Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, last questions guys -- do you think they would even consider me with a 2.653 math/science gpa and a cumulative gpa of 2.90?

I think you would have to have at least 2.75 on math/science. I agree. You should really try to bring ur gpa up

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone currently doing the summer pre-matriculation program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it required? I thought it was optional. I am out of town and chose not to do the program, but I am worried about what I am missing. Do you receive any credit for doing the program?

Is it required? I thought it was optional. I am out of town and chose not to do the program, but I am worried about what I am missing. Do you receive any credit for doing the program?

It's not required for everyone. We're taking biostatistics, biochemistry and pharmacy calculations right now and in biochem and pharmacy calculations we are learning material. In biochem he is going over the lectures that have given trouble in the past years. And in pharmacy calculations I think he's just going over the lectures for the start of the term. As much as I wish I didn't have to be there I think I am benefitting from it. But no we are not getting credit for it.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Pharmacy Pre-Matriculation Summer Program (PPMSP)

Last edited:
Did anyone complete an online CPR course? If so, can you post the link you used?

Did everyone submit everything to the certified background website? I thought we just needed the vaccinations for everything, but when I checked the website it rejected it and said I needed to get blood work done. Is this going to affect anything since it is past the July 1 deadline?
Also, has anyone heard back anything if they are trying to transfer credits over?

Some of the P2 and P3 students have been helping us in the Pharmacy Pre-Matriculation Program and we were told that as long as we have everything in before orientation then we should be fine. Also you do need to get blood work done to prove that the shots you have had are still in your system. They also told us that if you submitted the transfer credit form you will have to talk to your advisor at orientation to see if those classes were accepted and if they were they are the ones that will take that off your schedule. Also try and send in your Board of Pharmacy paperwork to get your intern license started. It wont be complete under after registration and Xavier sends a list of enrolled students to the Board of Pharmacy.

Does anyone know for sure about submitting paperwork to the PEP office? It's so redundant but I'm getting the impression that everything we have to submit to CertifiedBackground must also be printed out and sent to the PEP office. I'm reluctant to call them and ask to avoid being yelled at like others.

Some of the P2 and P3 students have been helping us in the Pharmacy Pre-Matriculation Program and we were told that as long as we have everything in before orientation then we should be fine. Also you do need to get blood work done to prove that the shots you have had are still in your system. They also told us that if you submitted the transfer credit form you will have to talk to your advisor at orientation to see if those classes were accepted and if they were they are the ones that will take that off your schedule. Also try and send in your Board of Pharmacy paperwork to get your intern license started. It wont be complete under after registration and Xavier sends a list of enrolled students to the Board of Pharmacy.
The rejected comment states that I need an antibody titer and that proof of immunization is not sufficient. Does everyone need these titers? And how did they expect us to know that if the health form just stated the need for proof of immunization! Thank you so much for the rest of that information, I will definitely start that!

The rejected comment states that I need an antibody titer and that proof of immunization is not sufficient. Does everyone need these titers? And how did they expect us to know that if the health form just stated the need for proof of immunization! Thank you so much for the rest of that information, I will definitely start that!

Yes that's exactly what you need to get done. Titers for MMR, Varicella, and Hep B. They're bloodwork to see if you have enough antibodies left since your last vaccinations to still be immune against those diseases/infections. If they're lower than required (most likely not) then you'll just have to get re-vaccinated. The results only take a couple days, so just get the titers done.

So glad PPMSP is over

Last edited:
I am looking for a roommate. My roommate is out for the first semester and I was just wondering if someone looking a place to stay just for the first semester please let me know. It Is fully furnished, very safe and convenient place. Private message me if you interested!

Does anyone know anything about orientation on Monday besides the schedule they sent out? Like what we should bring, if there is specified parking areas, etc?

There really isn't anything you need to bring. As for parking without a decal, just don't park in any parking lots and park on sides of streets that allow parking. I've been told that it's just a lot of sitting and listening to speakers at orientation and that there is an optional tour.

Does anyone have two extra tickets for the white coat ceremony that they will not be using? If so, please let me know. I would appreciate it! :)

Hi! I am currently working on applying to Xavier now. I am only in my sophomore year of college because I have always wanted to go to pharmacy school at XULA so I have only taken the required prerequisite courses. So far (not including this semester- Fall 2014) I have completed 35 hours of coursework. I am worried though because right now my science GPA is 2.74. I'm wondering if any of you that have already been accepted have ever heard of anyone being considered/accepted with just below a 2.75 GPA? If I try applying now with the 2.74 am I just wasting my time and money and better off waiting and applying next year once I've got more courses under my belt? I was also wondering if I pulled up my science GPA with the classes I'm taking this semester would I be given an opportunity to submit my updated transcript in December and possibly be considered for a spring interview? Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.