going through all the folders and once they're all clear they will contact us. I'm assuming they're going one by one and calling one by one. They're isn't a deadline as to when they will stop calling us. It could be a few days before the interview and they call us! So let's keep our fingers cross guys! I'm hoping my stack of folder isn't at the bottom even though I submitted the application like a month ahead of the due date, but I just recently had all my course substitution and appeals approved, so I'm hoping it's not at the end of the stack :(

After I hung up, I was like darn I should have asked her how many applicants will be invited for an interview for dec. maybe someone else will call and ask lol or I can try in a couple days and switch my voice up. Lol

This maybe some good news for all of us! I just called the school and the lady I spoke with said they're in the process of going through all the folders and once they're all clear they will contact us. I'm assuming they're going one by one and calling one by one. They're isn't a deadline as to when they will stop calling us. It could be a few days before the interview and they call us! So let's keep our fingers cross guys! I'm hoping my stack of folder isn't at the bottom even though I submitted the application like a month ahead of the due date, but I just recently had all my course substitution and appeals approved, so I'm hoping it's not at the end of the stack :(

After I hung up, I was like darn I should have asked her how many applicants will be invited for an interview for dec. maybe someone else will call and ask lol or I can try in a couple days and switch my voice up. Lol

Thank you for the updated, it's a relief that they are still going through our application. I'll contact them and see how many they are inviting in December.

I called the school an they told me that there is no set date for when they will stop calling for the December interview. And also they don't know how many they'll be inviting for the interview either.

Thinking positive thoughts for all of you right now. I'm looking to apply to Xavier next year and it is my top choice. Please keep us updated on your progress!!
:love::luck:

I also will apply to Xavier next year. Xavier is also my top choice. How many more prerequisites in progress do you have left to take? Also, are you an out of state student applying to Xavier or are you an in-state student?

Last edited:
Yes @pharmacy, I am currently out of state (in Oregon right now actually b/c my husband is in medical school here); but, we are looking to get back to NOLA b/c that is where our family is and where he wants to do his residency. I already have my B.A., so right now I'm working on my science prerequisites @ Oregon State University. I should have them finished by Spring 2014.

Has anyone heard anything about the interview???

Do you think they may be looking at each of the applications alphabetically?

Do you think they may be looking at each of the applications alphabetically?

I'm not sure, I was telling myself that they were, but I'm not positive on it. I just know that they're clearing each file/folder and once it's cleared they will call and invite those that are qualified. Do you have any idea what kind of questions they ask at the interview? I'm nervous since this is my first ever interview and I'm hoping i don't bomb it. :scared: but don't worry think positive, I'm sure you will get a call soon!

My last name begins with an N. I still haven't gotten a interview. I guess it's time for me to give up on hoping that I will get a interview.

My last name begins with an N. I still haven't gotten a interview. I guess it's time for me to give up on hoping that I will get a interview.

I feel the same, but we have to stay positive. Don't worry we will get a call!

I'm not sure, I was telling myself that they were, but I'm not positive on it. I just know that they're clearing each file/folder and once it's cleared they will call and invite those that are qualified. Do you have any idea what kind of questions they ask at the interview? I'm nervous since this is my first ever interview and I'm hoping i don't bomb it. :scared: but don't worry think positive, I'm sure you will get a call soon!

Xavier is under the "Articles and Interviews". Although the questions may be outdated. Besides that I haven't found much info on interviews at Xavier.

Any word today for any of those who has applied and hasn't received a call yet?

I still haven't heard anything yet from Xavier. First round of interviews are next week. I don't think I will be getting a interview. I think it's time for me to accept that I have been rejected from Xavier.

I wish you all the best with your applications. I know everyone will get a interview. Good Luck Everyone.

I still haven't heard anything yet from Xavier. First round of interviews are next week. I don't think I will be getting a interview. I think it's time for me to accept that I have been rejected from Xavier.

I wish you all the best with your applications. I know everyone will get a interview. Good Luck Everyone.

Interviews are in two weeks not next week and be positive! There's still time, if not this round of interviews there are second round in spring! :)

Keep your head up! It is definitely possible for you to still get one. I had talked with someone on Monday and they are still calling. Also you could still possibly get a spring interview. I know plenty of people that were accepted with a spring interview last cycle. You will be fine!

I still have hope in this school!

Has anyone else heard from Xavier about an interview?

Has anyone else heard from Xavier about an interview?

I got an email today, but it was about a course substitution form I needed to turn in. The email didn't sound that encouraging. But we will see.

I am applying to Xavier and I have an interview on the 18th of dec. do you or does anyone know what to expect?

Thanks
lghazi99

Yes don't give up, I received my call last week and my interview is on the 18th of dec. I am nervous!!

Don't give up, I received a phone call just this week, inviting me for an interview. I just wish someone on here knew what to expect. What type of questions will asked? How longs does it take to hear back from them after the interview.

Thanks
lghazi99

Hey I have an interview on Dec 18th as well. Going off what their application cycle was like last year, the people who interviews in December found out the first couple of days in February. Also people who did not get interviews in Dec found out their decision, whether it be a spring interview or not.
Also I had head that they ask a lot of situational type questions and then of course the usual why pharmacy and tell me about yourself type questions.

The interview was so nerve wrecking! I hope I did good enough to get accepted. Now the two months wait. Sigh.

I thought the interview was pretty laid back really. The two people I had made it really easy to talk. They mainly ask questions from your answers to other questions. Also I definitely think some type of pharmacy experience helps answer some of their situational questions.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long :(.

I had the interviewed 2 days ago too. Anybody had Dr. Larochelle and Dr. Taylor for your interview? I dont know much about these professors, I hope they are easy so I can pass the interview:(

I thought the interview was pretty laid back really. The two people I had made it really easy to talk. They mainly ask questions from your answers to other questions. Also I definitely think some type of pharmacy experience helps answer some of their situational questions.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long :(.

I think the interviewers were really laid and they tried to make it a laid back stress free interview but I was still very nervous and I felt like I blanked out a lot. I didn't see the interviewer write down anything as i responded to the questions. Did you're interviewer write any comments for you?

I think the interviewers were really laid and they tried to make it a laid back stress free interview but I was still very nervous and I felt like I blanked out a lot. I didn't see the interviewer write down anything as i responded to the questions. Did you're interviewer write any comments for you?

Yes, I saw my interviewers wrote when I answered them. They also marked some boxes on the top of that paper too.

Yes, one of the interviewers wrote down comments on a notepad while the other one just asked questions and listened. However he didn't write them down on a paper he just had a old notepad.