Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope to get into pharmacy school somewhere in Texas but if I do not get in then Xavier is the school that I want to go to. Who all is applying to this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was hoping to find a thread for this year's applicants. I have also applied for Fall 2014 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I applied to! Not sure what's going on with my app though, these guys are slowwwwww!

Reactions: 1 user
Do y'all mind sharing your stats? GPA, PCAT score, pharmacy experience, do you have a bachelor's degree, etc.

Pcat score --> Sorry! It's coming to my grave with me, I bummed it every time!
Gpa-- ~3.1 ish, not sure since I don't know if my bio courses will be used (taken before 2008)
Degree-- Texas Tech - Bachelor of Science (Nutrition and Chemistry)
6 yrs of Pharmacy Tech experience.
I only planned on applying to Tx, AL, and CO schools. But I'm from Hammond,La and finally decided to give Xavier a try ;-)

Gpa-- ~3.1 ish, not sure since I don't know if my bio courses will be used (taken before 2008)
I only planned on applying to Tx, AL, and CO schools. But I'm from Hammond,La and finally decided to give Xavier a try ;-)

Your stats sound good to me! Believe me, I know what you mean about the PCAT. I found it ridiculously hard! It would be great if you could be that close to home. I am from the Lafayette area and I'm applying to Xavier and ULM.
This is what I'm applying with:
GPA: 3.3
PCAT: 70
BS in Biology from LSU
No experience in pharmacy:(

Last edited:
I
I hope to get into pharmacy school somewhere in Texas but if I do not get in then Xavier is the school that I want to go to. Who all is applying to this school?
I applied ... Today is the last day for the recommendation letter n Pcat result so I'm hoping I get an interview there... So far I have one at UW

Lol at ur Pcat thing

I

I applied ... Today is the last day for the recommendation letter n Pcat result so I'm hoping I get an interview there... So far I have one at UW

Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA, PCAT score, pharmacy experience, do you have a bachelor's degree, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.46
Pcat. Bad I only studied 1 week prior got above 40 below 50
Pharmacy experience yes been a certified n registered pharmacy tech since 07... Work at several retail
No degree yet but majoring in biomedical science at usf
Wat abt u?

GPA 3.46
Pcat. Bad I only studied 1 week prior got above 40 below 50
Pharmacy experience yes been a certified n registered pharmacy tech since 07... Work at several retail
No degree yet but majoring in biomedical science at usf
Wat abt u?

BS in Biology from LSU
No experience

Great but I think Xavier more concerns abt the writing part..... Great score on ur Pcat

Thank you, I was pleased with it considering how difficult I found the test. You think Xavier is more concerned about the writing part of the PCAT or the statement of interest we wrote?

Thank you, I was pleased with it considering how difficult I found the test. You think Xavier is more concerned about the writing part of the PCAT or the statement of interest we wrote?
The writing part on the Pcat according to them on their web

Your stats sound good to me! Believe me, I know what you mean about the PCAT. I found it ridiculously hard! It would be great if you could be that close to home. I am from the Lafayette area and I'm applying to Xavier and ULM.
This is what I'm applying with:
BS in Biology from LSU
No experience in pharmacy:(
With that pcat score I wouldn't sweat it if I were you! Only thing I was really worried about were the recommendation letter requirements...2 professors?! That's a joke at TTU, I'm lucky if I've ever been within 2 ft of them!

What's going on with Xavier ? Still haven't heard anything yet! Anyone has an interview invite?

I got a call for an interview on 12/17 at 2 pm so happy... Guys pick up ur phone when you see no call ID calling you... They have been calling me since last week n never picked up ... Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Ive been watching my phone like a crazy person, so lets hope so! Goodluck with your interview!
Hopefully soon...pick up when u see a no caller ID calling u......I'm gonna be at the first interview so just pray n check ur email n junkmails

Hey have u heard anything yet?

Sorry, I am just now seeing all of the latest posts. I'd actually logged on to tell you all that I got a call inviting me to come for an interview next week and to check in and see if you guys had heard anything as well. Yes, be sure to answer if you see "Unknown" on the caller ID. I almost missed them because I was hesitant to answer. Best of luck to those interviewing next week and to those that haven't heard back yet hopefully you will hear something soon!

Hopefully soon...pick up when u see a no caller ID calling u......I'm gonna be at the first interview so just pray n check ur email n junkmails

Have you had any correspondence with XULA COP via email? I'm just wondering whether they tend to contact applicants more via phone or email or both. I haven't received anything, but I haven't checked my junk mail so something could be there. Has anyone gotten emails from them or just phone communication?

Have you had any correspondence with XULA COP via email? I'm just wondering whether they tend to contact applicants more via phone or email or both. I haven't received anything, but I haven't checked my junk mail so something could be there. Has anyone gotten emails from them or just phone communication?[/quot

I think both

I got a call for an interview on 12/17 at 2 pm so happy... Guys pick up ur phone when you see no call ID calling you... They have been calling me since last week n never picked up ... Good luck everyone

Do you remember the name of whom you spoke with? A lady called me and gave me all the info for my interview, but I didn't catch her name. I THINK she may have said something starting with an H like "This is Ms. H******, but I'm really not sure. I didn't want to ask her to repeat herself. Do you know whom you talked to? Maybe it was the same lady and I'll recognize her name!

