Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
http://www.xula.edu/cop/documents/newp1/Certified Background Student Instructions.pdf

Any idea if this is mandatory?? I really haven't received any detailed information as to what we have to do before pharm school starts and it's worrying me!
Yes it is! I believe we need to do that and a CPR class as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the code still XA13 like it says on that document? Because I have already purchased it and put in that specific code and it took me to all of last year P1's deadlines. The website says everything was due 7-16-14, which means that it hasn't been updated. I know PHARMCAS offers a background check that is in accordance with the school, It's just not the same company that Xaviers website has. I'm so confused.

Last edited:
Is the code still XA13 like it says on that document? Because I have already purchased it and put in that specific code and it took me to all of last year P1's deadlines. The website says everything was due 7-16-14, which means that it hasn't been updated. I know PHARMCAS offers a background check that is in accordance with the school, It's just not the same company that Xaviers website has. I'm so confused.
I am confused as well and pharmcas hasnt sent us an email as to do it or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
should we just ask when we go up there on the 25th to enroll for summer school?

Not sure if it is or not. I tried calling the school but I was directed to another office and I left a voice mail. No response at the moment

hey guys they just sent an informational email out!

hi! so i just received my acceptance letter on friday (super excited!) but it turns out they lost my course substitution form for theology. i had to resubmit a new one and if it doesn't get accepted, i'll have too many courses to take in the summer (i'm already taking calculus and health ethics).

did anyone do a course substitution for theology? was it hard to get accepted? i'm a little worried (more like a lot, tbh) that it won't get accepted because i really want to attend xavier.

hi! so i just received my acceptance letter on friday (super excited!) but it turns out they lost my course substitution form for theology. i had to resubmit a new one and if it doesn't get accepted, i'll have too many courses to take in the summer (i'm already taking calculus and health ethics).

did anyone do a course substitution for theology? was it hard to get accepted? i'm a little worried (more like a lot, tbh) that it won't get accepted because i really want to attend xavier.
Hey where are you taking the calculus class. I have to take calc and health ethics as well but it is filled up in my hometown and I'm getting really worried. About your theology class I'm not sure. They were really strict on me when I sent in course substitutions for biology and microbiology however I never took a theology class so I had to take it anyway. I took world of religions it was real basic. What was the name of the theology class you took? Maybe I can help you out based off the name of the course. I really hope you get in because I know how you feel right now. I'm going through the same thing if I don't find a spot for calc

don't forget to send yalls transcripts in by MAY 29th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey where are you taking the calculus class. I have to take calc and health ethics as well but it is filled up in my hometown and I'm getting really worried. About your theology class I'm not sure. They were really strict on me when I sent in course substitutions for biology and microbiology however I never took a theology class so I had to take it anyway. I took world of religions it was real basic. What was the name of the theology class you took? Maybe I can help you out based off the name of the course. I really hope you get in because I know how you feel right now. I'm going through the same thing if I don't find a spot for calc

hi! google "calculus 1 brigham young university". it's about 700 bucks though /: but its 4 credit hours and mostly online (you'll take your exams in a testing center).

for my theology class, i took a course called "christologies" (REL350) and it's similar to one of xavier's courses called "theological understanding of jesus christ" (THEO 3060). i'm hoping it gets approved -- i don't really know the criteria for what is "acceptable" or not. i attended a private presbyterian liberal arts college, so it'd be a little ironic if my theology course wasn't accepted.

this is my course's syllabus description:
This course will approach these issues and others like them from several different angles: how Jesus is represented in the Gospels that were authorized by the early church; debates over Jesus’ humanity and divinity in the first few centuries of Christianity; theories of “atonement” i.e. how Jesus “saves"; and modern day interpretations of Christology in academic scholarship, popular spirituality and secular culture.

this is xavier's course's description:
3060. Theological Understanding of Jesus Christ - Examines the historical and theological perspectives of Jesus Christ as presented in the Christian scriptures, in early centuries of Christian thought, and in subsequent Christian reflection.

hi! google "calculus 1 brigham young university". it's about 700 bucks though /: but its 4 credit hours and mostly online (you'll take your exams in a testing center).

for my theology class, i took a course called "christologies" (REL350) and it's similar to one of xavier's courses called "theological understanding of jesus christ" (THEO 3060). i'm hoping it gets approved -- i don't really know the criteria for what is "acceptable" or not. i attended a private presbyterian liberal arts college, so it'd be a little ironic if my theology course wasn't accepted.

this is my course's syllabus description:
This course will approach these issues and others like them from several different angles: how Jesus is represented in the Gospels that were authorized by the early church; debates over Jesus’ humanity and divinity in the first few centuries of Christianity; theories of “atonement” i.e. how Jesus “saves"; and modern day interpretations of Christology in academic scholarship, popular spirituality and secular culture.

this is xavier's course's description:
3060. Theological Understanding of Jesus Christ - Examines the historical and theological perspectives of Jesus Christ as presented in the Christian scriptures, in early centuries of Christian thought, and in subsequent Christian reflection.
is that that calc class approved by xavier did you already ask because that may be my only option. And yeah I really don't see them rejecting that especially since yours is a lot more specific than mine!! I don't think you should worry!! I would let them know how you would be one class away from being accepted and you would be very sad. They made me retake a lot of my science courses but not really any of my electives so I think you should be fine. Also where are you taking your health ethics class this summer??