Thanks! That does sound familiar. It was probably the same lady I talked to. It doesn't really matter. It was just bugging me... LOL!

Lol I know her name because she emailed me after I missed two calls from them...

Lol I know her name because she emailed me after I missed two calls from them...

Haha! I know... I almost missed them too! Next question, do you know anything about Xavier's interviewing process? How many interviewers are there, what's the room/environment like (small office with a desk, large conference room w/ table, more casual w/ couches or armchairs, etc.), what kinds of questions do they ask, about how long do they typically last? I'd appreciate anything you know or have heard from others!

Haha! I know... I almost missed them too! Next question, do you know anything about Xavier's interviewing process? How many interviewers are there, what's the room/environment like (small office with a desk, large conference room w/ table, more casual w/ couches or armchairs, etc.), what kinds of questions do they ask, about how long do they typically last? I'd appreciate anything you know or have heard from others!

Unfortunately no.. I live in Florida . Just google some info.. That's what I'm going to do..

Hey guys, I am a P1 and came across your questions. The interview process at Xavier is pretty basic. When you get to the school you will go to the College of Pharmacy building and check in with the table that is set up. From there you will be asked to go to an auditorium where they have a video set up and playing about the College. Your interviewer will then come and get you from the auditorium and take you back to their office. There will be two interviewers and you in the office. For my interview the office was small and we were just kind of sitting in a triangle while they asked me questions. They asked you pretty basic questions like: why pharmacy, why xavier, why do you want to be a pharmacist, what made you want to do pharmacy instead of another medical field, what type of pharmacy would you want to go into when you graduated, explain times when you were in a situation where someone was doing something wrong what did you do. Basic questions like those but be prepared to amplify your answers. Also if you have experience tell them about it, its good to know that people know what they are getting themselves into when they start pharmacy school. A lot of people in my class have never been behind in a pharmacy before. Just make sure you look professional and be confident in what you are saying and you will do great!
Good luck! If you have any more questions I will try and remember to check so I can help out!

Do you remember the name of whom you spoke with? A lady called me and gave me all the info for my interview, but I didn't catch her name. I THINK she may have said something starting with an H like "This is Ms. H******, but I'm really not sure. I didn't want to ask her to repeat herself. Do you know whom you talked to? Maybe it was the same lady and I'll recognize her name!
Hey guys, I am a P1 and came across your questions. The interview process at Xavier is pretty basic. When you get to the school you will go to the College of Pharmacy building and check in with the table that is set up. From there you will be asked to go to an auditorium where they have a video set up and playing about the College. Your interviewer will then come and get you from the auditorium and take you back to their office. There will be two interviewers and you in the office. For my interview the office was small and we were just kind of sitting in a triangle while they asked me questions. They asked you pretty basic questions like: why pharmacy, why xavier, why do you want to be a pharmacist, what made you want to do pharmacy instead of another medical field, what type of pharmacy would you want to go into when you graduated, explain times when you were in a situation where someone was doing something wrong what did you do. Basic questions like those but be prepared to amplify your answers. Also if you have experience tell them about it, its good to know that people know what they are getting themselves into when they start pharmacy school. A lot of people in my class have never been behind in a pharmacy before. Just make sure you look professional and be confident in what you are saying and you will do great!
Good luck! If you have any more questions I will try and remember to check so I can help out!

Hi Jess, if i do not have experience , what should i answer them?

I think we have about 145 or so. Extremely big class compared to most other pharmacy schools.

I think experience helps but doesn't mean everything to Xavier. They want to see well rounded people so just because you don't have experience in a pharmacy doesn't mean you won't get in. Talk about other times you been around people and had to deal with the public. Pharmacy is a lot of dealing with the public so those kind of scenarios can help explain to them who you are. Also Xavier loves to see people who are interested in residencies and research so if thats for you (or at least your not totally against it) definitely throw that in there as well.
Its also good to have some well thought out questions about the program or school you want to ask. Shows them your interested in them as well. But make sure you do your research because you don't want to ask a question thats obvious or make you sound like you don't know what your talking about!

I think we have about 145 or so. Extremely big class compared to most other pharmacy schools.

Ok thx .... Hope everybody in here get in! N I see they DNT take a lot of out of state students... Sorry for all those questions I'm just very anxious

Ok thx .... Hope everybody in here get in! N I see they DNT take a lot of out of state students... Sorry for all those questions I'm just very anxious

We have a lot of people who have done their undergrad at Xavier. But we also have a good number of people who are from out of state too! Don't let that throw you off! I think with Xavier they take their students because they know they will accept their invite in return. So definitely don't be afraid to let them know you like them and let them know you want to be at their school. Flat out tell them if you get accepted your coming. It may seem forceful but makes you look confident in a decision.

We have a lot of people who have done their undergrad at Xavier. But we also have a good number of people who are from out of state too! Don't let that throw you off! I think with Xavier they take their students because they know they will accept their invite in return. So definitely don't be afraid to let them know you like them and let them know you want to be at their school. Flat out tell them if you get accepted your coming. It may seem forceful but makes you look confident in a decision.

That's a great idea... And I do really like them..... My pharmacist went there and told me a lot about them

Hey i was wondering if anyone know how long the interview usually last?