Has anyone received any information concerning registration for summer classes on Monday?

Has anyone received any information concerning registration for summer classes on Monday?
nothing other than what they emailed us earlier in the year. I am going up there on monday is anyone else?

is that that calc class approved by xavier did you already ask because that may be my only option. And yeah I really don't see them rejecting that especially since yours is a lot more specific than mine!! I don't think you should worry!! I would let them know how you would be one class away from being accepted and you would be very sad. They made me retake a lot of my science courses but not really any of my electives so I think you should be fine. Also where are you taking your health ethics class this summer??

i called and said taking calc online was fine. i hope they don't reject it, i'm super worried! i was going to take it online at xavier -- i was trying to take it at UNO but i'm not sure if it's self paced or not.

i called and said taking calc online was fine. i hope they don't reject it, i'm super worried! i was going to take it online at xavier -- i was trying to take it at UNO but i'm not sure if it's self paced or not.
should i call and ask? did you send them the syllabus for the calc class? because i need to take that same one

nothing other than what they emailed us earlier in the year. I am going up there on monday is anyone else?
I'm going there on Monday too and I'm coming from Houston. So will drive to NO Sunday then register Monday

Has anyone started looking into housing yet? ? I talked to a P3 student and she told me the school provided them with free lodging during their summer PMP. Does anyone have any ideas please. It's kinda frustrating when u looking for housing and you are out of town.

Has anyone started looking into housing yet? ? I talked to a P3 student and she told me the school provided them with free lodging during their summer PMP. Does anyone have any ideas please. It's kinda frustrating when u looking for housing and you are out of town.
I am in the same boat as you. I was trying to look into housing when i got there this weekend. I am wanting to room with someone though and I dont know what to do. Maybe we can all somehow meet on monday when we register to make it easier? Wait so Xavier provides housing for the summer classes?

hey I just called Xavier, and they do not accept that calc class. If you have any other option do that because mrs. hudson told me to pass this information down to you.

hey I just called Xavier, and they do not accept that calc class. If you have any other option do that because mrs. hudson told me to pass this information down to you.
they do not accept independent study courses.

does anyone know how we would find out if we have to do the PMP??

I am in the same boat as you. I was trying to look into housing when i got there this weekend. I am wanting to room with someone though and I dont know what to do. Maybe we can all somehow meet on monday when we register to make it easier? Wait so Xavier provides housing for the summer classes?
I know a P3 student who said Xavier provided them with housing for the PPMSP not summer class lol. But I'm not sure if they still do because I don't know any current P1 or P2 student to ask from.

Does anyone know if the PEP is mandatory for all student. I called the office front desk and the lady that picked up the call overwhelmed me with rudeness.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. Chris 1950, I don't think it is mandatory and they said they will send out an email with more info on a later date

Does anyone know if the PEP is mandatory for all student. I called the office front desk and the lady that picked up the call overwhelmed me with rudeness.

I've heard about this rudeness from multiple people now. Makes me worried.

Does anyone know if we actually have to be physically there to register for summer school... I just talked to a P2 student and they said we may be able to do so online??

Thanks moi meme, if anyone gets more updates pls leave a comment, thanks again

I know a P3 student who said Xavier provided them with housing for the PPMSP not summer class lol. But I'm not sure if they still do because I don't know any current P1 or P2 student to ask from.

After my interview Mrs. Hudson said housing is free!!! for The PPMSP of course

Reactions: 1 user
do anyone know if the registration is still this Monday because of memorial day .

Hey guys, hope u guys registered. I had a really long day out there today

Please can you all help me figure out how to login to my online course. I think it's suppose to be @ blackboard.XXula.edu. but I tried to put in my user name and password which is supposed to be the same as our email username and password but it's not letting me in. Does anyone have any idea. Help needed pleaseeee

I'm having trouble as well
I guess I'll have to call tomorrow!

Please can you all help me figure out how to login to my online course. I think it's suppose to be @ blackboard.XXula.edu. but I tried to put in my user name and password which is supposed to be the same as our email username and password but it's not letting me in. Does anyone have any idea. Help needed pleaseeee

The guy from ITT SAID that it don't become active until 24 hours after u register ....we will see...!!

I have tried to login again to no avail. Did anyone get in. I called but I've been on hold for about an hour already.

what should the username for our blackboard be? is it the email address.

I have tried to login again to no avail. Did anyone get in. I called but I've been on hold for about an hour already.

My blackboard and email began working around the time I registered.... maybe it will work around the time u registered I really don't know